Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who, like me, wants pirate101 to be its own game

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 14, 2011
I like the small easter eggs like fortune tellers using wizard cards or the scientist in cool ranch sending lighting to the guys in wizard city, because it makes sense. But who here kinda wants pirate101 to be it's own game? This is just my opinion, not hating on any ideas.

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this, could you elaborate?

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
It is its own game. Easter eggs are just references to thinks just to entertain or surprise the audience, it doesn't mean that Kingsisle is trying to say that Wizard is here to, please try it, leave Pirate. And if you could, if I'm missing the point, elaborate on what you mean by Pirate nor being its own game.

Catherine Reade- Lvl 65
Erica Reade- Lvl 58

Ensign
Jan 14, 2011
Like I am ok with with wizard101 worlds. But I don't want to visit wizard city as a pirate (I know it would be kinda cool though) and I don't like the idea of something ind wizard having a HUGE impact on the pirate storyline. Like the mooshu deal, all happened because of malistare. I want it to be it's own thing.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The world Pirate101 inhabits is the Spiral, as such, there will always be references to Wizard101. BTW there are a few references to pirates in Wizard101, I haven't met them all as these references are in the higher level worlds. But one I remember was in Zafaria where a character wishes that he could sail a flying ship.
If KI were to make a stand alone game they would have to create a new world. And why should they when they have a ready made world with a history and cultures familiar to most of their players?

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
The world Pirate101 inhabits is the Spiral, as such, there will always be references to Wizard101. BTW there are a few references to pirates in Wizard101, I haven't met them all as these references are in the higher level worlds. But one I remember was in Zafaria where a character wishes that he could sail a flying ship.
If KI were to make a stand alone game they would have to create a new world. And why should they when they have a ready made world with a history and cultures familiar to most of their players?
Wait until you get to the Saltmeadow Swamp. It's...bananas.

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
zleepokemon on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
Like I am ok with with wizard101 worlds. But I don't want to visit wizard city as a pirate (I know it would be kinda cool though) and I don't like the idea of something ind wizard having a HUGE impact on the pirate storyline. Like the mooshu deal, all happened because of malistare. I want it to be it's own thing.
Ah! Personally, I prefer the opposite and would probably sell my soul for a full on crossover between pirate101 and wizard101. Though, it is interesting to hear other opinions.

Ensign
Jan 14, 2011
I just heard about the 5 B.O.X.E.S event and I don't really like it. The idea that the ENTIRE game could be influenced by wizard just isn't something I like for some reason.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
zleepokemon on Sep 7, 2015 wrote:
I just heard about the 5 B.O.X.E.S event and I don't really like it. The idea that the ENTIRE game could be influenced by wizard just isn't something I like for some reason.
The same could be said if Pirates don't do their part in defeating the Armada, after being helped by Wizards. In our timeline, we haven't witnessed what an unchecked Armada does to Ravenwood or the Council of Light, yet. Saving the Spiral is a shared effort between Pirates and Wizards.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
anecorbie on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
The reference you are pertaining to is actually in Azteca. It is Ponce de Gibbon of Saltmeadow swamp. Your wizard tries to help him get his ship back up in the air, when he turns on you later.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
For a small company like Kingsisle, placing both games in the same universe saves time and money. Elements can be re-used, and graphics, characters, plotlines being familiar actually do draw more players to try the other game.

Personally, I enjoy both games, so any overlap is a plus for me.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
zleepokemon on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
Well, considering the timelines of Pirate101 and Wizard101 are VERY close, it's possibly kind of hard not to use Wizard101 areas in Pirate101. Also, I think they said one time that we won't be visiting Wizard City, but please feel free to correct me if I am wrong. Just feel lucky that Pirate101 isn't Wizard102.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
zleepokemon on Sep 7, 2015 wrote:
I can understand where you're coming from. I feel that whenever they release something that should be in Wizards into Pirates; a good example would be that glowing tiger mount that was released a couple months ago. It gets on my nerves for some reason to see everybody with glowing tiger mounts and looking more like wizards than pirates.

The story-line references are interesting to me. I have no problem with stuff like that, since in this time period of destruction from the Armada, the war in Wizard city is going on. Being in the same Spiral as the Wizards, we would cross paths a few times, just as long as we don't "break the system" by defeating Malistar and not leaving that war to the Wizards; the same goes for Wizards not defeating Kane, leaving that war to us. As long as we're not defeating each other's enemies, then I'm fine

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
How about we make pirates 101 its own game and PVP a seperate game as well