Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Moo Manchu needs a friend.

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Oh wise and noble Decius, hear my plea!

Our cunning, bovinial adversary in the Towah needs a faithful critter. How do I know this? Why just look at his frown. It's the saddened look of a cow that has spent his entire life jealous and envious of his good friend, General Tso and his chicken-- uh, just trust me on that one. No wonder he is so dang nefarious! Every cloven hoofed villain deserves the right to have a pet to cuddle up with. I'd be Frozen in my emotions and have an Infernal attitude as well.

His sad state reminds me of a poem that I may or may not have come up with (depends on how it is received).
A life without a pet is a life full of fret.
Such a long ride with no critters by your side.
Whether slimy or hairy, or producing fine dairy.
A pet is a loyal friend, that's faithful till the end.
When you have a pig, you will dance a jig.
When you have a cow, life's better somehow.
Time spent with a dog, clears all of the fog.
A friendly feline, makes the darkest night shine.
There's nothin' brightah, than a spidah beside ya.
Get a bearded dragon and your tails always waggin'.
A bird on shoulder, makes pebbles from a boulder.
You can climb any hill, accompanied by wings & a bill.
Never cease to smile, sharing moments with a reptile.
Watch a playful fish, to escape life's rubbish.
Even a pet shark, will ignite a happy spark.
Hangin' with a chameleon...what a wondrous feeleon.
Leap the highest of hurdles, when lifted by turtles.
Claw away the drab, with a cool hermit crab.
Unleash the furry & funny, with a little fuzzy bunny.
Even a pet mouse, can bring joy to a house.
When all is said and done, life with pets is more fun.
Spend a long day at work, with no escape from a jerk.
Walk in your front door, and there's worry no more.
A pet is there to greet you, unless it's a gator...it may eat you!!!
For all of life's many ills, pets will surely bring the thrills.
A bad case of the doldrums? Get some critters for ol' chums.
When feeling rather crappy, look to a pet for the happy.
One thing is for sure, a loyal pet is often the cure.

I do believe that poor ol' Moo keeps this poem on his nightstand, right next to his Lullaby Gloworm and picture of the Chick-fi-la mascot. He may be nefarious, he may be ruthless, he may be udderly mad...but even he deserves a pet to share his life with. And you're just the Eagle to help a cow out. So I was thinking, why not give Mr. Moo a pet to accompany him into battle (and to his dance classes, as well). I believe I even have the perfect pet for Moo Manchu to spend his life, love, lactose and laughter with. How about a pet Corrupt Imperial Lion that has a nefarious appetite for pirates. Something like a Foo Man-Chew for Moo Manchu.
From one animal/critter/creature/pet lover to another...I beseech you to make Moo's dreams come true-- let him experience the joy that his buddy Tso has gotten to. Surely, it's the right thing to do.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Nov 10, 2015 wrote:

Our cunning, bovinial adversary in the Towah needs a faithful critter. How do I know this? Why just look at his frown. It's the saddened look of a cow that has spent his entire life jealous and envious of his good friend, General Tso and his chicken-- uh, just trust me on that one. No wonder he is so dang nefarious! Every cloven hoofed villain deserves the right to have a pet to cuddle up with. I'd be Frozen in my emotions and have an Infernal attitude as well.

His sad state reminds me of a poem that I may or may not have come up with (depends on how it is received).

I do believe that poor ol' Moo keeps this poem on his nightstand, right next to his Lullaby Gloworm and picture of the Chick-fi-la mascot. He may be nefarious, he may be ruthless, he may be udderly mad...but even he deserves a pet to share his life with. And you're just the Eagle to help a cow out. So I was thinking, why not give Mr. Moo a pet to accompany him into battle (and to his dance classes, as well). I believe I even have the perfect pet for Moo Manchu to spend his life, love, lactose and laughter with. How about a pet Corrupt Imperial Lion that has a nefarious appetite for pirates. Something like a Foo Man-Chew for Moo Manchu.
From one animal/critter/creature/pet lover to another...I beseech you to make Moo's dreams come true-- let him experience the joy that his buddy Tso has gotten to. Surely, it's the right thing to do.
Bahaha that thread made my day :D

Excellent poem, good job :)

On the matter itself, why not?

Though a regular corrupted dog would be a downer, I'd expect it to be huge or something... and strong!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Valkoor, your brilliance knows no bounds. Thanks for the awesome giggles once more. Your writing teachers have NO clue what they are in for..............Do they?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Silver Angel on Nov 10, 2015 wrote:
Bahaha that thread made my day :D

Excellent poem, good job :)

On the matter itself, why not?

Though a regular corrupted dog would be a downer, I'd expect it to be huge or something... and strong!
Why thank you, Angel & I'm glad that you enjoyed the poem.

And you're most certainly right! A villain so vigorously vigilant in his villainous villainy, surely would deserve a pet of massive magnitude-isness!!! Clearly no ordinary Corrupted Foo would do! It must be EPIC in it's corruption, MEGA in it's imperialism & SUPER Lion-y-ish or maybe Foo-ish-- hmmm, Foo-lish may even work here!!!

Perhaps it could occupy 4 tiles, have massive health (& bad breath) & can only be damaged by actual Pirate Powers being used on it. To add to it's nefarious nature, it would require a total of 4 attacking powers, only by a pirate (no companions), to be used to defeat it. Only direct damage from a pirate power could break this poochie's spirit. No auto talents, no talent induced crit hits off of the power-- only damage from the initial power itself.

So, if a pirate is solo that pirate will have to use powers 4 times, 4 rounds in a row, just to get that doggie to play dead! A team of 4 pirates would each have to spend a power to try to tame this beast. To even add to it's diabolical demeanor, it would regenerate health if you didn't finish it off in any given round-- based on the number of pirates in the battle: with a full team of 4, the puppy would gain back 75% health if failed to finish it in 1 round; Team of 3, 50% health regenerated; 2 pirates 25% health regained; and you get a break when solo-- no regeneration, since it may take you 4 rounds to KO this K9. You would be forced to decide between taking on Moo's other 'normal minions' or try to send his Foo Man-Chew for a long walk....while using valuable attacking powers from your pirate's arsenal!

Now that would be a Mutt worthy of a Moo! (I'll have to have Old Scratch help me conjure up some powers for this powerful puppy-- hope we don't FIZZLE!)

*** Ooooh, first power just came to me. The Diabolical Derriere Drag! Animation...well, I'm sure you've seen a pooch with an itch it just can't scratch! Pirates beware!!!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
As long as it's affected by those wretched egg timer doubloons that I have no use for, it can be whatever makes Decius happy to design.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Nov 12, 2015 wrote:
As long as it's affected by those wretched egg timer doubloons that I have no use for, it can be whatever makes Decius happy to design.
But this particular pet wouldn't be hatched from an egg...it would be hatched from Moo's love! Sorry, no Egg Timer doubloon for this wicked tail-wagger.

And of course Decius would assume and be in charge of all creative freedom, implementation and design (albeit with a beady-eyed rat looking and breathing over his shoulder).

Actually, I'm just unleashing some stifled-for-a-bit-too-long, goof. Those darn writing professors are, for some reason, teaching me all wrong. Saying that 'writing should actually make sense, require great thought, follow a well-planned process and have an intellectual purpose'. Say.....WHAAAAAATTT!?!

Geeeesh....who put them in charge!? Boy do they have a lot to learn!

Captain
Sep 19, 2012

<3 this! was a wonderful poem and came at just the right time for pirates everywhere.
stormy jen silver

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
stormyjensilverdra... on Nov 12, 2015 wrote:
<3 this! was a wonderful poem and came at just the right time for pirates everywhere.
stormy jen silver
Thank you kindly, Jen!

Pets sure do always seem to sprout forth the positive...both in-game and in the real world.

I think that the P101 pet system, the morphing/hybrid aspect of it and just the pets in general are one of my favorite parts of the game. It's definitely what I have dedicated the most in-game time to. Collecting all of the pets/hybrids, boosting them up and helping others with their own pet/hybrid needs, has been quite fun and very rewarding. There's nothing like helping someone get a pet or hybrid they so very much want and also helping someone get the pedigree/traits that they are hoping for. I must say some of my most exciting and enjoyable P101 times have come after helping someone new to the game and to P101 pets, get their very first morphed-for pet/hybrid. You want to see someone truly appreciative and happy...just morph with a brand new pirate, hitting the tent for the very first time and help them get a new critter. And likewise, with seeing someone who has been trying morph attempt after morph attempt to get a certain pet/hybrid (or even trait). The happiness that a successful morphing moment creates for them (and myself), makes all the failed hybrid discovery attempts worthwhile. Haven't been able to do much of it lately, unfortunately, but I'm excited to jump back in to the tent when things slow down.

I may never discover a new hybrid, and not for a lack of trying, but I'm eternally optimistic that one will accidentally 'discover' me......some day!

Thanks again, Jen!

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Nov 12, 2015 wrote:
Thank you kindly, Jen!

Pets sure do always seem to sprout forth the positive...both in-game and in the real world.

I think that the P101 pet system, the morphing/hybrid aspect of it and just the pets in general are one of my favorite parts of the game. It's definitely what I have dedicated the most in-game time to. Collecting all of the pets/hybrids, boosting them up and helping others with their own pet/hybrid needs, has been quite fun and very rewarding. There's nothing like helping someone get a pet or hybrid they so very much want and also helping someone get the pedigree/traits that they are hoping for. I must say some of my most exciting and enjoyable P101 times have come after helping someone new to the game and to P101 pets, get their very first morphed-for pet/hybrid. You want to see someone truly appreciative and happy...just morph with a brand new pirate, hitting the tent for the very first time and help them get a new critter. And likewise, with seeing someone who has been trying morph attempt after morph attempt to get a certain pet/hybrid (or even trait). The happiness that a successful morphing moment creates for them (and myself), makes all the failed hybrid discovery attempts worthwhile. Haven't been able to do much of it lately, unfortunately, but I'm excited to jump back in to the tent when things slow down.

I may never discover a new hybrid, and not for a lack of trying, but I'm eternally optimistic that one will accidentally 'discover' me......some day!

Thanks again, Jen!
yw! I agree the main reason I will never be the discoverer and forever be "the girl who figured out 7 combos"
is I too love the ability to help a polite sweet unknown pirate with a morph.. :3 paying it forward is way more satisfying! I plan on logging into the tent and seeing if I can bump into cunning esmee possibly on my buccaneer reckless esmee devereaux! but glad to have your voice again on these message boards valkoor..your unique style of expression gladdens many hearts and was much missed these past few weeks.
stormy jen silver

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Admiral
Jul 07, 2013

Imperial dragon. He comes in flying on it!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Nov 12, 2015 wrote:
Ratbeard and I may have to have a talk.
Sweeeeeet!!! Maybe bring some Cheese Wiz and a persuasive, wooden club...just to soften him up a bit first. They say rat(s) can be pretty tough.

I can just see the gears-a-churnin' when the two of you get to chatting about the design/developmental aspects of the game. To think of all the ideas the developers have had that have been brainstormed about and created, that haven't even made it into the game.....man, that must be an amazing job and lots of fun.

Thanks for stopping in and good luck with that talk-- and don't forget that club!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Oooh, yes, and in his colors of red, gold and black! Also it must be an Imperial Lung with the five claws and antlers ( just as shown in Chinese art! )

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
DuranteRamses87 on Nov 13, 2015 wrote:

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
I do really like the idea of an Imperial Dragon...it's a perfect fit for Moo. But my whole, goofy idea of his pet came from wanting Moo Manchu to have a pet named Foo Man-Chew. So, naturally the Imperial Lion (aka, Wiz's Foo Dog) , and it's similar offspring, was the only pet that really 'fit the Foo'.

I kind of pictured Moo coming into battle wearing a restraining/harness backpack type of ensemble, where the Foo Man-Chu is strapped in and pops out after Moo says his peace and turns around. Kind of like in Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls when Ace thinks he has to fight the huge tribal warrior. Then the huge warrior turns around and tiny Tommy Davidson is strapped into the 'backpack'....looking all crazy and what not. Moo could let his, at the time, little Foo friend out of the bag and maybe RB could say something like, "Aww, wook a wittle puppy come to pway wit us piwates! Must be Manchu's best friend" Then Moo would 'release the beast' with some sort of Imperial Beggin' Strip or spell or potion, and the Moo's Foo would grow to an enormously, nefarious size. In which RB, would then say "Argghhh, Holy Hounds! I sure hope it knows how to play dead! Hope it don't have fleas!"

An Imperial Dragon, however, would naturally be a great fit (and an amazing pet period)...just may have to craft another name and idea for it, when it comes to Moo having one as a pet.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Nov 16, 2015 wrote:
I do really like the idea of an Imperial Dragon...it's a perfect fit for Moo. But my whole, goofy idea of his pet came from wanting Moo Manchu to have a pet named Foo Man-Chew. So, naturally the Imperial Lion (aka, Wiz's Foo Dog) , and it's similar offspring, was the only pet that really 'fit the Foo'.

I kind of pictured Moo coming into battle wearing a restraining/harness backpack type of ensemble, where the Foo Man-Chu is strapped in and pops out after Moo says his peace and turns around. Kind of like in Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls when Ace thinks he has to fight the huge tribal warrior. Then the huge warrior turns around and tiny Tommy Davidson is strapped into the 'backpack'....looking all crazy and what not. Moo could let his, at the time, little Foo friend out of the bag and maybe RB could say something like, "Aww, wook a wittle puppy come to pway wit us piwates! Must be Manchu's best friend" Then Moo would 'release the beast' with some sort of Imperial Beggin' Strip or spell or potion, and the Moo's Foo would grow to an enormously, nefarious size. In which RB, would then say "Argghhh, Holy Hounds! I sure hope it knows how to play dead! Hope it don't have fleas!"

An Imperial Dragon, however, would naturally be a great fit (and an amazing pet period)...just may have to craft another name and idea for it, when it comes to Moo having one as a pet.
Can he come in doing the fire dragon roll? LOL Like a sushi?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey