Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your LEAST favorite companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 02, 2013
Romba. He almost never criticals, the damage output is terrible, and he sounds a bit annoying.

Tyson, also, I suppose deserves a special mention too, because although I do like him a lot, he doesn't seem to perform that good in battles for me. He has the essentials, like Relentless and Bladestorm, although there's something that just is holding him back from actually connecting with the punch and comboing. It's probably just me though.

I would say Nurse Quinn as well, but then, everyone probably already knows that.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Shiny Shinx on Jan 28, 2016 wrote:
Romba. He almost never criticals, the damage output is terrible, and he sounds a bit annoying.

Tyson, also, I suppose deserves a special mention too, because although I do like him a lot, he doesn't seem to perform that good in battles for me. He has the essentials, like Relentless and Bladestorm, although there's something that just is holding him back from actually connecting with the punch and comboing. It's probably just me though.

I would say Nurse Quinn as well, but then, everyone probably already knows that.
Yeah, I seriously agree. When Romba attacks he sounds like.... Actually, Let's not go there.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Fluzzard2 on Mar 24, 2015 wrote:
Hey while you are right that he is Old Fizzle, a
Great way to boost his summon, is to upgrade his spooky talent, I know that this is more than you wanted to know, but yah
Me and my brother used all his buffs and then summoned his minions, Mine was 197 but his was 207

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
darkmoordude on Dec 7, 2015 wrote:
Sarah Steele, Nurse quinn. And Vinny.
Nah, Now my least favorite are Crab hermit, Nurse quinn, Tricky Vinny and...Eww.. May I DARE speak his name? R-Ro-Romba

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
darkmoordude on Feb 2, 2016 wrote:
Nah, Now my least favorite are Crab hermit, Nurse quinn, Tricky Vinny and...Eww.. May I DARE speak his name? R-Ro-Romba
Roomba is better than nanu nanu or the crazy monquistador in my opinion though

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Feb 4, 2016 wrote:
Roomba is better than nanu nanu or the crazy monquistador in my opinion though
I actually prefer Nanu Nanu over both. But yeah, Romba is better than the crazy monkey. The crazy monkey doesn't even have any criticals!

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
I've never actually seen the yakooza companion in action.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
darkmoordude on Feb 9, 2016 wrote:
I've never actually seen the yakooza companion in action.
Same as a matter of fact I only knew he existed after 3 years of playing this game when I was looking at all of the companions swashbucklers obtain to see what companion he would get next

Ensign
Nov 07, 2010
I am going to say Nurse Chicken because she always misses and my brother and I always had battles between them to see whos was better!

Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
My least favorite companion isn't bonnie isn't subodai it isn't even crab hermit or nurse Quinn its FIN he is way overpriced and I don't even think he has a crit strike or anything like that

wicked griffin yellowfish lvl 65

Ensign
Dec 12, 2012
My least favorite companion is Bonnie Anne. I leveled her up to level 63 with burst fire 3 and she has not been getting any burst fires or anything good.

Ensign
Jul 30, 2015
I am a level 60 and just got to Aquila. I have already noticed all the companions I dislike and like.

LIKED COMPANIONS

Bonnie Anne- (Burst Fire 2, Double Tap 3) She hits so well with these epics and allows her to critical in between.

El Toro- (Riposte 3, Relentless 2) Critical triggers many times during battle.
Fan Flanders- (Riposte 3, Relentless 2) Critical is not rare for her and gives off a good boost since s do not learn agility boosts from Lafitte.

DISLIKED COMPANIONS

Chicken Nurse- (Not even going to mention her horrid stats)She dies a ton of times, when we had her as an ally in Cool Ranch, she died first round she came.

Old Scratch- (Improved Blast 2, Mojo Echo, Cowards Bane) Fizzles so many times it is crazy. Literally he is just good for my poisons.

CatBeard- (Riposte 3, Relentless 2) This cat is a shame to all s As privateers have tons of health (Which I gave him full Tough) he dies so many times I can't even count it. He is a level 61 cat and criticals very weak. (I know s have the least damage) But oddly my Lucky Jack Russel hits way more in his criticals. And I got walk in shadows when I stopped using Jack. As it was used on CatBeard his damage just didn't work.

Dead-Eye Flint
Level 60

Ensign
Mar 05, 2016
akutaba10 on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
My least favorite is Gaspard De Vole.
One, the translation of his name is Gaspard Of Rat.
Two, he is weak and dies too much.
Three, he doesn't critical much.

My second least favorite is Louis Le Bisque
One, he doesn't hit for good damage, usually like 29 for me
Two, he spawns too much
Three, he makes a weird noise when he hits

~Talon Everhart, The Sniper~

-Too cool for you-

that's true louis le bisque really makes a weird sound and I really don't like it when we goes rapid fire and opens his mouth and makes a weird noise and he also does bad damage I saw this guy whose louis le bisque is level 20 but he does like 30 damage.
Anyway see me in the skyways I am reliable billy yellowfish level 28 I am mostly in monquista and cool ranch

Ensign
Feb 27, 2013
ZoeyDawn999 on Nov 19, 2012 wrote:
I'm going with either Nurse Quinn, The Crab Hermit from Valencia, or the Monquistian companions. They always die on me and really do not help out in battle for me. They look cool, but just not the companions I want. I wish there was a way to get rid of companions (and maybe get some gold from selling), but you know, the game is still new, so it'll have updates come later on.
When I first got these companions, I would have said they are my favorites, but now that I'm in Cool Ranch, The Crab Hermit and my Monquistan soldier do absolutely nothing. I never even got Nurse Quinn... so... I'm actually kind of glad. I probably would have wasted a lot of training points on her. It would be nice to sell them.
Hopeful Alyssa Abbot, Lvl 26 Swashbuckler

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
GizmoTheAwesome on Apr 16, 2016 wrote:
When I first got these companions, I would have said they are my favorites, but now that I'm in Cool Ranch, The Crab Hermit and my Monquistan soldier do absolutely nothing. I never even got Nurse Quinn... so... I'm actually kind of glad. I probably would have wasted a lot of training points on her. It would be nice to sell them.
Hopeful Alyssa Abbot, Lvl 26 Swashbuckler
I would recruit her, she is good at first and when she starts falling behind she can do tasks which will help you

Lieutenant
Sep 14, 2015
JollyChampion on Mar 22, 2016 wrote:
I am a level 60 and just got to Aquila. I have already noticed all the companions I dislike and like.

LIKED COMPANIONS

Bonnie Anne- (Burst Fire 2, Double Tap 3) She hits so well with these epics and allows her to critical in between.

El Toro- (Riposte 3, Relentless 2) Critical triggers many times during battle.
Fan Flanders- (Riposte 3, Relentless 2) Critical is not rare for her and gives off a good boost since s do not learn agility boosts from Lafitte.

DISLIKED COMPANIONS

Chicken Nurse- (Not even going to mention her horrid stats)She dies a ton of times, when we had her as an ally in Cool Ranch, she died first round she came.

Old Scratch- (Improved Blast 2, Mojo Echo, Cowards Bane) Fizzles so many times it is crazy. Literally he is just good for my poisons.

CatBeard- (Riposte 3, Relentless 2) This cat is a shame to all s As privateers have tons of health (Which I gave him full Tough) he dies so many times I can't even count it. He is a level 61 cat and criticals very weak. (I know s have the least damage) But oddly my Lucky Jack Russel hits way more in his criticals. And I got walk in shadows when I stopped using Jack. As it was used on CatBeard his damage just didn't work.

Dead-Eye Flint
Level 60

Welcome to the message boards, JollyChampion! I agree with both your likes and dislikes... but what about Sarah Steele? She's my favorite companion and really useful for epic battles. I agree that Fan and El Toro are just as good, but I recommend using her

Ensign
Jul 30, 2015
Captain Blaze Hunt... on Apr 18, 2016 wrote:
Welcome to the message boards, JollyChampion! I agree with both your likes and dislikes... but what about Sarah Steele? She's my favorite companion and really useful for epic battles. I agree that Fan and El Toro are just as good, but I recommend using her
Well. Me and Sarah had some good experiences with battle. Before her promotions. When I used her "Stealth" abilities, she would always just repel whoever comes by. Using her in battle is very difficult because I have to put her in the back behind my companions without repel boarders. Not only that, she could use the relentless epic more. I mean, if she is going to repel, might as well make a chain to equal the amount you could've done with a 2x damage epic, mega, or super. Might you explain to me how she is useful to you?

Dead-Eye Flint
Level 65

Ensign
Mar 05, 2016
For me, it has to be monkey king. As a lvl 55, I saw my privateer friend constantly using his heals on him but he keeps dying. Also, I think masamoone goto in mooshu is pretty bad too. Both die in a couple of hits. Masamoone goto is level 51, but he's at the bottom of my list. He's even worse than the samoorai fighters themselves! I am not impressed.

Ensign
Mar 05, 2016
rubyman356 on Feb 6, 2013 wrote:
i'm a level 15 musketeer and honestly Wing Chun is the worst. even though his dodge and accuracy are high his damage is extremely low, even though he is level 10.

(in case you don't know who he is Wing Chun is the companion you break out of prison at the start of the game)
Not everyone gets wing chun. My other pirate has egg shen that broke out of prison. It just depends. So, I recommend just making another pirate and getting a different companion.

Ensign
Mar 05, 2016
Let me give you a tip:
IF you are buying enemy companions(such as froggo villa and fin ) from the crown shop, think:
If you can beat them easily, so will your enemies.

Ensign
Jan 14, 2015
I would have to agree with Nurse Quinn, Romba, Crab hermit, crazy monquistador and weasel gambler (who really sucks) But, what I consider the worst is the Yule Trogg, who only has Vengence strike, jump and turn the tide and NO additional epics

Petty Officer
Oct 13, 2012
The ninja pig from the promo map thing. He's super weak

Ensign
May 21, 2015
mine would have to be gaspard de vole or old scratch.

gaspard never criticals and he is pretty weak. even if you try to build him up the best you can, he sucks.

and old scratch. the storyline wouldn't be the same without him due to his spiritual gifts, but in battle he fizzles a LOT and really can't do much.

third one just for fun is nurse quinn. seriously, if youre a buccaneer like i am, she is useless. all she can do is heal and give a mesely hit with her bag. meanwhile, i have loads of heals stashed in my powers and obviously can hit harder.

their designs, though, are so cool. i would have loved to be on the design team or concept team. all the companions are so unique looking and would have been fun to develop <3

Ensign
Mar 24, 2012
trelian5 on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
Batacuda is my favorite companion! obviously you dont give him enough points cause i have him at lvl 23 and he is really strong. as for my least favorite, ratbeard ratbeard ratbeard! i hate him cause mormo hates him and i like mormo.
Bring it on. I love Ratbeard. He criticals so much I laugh at and feel pity for my opponents. So, for the record I have a witchdoctor as well and Mormo has to be the worst companion when it comes to accuracy, and without that a companion is practically useless. So meet me at the Gallo Loco Cantina in Santo Pollo. We will battle to the death at my house.

Ensign
Aug 13, 2014
laulenak on Nov 19, 2012 wrote:
I acually LOVE nurse quinn, she is one of my favorite companions. I do have to agree on the Valencian hermit crab, though, because his range glitch is just awful...
I totally agree with Nurse Quinn. Even though I don't have her in my crew( shes in the crown shop) i think she is very useful in many ways! She can heal you which is very useful also her attacks are very powerful if you level her up a lot. I know that i don't have her but my brother has her and she is really good!

yar if you agree with me!