Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What could be next?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Let's pretend for one blissful, ignorant moment that Pirate101 is getting a meaty new update, including a second arc, new worlds, and brand new companions and gear. What do you think could be the next focus? There's a few loose ends from Arc 1, for example;

We have yet to reach El Dorado, obviously. I feel like without Kane, there's not much incentive to rush there anymore, but a city of gold is still too tempting to ignore.

Queen isn't gone. We know this for a fact. What could she bring to the table? I'd love to realize she had her own gears turning (pun intended) while Kane's ill-fated plans fell through.

Finally, whatever became of Napolenguin? In Wizard101, there isn't a single mention of the penguin, but we know his intentions in Pirate. Maybe he's playing the long game, waiting for the wizard to destabilize Polaris enough that he can swing back in.

I'm really curious about what worlds we could see. The plans Blind Mew gave us while Valencia part 2 was in the planning stages were fantastic, and I'd still love to visit Grizzleheim, Krokotopia, Darkmoore and others we have yet to see. I guess we can still go after Ericka the Red, but again, without Kane around why do we care? I feel like before we chase after El Dorado, a new major antagonist needs to be established. What could be bigger than the Armada?

Happy pirating, folks.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkdoombro345 on Jan 12, 2021 wrote:
Let's pretend for one blissful, ignorant moment that Pirate101 is getting a meaty new update, including a second arc, new worlds, and brand new companions and gear. What do you think could be the next focus? There's a few loose ends from Arc 1, for example;

We have yet to reach El Dorado, obviously. I feel like without Kane, there's not much incentive to rush there anymore, but a city of gold is still too tempting to ignore.

Queen isn't gone. We know this for a fact. What could she bring to the table? I'd love to realize she had her own gears turning (pun intended) while Kane's ill-fated plans fell through.

Finally, whatever became of Napolenguin? In Wizard101, there isn't a single mention of the penguin, but we know his intentions in Pirate. Maybe he's playing the long game, waiting for the wizard to destabilize Polaris enough that he can swing back in.

I'm really curious about what worlds we could see. The plans Blind Mew gave us while Valencia part 2 was in the planning stages were fantastic, and I'd still love to visit Grizzleheim, Krokotopia, Darkmoore and others we have yet to see. I guess we can still go after Ericka the Red, but again, without Kane around why do we care? I feel like before we chase after El Dorado, a new major antagonist needs to be established. What could be bigger than the Armada?

Happy pirating, folks.
OK, I'll try to be blissfully ignorant and imagine that KI will finally give us what is needed before the game dies.

1. True, there's no need as yet to race to El Dorado. However, where did the Golden Mind go after Kane died?
Could there be more trouble coming from that part of Kane?
Also, consider this - it's no secret that we own part of a map that leads to a fantastic amount of gold, Hande and Bob Carrington (or others) may attack us to gain possession. We also hold our mother's diary that has the locations of treasure she hid during her pirating days. We could be going on a massive treasure hunt, instead of El Dorado.
2. Queen, Kane's "greatest creation", will she step into his shoes as Supreme Commander? Will Valencia decide that with Kane's loss, it's better to make peace with Marleybone?
3. What became of Napoliguin? well, if you remember the Polarian Ambassador in the Mezza Luna Tavern, he specifically says: "You restored our leader" to me, this means he"s already in power in Polaris. This is plot hole that Blind Mew needs to address.

New worlds? We ought to consider that Polaris is the top contender for a new world. Followed by Grizzleheim (as a good place to start looking for Erica the Red). Darkmore, since it's our mother's home world (what better place to hide her map?). And Krokotopia, simply because Deacon once was there (what was he looking for?).
As to Erica the Red, if we're not actively seeking map pieces, why not have her contact us? It's not a secret that we have the map pieces, maybe she wants some of that gold herself? Maybe not all our mother's friends are "nice pirates".

Ensign
May 28, 2020
I know you were told El Dorado wasn't worth it by your parents but when I was a kid I did TONS of stuff my parents told me not to.

Thrifty

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkdoombro345 on Jan 12, 2021 wrote:

Happy pirating, folks.
Now for companions: if we do get Polaris, we may get a penguin musketeer (this model is already in the game) or a Cossak Bear buck. As I recall Polaris in W101, there are also, Seals and Winter Foxes (really want one of those).
In Grizzleheim, besides bears, there are Ravens, Wolves, Boar and Grendels. So players who have spent $s on packs won't need to be disappointed if we gain a companion so long as it's not a Bear (or we may get a female bear different than the pack bears).
As what could be "bigger" than the Armada, I would be satisfied with something "nastier" and piratical. We've moved so far from our pirate origins, that a return to a pirate threat would be a positive.
Of course, it would be nice if some side content was added: crafting, gardening & fishing.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
anecorbie on Jan 15, 2021 wrote:
Now for companions: if we do get Polaris, we may get a penguin musketeer (this model is already in the game) or a Cossak Bear buck. As I recall Polaris in W101, there are also, Seals and Winter Foxes (really want one of those).
In Grizzleheim, besides bears, there are Ravens, Wolves, Boar and Grendels. So players who have spent $s on packs won't need to be disappointed if we gain a companion so long as it's not a Bear (or we may get a female bear different than the pack bears).
As what could be "bigger" than the Armada, I would be satisfied with something "nastier" and piratical. We've moved so far from our pirate origins, that a return to a pirate threat would be a positive.
Of course, it would be nice if some side content was added: crafting, gardening & fishing.
Considering this and your last post, I feel like it only makes sense that our next opponent would be a dangerous pirate seeking our riches and wealth. I would really like to change gears and shift away from the Armada, if only for a bit; Queen is still around, sure, but I think it would benefit the story to let her motives remain immersed in mystery for a while. I don't want to speculate too much, because there really aren't a lot of hints about the future of Pirate (or if there is a future for Pirate), but I would love to see the same story-driven, lore-heavy thought that the latest arcs of Wizard have had.

Also it's a little ridiculous we don't have hobbies/side content. Advanced pets were such a step in the right direction, and with a few more events and activities Pirate could easily add a rewards track like Wizard's scroll of fortune that would definitely inspire new players.

Also, I think Mirage would be a cool world to add. Not sure how it would fit into the story, but travelling the sands on a pirate ship is a fun concept.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkdoombro345 on Jan 15, 2021 wrote:
Considering this and your last post, I feel like it only makes sense that our next opponent would be a dangerous pirate seeking our riches and wealth. I would really like to change gears and shift away from the Armada, if only for a bit; Queen is still around, sure, but I think it would benefit the story to let her motives remain immersed in mystery for a while. I don't want to speculate too much, because there really aren't a lot of hints about the future of Pirate (or if there is a future for Pirate), but I would love to see the same story-driven, lore-heavy thought that the latest arcs of Wizard have had.

Also it's a little ridiculous we don't have hobbies/side content. Advanced pets were such a step in the right direction, and with a few more events and activities Pirate could easily add a rewards track like Wizard's scroll of fortune that would definitely inspire new players.

Also, I think Mirage would be a cool world to add. Not sure how it would fit into the story, but travelling the sands on a pirate ship is a fun concept.
I think Mirage would be an excellent choice! Remember the Thieves Den? And Sinbad? I loved Mirage in Wizard and would love to have it here; besides we got Cool Ranch and what did that world have to do with pirates?
Worlds that have a mention or direct conection to P101: Krokotopia, Grizzleheim (origin worlds or home to Erica the Red), Polaris (Napoliguin), Darkmoor (Vadima's & our mother's home world) & Zafaria (mentioned by Butch Chickadee)

How about Meowiarty as the next "big bad"? What about Guy Fox?

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
anecorbie on Jan 20, 2021 wrote:
I think Mirage would be an excellent choice! Remember the Thieves Den? And Sinbad? I loved Mirage in Wizard and would love to have it here; besides we got Cool Ranch and what did that world have to do with pirates?
Worlds that have a mention or direct conection to P101: Krokotopia, Grizzleheim (origin worlds or home to Erica the Red), Polaris (Napoliguin), Darkmoor (Vadima's & our mother's home world) & Zafaria (mentioned by Butch Chickadee)

How about Meowiarty as the next "big bad"? What about Guy Fox?
You know, I completely forgot about Zafaria being mentioned. I would be pretty excited about that, because what we got from Zafaria in Wiz felt underwhelming- same with Polaris and Krok. MooShu (and to a lesser extent, Marleybone) are excellent examples of how the smaller worlds from W101 can be incorporated into larger, far more interesting stories. I think that excites me more than the prospect of brand new worlds in their entirety.

And I think Meowiarty's a great suggestion. Although I'm not sure how much interest he would have in El Dorado, I think his criminal genius should coincide with our Pirate's adventures in the future.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
darkdoombro345 on Jan 21, 2021 wrote:
You know, I completely forgot about Zafaria being mentioned. I would be pretty excited about that, because what we got from Zafaria in Wiz felt underwhelming- same with Polaris and Krok. MooShu (and to a lesser extent, Marleybone) are excellent examples of how the smaller worlds from W101 can be incorporated into larger, far more interesting stories. I think that excites me more than the prospect of brand new worlds in their entirety.

And I think Meowiarty's a great suggestion. Although I'm not sure how much interest he would have in El Dorado, I think his criminal genius should coincide with our Pirate's adventures in the future.
Eh, I forgot to add Rajah to my world list... I think maybe a "Captain Nemo" (Jules Verne, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea) type of villain would fit in this game.