Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

worst enemy's

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Feb 06, 2018
what is your worst enemy (please do not the armada ) my one is the chicken thugs

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Oho, when I was doing Aquila, the Stymphalian birds gave me the time of my life!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Stymphalian birds are pretty mean, and manticores can be hard, but the Duomo Guards in Florenza are awful to solo.

Petty Officer
Jan 26, 2019
I think the enemies for me got more annoying and difficult starting in Aquila. Like what some people have already said, the Stymphalian birds were a nuisance, especially when you had to fight 16 in order to get 4 incense. Harpies were obnoxious, especially how often they were able to critical on my privateer. The sillento fish in Valencia pt. 2 were terrible; it was rare when I went a fight without having one of my companions die. The Duomo guards were relatively easy on me when I did it on my swashbuckler, only had two companions die during the entire dungeon. But my least favorite enemy has to be the satyrs. Little devils they were...

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
Willowydream on Nov 13, 2019 wrote:
Stymphalian birds are pretty mean, and manticores can be hard, but the Duomo Guards in Florenza are awful to solo.

Oh yes! They were terrifying!

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Harpies.

Crit too much, aren't fun to fight, spawn right next to you sometimes so I'm not always able to get a good strategy, and have the most annoying noises in the history of gaming.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ensign
Apr 08, 2017
Harpies, satyrs, sillento fish, manticores, ophidian warriors, vultures, stymphalian birds, and the duomo guards.

Ensign
Oct 13, 2019
Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
destinyxarrives on Nov 23, 2019 wrote:
Is the hydra fight still bugged?

Wicked Aaron Brewster
Probably not. Did it three times a while ago and no issues.

Ensign
Oct 22, 2011
From my memory, the worst ones were the following in no particular order:

Manticores: Relentless triggers way too often, enough said.

Valencia II enemies with Assassin's strike: Assassin's strike for a NORMAL enemy? The crits were RIDICULOUS. Challenge is good, but THAT is just BULL! Back Stab would've been fine, but Assassin's Strike? Really?

I'd file a chunk of Valencia II's enemies here. They have insanely powerful crits and some of them having powers made this pretty annoying.

Debatably bad (I didn't have as much trouble as some of you did with these):

Satyrs: They have Improved Mojo Blast 2, so the easiest way to deal with that is to spread out a little by making sure that NO ONE is standing right next to ANYONE. Other than that, these guys aren't so tough.

Stymphalian birds: My experience with them varied from pirate to pirate. Some did well, some didn't. I'd get rid of the "ravenous" ones first, since they have Relentless.

Harpies: As long as you avoid using melee (and/or raise your defenses if you MUST use melee), you should be fine, just mind the occasional critical.

In all honesty, most Aquilan enemies I'd file under "debatably bad" from my experience.

This, however, is part of the fun of Pirate101; the combat is NOT predictable! You could fight the same enemies and wreck them one time or get your rear handed to you the next! It all takes practice and strategy, it can be done. :)

Petty Officer
Oct 31, 2012
Bosun
Aug 10, 2011
The first time I fought colossus's was fun ( I died several times, this was the first time I hit a main block in the road for my privateer character).

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
anything with an assassin though that's mainly because i'm still confident they're doing way too much than they actually should