Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Has Decius gone MIA?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
Dear Decius,

You must be very busy training all of those new recruits that have shown up due to the vast new worlds. Could you possibly find some time time throw us a bone here in the lonely morphing tent? It has been very empty with little new creatures running a muck lately. I know the holiday pets will be arriving soon, but a nice shiny new play toy would be awesome about right now.

I am sure the new pets would love to come out and play, they do need a life outside of the confines of the training arena

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
Yes Yes more hints please / please / pretty please

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
My last hint apparently was not seen by enough people.
So lets try another one.
One parent skitters and the other crawls.

As for what I have been up to? Lets just say things are going to get interesting at the morphing tent soon.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Decius Duelmaster on Nov 18, 2014 wrote:
So lets try another one.

As for what I have been up to? Lets just say things are going to get interesting at the morphing tent soon.
Dang and I didn't think the teasers could get any better. Well played Decius

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
Thank you for coming out to say hello I know you have been very busy! I cant wait to see what you have in store for all of the morphing rangers We are ready!

One skitters and one crawls, hmm, I will do some "noggin scratchin" on this one :P

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
gotta be my crab monster

coconut crawlie + and ? Deathstalker?

~Clumsy Calamity (aka Calamity PixieShade)

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
So lets try another one.

As for the crawling part, I am thinking Crokagator. Skitters? That one is certainly interesting.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
So lets try another one.

I KNOW WHAT SKITTERS NOW!!! After leaving the computer for literally 5 seconds, it hit me! The ICE SCARAB!! I am not confident of my crawling guess of the Crokagator, so does anyone else have any other guesses?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Scittering - a spider?
Crawling - a crab crawly?
Verrrry interesting!

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
So lets try another one.

Ok, you sly little bird

Those clues, those clues. Very cunning you are. I've been in my game Huddle Mode with my close Morphing rangers thanks to this clue.

So the Crawling creature seems to be pretty straight forward you would think, but the Skitters, hmm.

Skitters by definition means : Move lightly and quickly or hurriedly. (According to WiKi)

But according to Merriam Webster: to glide or skip lightly or quickly.

I know we have all tried a few things, and come up with nothing so far. Not for the lack of trying, but for the lack of gold

I guess I will be chest hunting, or maybe facing off with Moo once again very soon.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
I just had a radical idea! THE CLOCKAGATOR!! Maybe this is the hybrid! Combine a Clockwork Spider (Skittering) and a Crockagator (Crawling)!!

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Any updates? I have spent some time listening in the morphing tent and I heard some people talking about the possible parentage of this hybrid. They even got it correct, but I don't think they gave it enough tries.

Keep looking!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Decius Duelmaster on Nov 24, 2014 wrote:
Any updates? I have spent some time listening in the morphing tent and I heard some people talking about the possible parentage of this hybrid. They even got it correct, but I don't think they gave it enough tries.

Keep looking!
So we got the combo correct, hmm. Which combo? Of course that would be too easy. I guess I'll need to go back to standing in my corner of the Morphing Tent and thinking about skittering and crawling pets...

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Keep looking!
Decius I have discussed this thoroughly with myself and I, me & self have come to the agreement that you should just get my email from support and go ahead and send that pairing my way......along with any other undiscovered hybrids. Now fly eagle fly!

No rush, but now I'm off to check my emails and then head off to the ol' tent.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Nov 24, 2014 wrote:
Decius I have discussed this thoroughly with myself and I, me & self have come to the agreement that you should just get my email from support and go ahead and send that pairing my way......along with any other undiscovered hybrids. Now fly eagle fly!

No rush, but now I'm off to check my emails and then head off to the ol' tent.
LOL Good luck with that.

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011

Keep looking!
Hmm, and just which conversation were you listening to? Please be specific, actually quoting word for word would be awesome

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
Ok we have skitter and crawl as clue / and we had a clue about red and orange / if they are for the same hybrid ??? could the color of the EGG be part of what we need to look at

Commodore
May 31, 2009
Wicked Savannah on Nov 25, 2014 wrote:
Hmm, and just which conversation were you listening to? Please be specific, actually quoting word for word would be awesome
I was there on Friday discussing the hybrid with Calamity (PixieShade) and some other pet morphers...perhaps it was then?

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Something red that skitters makes me think of Crimson Crawlie and something red that crawls makes me think of Armadillo Verde. Also, the Crimson Crawlie's egg has red colouring and the Armadillo Verde's egg has orange colouring.... hmmm.

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
Been in the tent a lot as well / and have heard a LOT of combination ideas / so the which one is a Big big ??

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Noble Tyler Strong on Nov 27, 2014 wrote:
Something red that skitters makes me think of Crimson Crawlie and something red that crawls makes me think of Armadillo Verde. Also, the Crimson Crawlie's egg has red colouring and the Armadillo Verde's egg has orange colouring.... hmmm.
Heh, the Crimson Crawlie + Armadillo Verde? If that were to happen, it would be a Hot Tamale! A red Armadillo!

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011

Keep looking!
No updates yet. I must be way over thinking this one. Was in the huddle again last night sorting out the hints, and well, I am going another way on the two parents now. So we will see what happens today.

Of course you will see all the excitement surrounding the tent if and when we get lucky

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
Well have tried many combos / many times

Coral Widow ( C )and DeathStalker ( D ) Scorpion
D D D D D C C D C D / C D C C C C C C D C
Nothing new on that mix

Coral Widow ( W ) and Coconut Crawlie ( C )
W C C W C W C W W C C W
Again nothing new

Coral Widow ( C ) and Ice Scarab ( I )
I I I C C C C C C C / I I I I I C C I
Nope nothing there

Coral Widow ( C ) and Scylla Spawn ( S)
S S C C S C C S S C / C C S C C C C C S S / C S S S C C
Yet again nada

Ice Scarab ( I ) and Coconut Crawlie (C)
C C C I I I C C I C C I I I I I
Not that one

So i am open to suggestions for my next 15 to 20 tries

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
01Shadowblade on Dec 3, 2014 wrote:
Well have tried many combos / many times

Coral Widow ( C )and DeathStalker ( D ) Scorpion
D D D D D C C D C D / C D C C C C C C D C
Nothing new on that mix

Coral Widow ( W ) and Coconut Crawlie ( C )
W C C W C W C W W C C W
Again nothing new

Coral Widow ( C ) and Ice Scarab ( I )
I I I C C C C C C C / I I I I I C C I
Nope nothing there

Coral Widow ( C ) and Scylla Spawn ( S)
S S C C S C C S S C / C C S C C C C C S S / C S S S C C
Yet again nada

Ice Scarab ( I ) and Coconut Crawlie (C)
C C C I I I C C I C C I I I I I
Not that one

So i am open to suggestions for my next 15 to 20 tries
Thank you very much for your efforts and for posting your results. I have tried a few combos as well, also with no luck so far. I have attempted some of the same pairings as yours and have also tried some other possibilities.

For the skitter/crawl clue, I also went a different direction that took me away from the whole insect/crustacean pairing. Other creatures that may skitter (move lightly and quickly) can include lizards and since crawl can mean to move forward by dragging your body on the ground, I chose to try the pairing of the Dinolizard and the Crokagator. I thought that this may result in creating that Frilled Lizard in the morphing tent and Decius also gave a hint a while back saying something like, 'let's have an all reptile and amphibian sparring party' (well, something along those lines).

It seemed to fit the skitter/crawl clue and also seemed to make some sense in producing the Frilled Lizard. A frilled lizard can run on just it's rear legs just as the Dinolizard does and the Frilled lizard in the tent shares characteristics of the Dinolizard. The toes/claws and legs are very similar, the stripe-like pattern is there, and the head is fairly close (although it looks a tad bit more serpent-esque. And of course the body type resembles that of the Crokagator.

So, I have tried these combos as well.

Dinolizard + Crokagator
Dinolizard + Sky Snake
(for the serpent head, and the winged looking frills on the lizard and a serpent drags it's body for forward movement)

I would also like to try the Dinolizard with a Chameleon too and I think I have a few times a while back. And possible it's a bit of a trick and without wanting to be too obvious, Decius included fish into the whole skittering bit, since they can also move in quick and jerky motions. So maybe something like the Lion Fish with a Coconut Crawlie may be worth a try. That combo kind of goes with the No Hint Here clue with the colors matching the creatures and also fits the skitter and crawl clue, somewhat.

Who knows, I'm still scratching my head hoping to figure it out. Good luck to you and thanks again for posting your attempted pairings!

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
Well tried
Quackosaurus + Crokagator results were
C C Q C Q Q C Q Q Q / Q Q Q

so there is another that so far was not successful

I like the idea of the dino and a chamelion /ill have to try that soon