Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Forbbidance, Purge and Hidde

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
Hello Ratbeard,

I would like to thank you for wonderful updates this summer.

I have a few questions if that is ok.

I have been PvPing since the test came to life, now I have few question regarding our powers.

Forbbidance - It works as it was supposed to when it comes to opponent, can't say the same thing when it comes to opponents companions. The spell says "Remove one of target's powers from battle", not sure if by target is meant only the player or anyone from the other side of the board, even opponents pet. So not sure if this one is bugged or works how it is supposed to.

Purge Vs. Hidden lines of powers - The Purge says "Removes all positive effect in area", now does hidden counts towards that statement or not? It would be awesome counter attack and game changer if it does. When I tried it, it didn't remove hidden effect, is that on purpose or bug?

Sincerely,
Duncan Stubborn Freeman - The Self-Proclaimed Moo Manchu Everlasting Nemesis :)

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
Duncan StormThief on Jul 31, 2015 wrote:
Hello Ratbeard,

I would like to thank you for wonderful updates this summer.

I have a few questions if that is ok.

I have been PvPing since the test came to life, now I have few question regarding our powers.

Forbbidance - It works as it was supposed to when it comes to opponent, can't say the same thing when it comes to opponents companions. The spell says "Remove one of target's powers from battle", not sure if by target is meant only the player or anyone from the other side of the board, even opponents pet. So not sure if this one is bugged or works how it is supposed to.

Purge Vs. Hidden lines of powers - The Purge says "Removes all positive effect in area", now does hidden counts towards that statement or not? It would be awesome counter attack and game changer if it does. When I tried it, it didn't remove hidden effect, is that on purpose or bug?

Sincerely,
Duncan Stubborn Freeman - The Self-Proclaimed Moo Manchu Everlasting Nemesis :)
Here's the Purge/Dispel deal:

Purge removes all buffs/bonus effects, which are labeled in green text.

Dispel removes all debuffs/penalty effects, which are labeled in red text.

Nothing can remove effects like Hidden that are labeled in white text. You can see more white text effects on Infernal Wave and Frozen Tide, Soul Harvest (idk why that is counted as an effect), and Leech (boss cheat).

Lieutenant
Nov 21, 2010
Ok thank you for you reply! That makes sense. I wonder how eagle eyes is classified since it is also lost after purge magic cast.

Now only if Ratbeard could answer if Forbiddance is bugged or it is working how it is supposed to.

Stubborn Duncan Freeman

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I did see Carcarius Grimtooth cast Purge, but I think that shouldn't be for PvE. May cause disadvantages to certain tough battles. Don't know if that's by intention to PvE unless Ratbeard can elaborate. Dispel would be a more suitable ability to use in PvE, though.