Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is your least favorite character to fight?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
While sitting around, waiting for a story line update. I was thinking about what characters in the game that I dread fighting in combat. I thought it would be interesting to see what characters other people disliked fighting and why.

The two a really hate fighting are:
- flying turtles in Mooshu because they are so slow

Why does it take so long for them to breath

- Satyrs in Achaea because they are so stinking hard.

Who knew rainbows could hurt so much

Look forward to seeing which characters you try to avoid until you absolutely have to!

65 Swashbuckler -
65 Buccaneer -
63 Witchdoctor -
55 Privateer -
50 Musketeer -

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
sky snakes in cool ranch idk why

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Hydra; not only for it's annoying glitch, but its slow, heads pop up, your companions comment and then each head gets an attack and then if you've used summons, they get their attack. For a one battle dungeon, it sure eats up the time!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Moo Manchu in his Tower. I've drunk that elixir before, and whenever I get close to him, he takes control of me! His end-of-turn moves are annoying as well.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Ettins and manticores -- oh, yes, and Orthrus types like Diskylos. All that Relentless and Follow-through!

I learned to deal with the Satyrs pretty quickly (thanks to my friend, Kestrel!) and didn't find them anywhere near as much of an issue as getting squashed flat in basically one turn by repeated critical blows. On all my pirates since, I've added as much Dodgy to my companions as possible. My theory is to NOT get hit that first time. :)

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
warriorscreed on Apr 13, 2015 wrote:
Moo Manchu in his Tower. I've drunk that elixir before, and whenever I get close to him, he takes control of me! His end-of-turn moves are annoying as well.
Just unequip the badge before you fight him.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
The Clay statues in Mooshoo, especially the version found in Moo Manchu's tower. They lead with a nasty hard critical hit, then smack you with bladestorm, and eventually when you kill one, he blows up. I have seen them take down a companion in the first turn of combat - something I don't see very often.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Voodoo Cornelius on Apr 13, 2015 wrote:
Un-equipping the badge will not help, having drunk his elixir, Moo now owns a piece of your soul!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Voodoo Cornelius on Apr 13, 2015 wrote:
It has been proven that it doesn't work, and Ratbeard said so as well. If you even drank the potion, you'll still be in trouble, even without the badge on.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
There is a lot of them that i hate fighting... Hydra, Harpies, the squid in Aquila, sky gar (marleybone only), and there is others but i can go on for a while.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Well dag nab it, I'd have to say that my least favorite characters/enemies to fight are those-- and brace yourselves for this, for it may come as a surprise to you-- those...those....................TROGGIES!!!

With those big ol' bugged out eyes, playful fly-snatchin' grins and "too-long-for-the-mouth" tongues...well, they just remind me too much of a cute little puppy dog, just beggin' for a treat-- and who in their right mind would want to hurt a thing like that! And not to mention the adorable, troggy-froggy sounds that they make upon croakin'. (Yeah, I always had a tough time playing Frogger too.)

Life in the Spiral is already tough enough for a pirate, but having to take down an enemy that you'd much rather squeeze the cheeks of....now that's one tough fly to swallow-- RIB <gulp> BIT! So sorry, Kermit!

*** And HELLO there everyone, sorry for my recent absence from the boards. Life in the big ol' frog pond and back at the pad with the tadpoles, has sure been hoppin' lately. But rest assured, I sure have missed you guys and gals immensely!!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 14, 2015 wrote:
Well dag nab it, I'd have to say that my least favorite characters/enemies to fight are those-- and brace yourselves for this, for it may come as a surprise to you-- those...those....................TROGGIES!!!

With those big ol' bugged out eyes, playful fly-snatchin' grins and "too-long-for-the-mouth" tongues...well, they just remind me too much of a cute little puppy dog, just beggin' for a treat-- and who in their right mind would want to hurt a thing like that! And not to mention the adorable, troggy-froggy sounds that they make upon croakin'. (Yeah, I always had a tough time playing Frogger too.)

Life in the Spiral is already tough enough for a pirate, but having to take down an enemy that you'd much rather squeeze the cheeks of....now that's one tough fly to swallow-- RIB <gulp> BIT! So sorry, Kermit!

*** And HELLO there everyone, sorry for my recent absence from the boards. Life in the big ol' frog pond and back at the pad with the tadpoles, has sure been hoppin' lately. But rest assured, I sure have missed you guys and gals immensely!!!
You're back! And with such a silly post, yay! I grinned right through it!

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
There is quite alot but here the five characters, that is quite difficult for me to defeat.

1.The Nafarious 5- One duel to reckon with.

2.Eagle Shade-They just heal when they are about to be defeated.This take alot of persistence and bravery to defeat these shadow ghost.

3.Harpies-Early on in that world, these are another creature that pushes the limits of my character. It takes a lot of determination to fight these creatures.

4.Manticore- These creatures have annoyed me many times, espically the ones near the Minotaur Maze. It was one intense battle, nearly got defeated. These creatures dodge and super hit, like there is no tomorrow.

5.Clockwork dragoons- What can I say, it's a nightmare to defeat these with long ranged attacks.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 14, 2015 wrote:

Valkoor! So happy to see you again! Thank you for the giggle, as always.

Hmm, my least favorite enemies would have to be either Armada Dragoons or Manticores. They hit hard and are relentless in their attacks!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Apr 14, 2015 wrote:
You're back! And with such a silly post, yay! I grinned right through it!
Great to "see you" again Esperanza.

Yeah, it wouldn't quite be me or seem fitting without a little goof thrown in (ok, a lot). I'm kind of, sort of back. I'll try to sneak in some posts, replies and helloes here and there, but definitely not as often as I'd like. Baseball coaching has started back up, twins are running rampant, carpentry work is back in high demand. And I'm passionately pursuing furthering my edumacation and possibly even working to fulfill a dream of mine to write a book! Don't worry though, nothing of the extremely intellectual kind...I'll stick to my comfort zone and goofy writing ways, trying to get a few chuckles-- heck I might even include some words and dare I say...even sentences!

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
Stingtails were my least favorite to fight. I died almost every time and the only reason I won was because a friend teleported to me.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
MistyDragon13 on Apr 14, 2015 wrote:
Valkoor! So happy to see you again! Thank you for the giggle, as always.

Hmm, my least favorite enemies would have to be either Armada Dragoons or Manticores. They hit hard and are relentless in their attacks!
Hiya Misty!

It's great to 'see you' again, as well! I've sure missed our "makes no sense, every which direction, no rhyme or reason" conversations in the Spiral. Glad to give you a giggle.

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
Those terrible Terracotta warriors in Moo's tower; they sure pack quite the punch! The explosions and the attacks they use at the beginning of the fight are devastating

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Hmmm, truth be told this be a hard one to answer, I'll have to ponder this fer a brief moment.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Ensign
May 31, 2014
Every. Redcoat. Ever I hate musketeer enemies. -Wolf

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
my archenemy always and forever will be The Hydra.

Lieutenant
Feb 08, 2014
I absoleutely hate fighting the armada dragoons.They are so flipping hard!!!!!!!

Ensign
Nov 25, 2010
I dislike fighting the Kurghas in Marleybone. They get so many criticals on me! In one fight, they managed to defeat one of my companions on the first turn. Talk about unlucky

Petty Officer
Feb 29, 2012
4. Harpies (They Vengeance Strike too much, lots of health)
3. Vulture Pirates (Swashbucklers, moderate health, yikes!)
2. Rooke and his Dragoons (Rookochet. Had to use Wing Chun and Gracie to defeat him. And dragoons can deal a lot of damage with those bombs, plus... True Grit. NOOOOO!)
1. Manticores (Relentless. Riposte. Like an El Toro.)
Noble John Parker-Level 65

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
considering the armada gives me food i cant say them, (long live kane!) but i will say some i don't mind and some i do mind
don't mind
1 hydra, its pretty easy without bugs
2 ophidians (except flame dancers)
3 i forgot his name but he is the last suitor you have to fight at the end of the game, its a quick one person kill
4 friar sand again another fast kill
5 water guardian (still need that bloody charm from you!)

i do mind
1 harpies
2 the buccaneer vultures
3 the ophidian flame dancers, not a buccaneers best friend
4 blood bats, they just move so slow and plus i always get stuck with cleaning up the deck after the fight, trust me its not pretty
5 blood, only because he refuses to give me his jacket. plus i always have to get up in his face. and he needs a breath mint...bad

although my number 1 most hated enemy is...the brass monkey! I don't know why but we just cant seem to get along, must be trust issues.