Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

When do you guys think we'll get our first major content update?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 23, 2020
It's been a decent amount of time since the Gamigo acquisition, and while it has given us a small update with a new boss and some bug fixes, I feel like we're still pretty far away from a full on-story update with all the fanfare from a glorious return to regular updates.(as a side note, has it really been 9 years since this game launched? Man, time really does fly when you're having fun.)

My personal prediction is we're not getting anything else until December at the earliest, but I'm curious to see other people's opinions on the matter.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
My thoughts are that the first update will be a continuation of that Sinbad quest we got in June. I'm not sure what exactly it's leaning towards (New World? Maybe. A huge series of dungeons akin to Wizard101's Darkmoor? Also maybe. Something else entirely? That's also possible.), but if it's this year I would expect to see something around late September to October. That's the timeframe that got us new updates in the past, so maybe that's how it'll work this time.

It could also be possible that that teaser we saw in June is a new time they're trying out to bring updates at us. In that case, I'd expect it at around that time next year.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
I honestly think, based on the track record of "plotting our course" for years on end, and the time it takes to write and create new worlds and content, we won't see any MAJOR update until possibly fall of 2022.

It would be great if such an update included some other activity we could master without having max level pirates farm for stitching gear, such as crafting or fishing.

Petty Officer
Mar 03, 2020
(if) there's any sort of actual content update, I wouldn't expect much until fall/winter of 2022
realistically i still have doubts and wouldn't be surprised if nothing is delivered.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Bakugan2556 on Aug 18, 2021 wrote:
It's been a decent amount of time since the Gamigo acquisition, and while it has given us a small update with a new boss and some bug fixes, I feel like we're still pretty far away from a full on-story update with all the fanfare from a glorious return to regular updates.(as a side note, has it really been 9 years since this game launched? Man, time really does fly when you're having fun.)

My personal prediction is we're not getting anything else until December at the earliest, but I'm curious to see other people's opinions on the matter.
I believe that you're being optimistic on a new story line update, I feel we shouldn't expect that until spring next year (at the earliest).
We may get a continuance of the Sinbad story, plus more bug fixes in October.

Ensign
Nov 08, 2015
I don't think we'll get a continuation of the Sinbad story until either December or early 2022. KI had to use a subset of the Wizard team to release the update back in June, and right now they're focused on creating Lemuria in time for its November release.

As for a major content update (like a new world), I'm not expecting anything until second half of 2022. KI has to hire an entire team just to work on Pirate101, and per their LinkedIn and jobs page on their website, they're not doing that right now. I did see that Gamigo and MGI are hiring for a bunch of developer positions for MMOs, but many of the job positions didn't actually list what MMO the position was for, so I have no idea if they're for Pirate101. Maybe, maybe not.

Another thing: I was watching MGI's press conference, and they said they're encouraged by the organic growth they're seeing in Pirate101. They also said they plan on growing both the game and its playerbase in the near future, so maybe a new world is coming sooner than we think. Perhaps MGI is focusing on creating a development team for Pirate101, while KI is currently working on creating the Lemuria fall update. I have no idea lol, I'm just speculating.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
BrahmShadow on Aug 28, 2021 wrote:
I don't think we'll get a continuation of the Sinbad story until either December or early 2022. KI had to use a subset of the Wizard team to release the update back in June, and right now they're focused on creating Lemuria in time for its November release.

As for a major content update (like a new world), I'm not expecting anything until second half of 2022. KI has to hire an entire team just to work on Pirate101, and per their LinkedIn and jobs page on their website, they're not doing that right now. I did see that Gamigo and MGI are hiring for a bunch of developer positions for MMOs, but many of the job positions didn't actually list what MMO the position was for, so I have no idea if they're for Pirate101. Maybe, maybe not.

Another thing: I was watching MGI's press conference, and they said they're encouraged by the organic growth they're seeing in Pirate101. They also said they plan on growing both the game and its playerbase in the near future, so maybe a new world is coming sooner than we think. Perhaps MGI is focusing on creating a development team for Pirate101, while KI is currently working on creating the Lemuria fall update. I have no idea lol, I'm just speculating.
When was this press meeting you're talking about?

I'm just curious to see how long it's been between then and now.