Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hawkules don't you want your belt back?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
In the dungeon where you first meet Hawkules I have noticed in some battles Hawkules doesn't fight. (First fight and against Bronze Talos) This seems weird considering the Hawkules want's his belt so shouldn't he be helping? (especially against Bronze Talos)

Lieutenant
Jan 19, 2014
I'm pretty sure he was too busy pumping up his own ego.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Rachel Dreamsong on Apr 3, 2014 wrote:
In the dungeon where you first meet Hawkules I have noticed in some battles Hawkules doesn't fight. (First fight and against Bronze Talos) This seems weird considering the Hawkules want's his belt so shouldn't he be helping? (especially against Bronze Talos)
I agree Rachel, I noticed this too and thought that it was particularly interesting that he would 'take a break' for a couple fights considering his longing for that belt of his. At first I thought that it was a one time strange occurrence but after farming Talos a couple times (uuugghh), it happened during every replay of the quest- so I guess that is the way it was designed...or perhaps Hercules isn't as son of a godly as he proclaims to be.

Also, and this may have been asked before...KI/Ratbeard/One-Eyed Jack- will we there be a boss dungeon sigil for Talos where maybe you just have to fight the Colossi outside of his dungeon (by the fountain) and then Talos...for farming purposes (after completing his quest the 1st time). That can be a brutally long dungeon and in fact is the only that I have come across that can regularly take longer than the pop-up dungeon timer warning indicates. We have to fight up to 3 battles to defeat the 8 Colossi initially, then I have fought as many as 6 battles just to get those 8 gems or stones from the Colossi (once started with 2 battles of 5 Colossi each, only to come away with 1 stone total from both fights), then you have the battle directly outside of Talos' lair and the Talos fight itself.

It roughly takes around 12 minutes on average (at least for me) per battle in Aquila and at up to 11 battles, that can be almost 2 1/4 hours (and has been for me at times) per farming attempt. The dungeon warning prompt also says that it will take roughly 1 1/2 hours and in my experiences it is almost always over that time by a decent amount- and as stated, has been the only dungeon I have found to actually come close to the warning time, much less go significantly over at times. Usually a 1 hour dungeon only takes me 30 minutes, which is great- a 2 for 1 discount. I know that for many of us, with work/school/families/events/our kid's activities and more, it can be rather difficult finding a 2+ hour chunk of time to devote to one farming event. But, I know that it is a choice and I can just choose to avoid this...but I like to try to collect the unique gear and weapons dropped by bosses, it's a disease and I haven't found the cure.

I am not trying to complain at all, because I will continue to farm when him when time permits- but is there perhaps any chance that in the future we will see any player/time friendly adjustments to the Talos dungeon? (only after we do the quest and are farming him)

Thanks in advance for answering and sharing any info and input in regard to this.