Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How do you feel about Doubloons in Pratice PVP?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
‘Hoy there, everyone. I’m just a little curious as to what you all think about Doubloons in Practice PVP.
To give my full and honest opinion, I’m… not very keen on it. Just as it would for Ranked PVP, it does take away from strategy if you can simply (consistently) use them as you please. If they can be used constantly on every turn, it can become very overwhelming, thus taking away the fun of PVP. There are some Pirates who prefer to reserve their Doubloons and not using them up for PVP. However, not every Pirate has doubloons to spare, either.
I feel that Practice PVP should be used to, well, practice PVP, and the doubloons simply don’t help with that, especially for those who simply want to sharpen their PVP skills to prepare for Ranked – or not.
What do you all think? Should they be banned from Practice PVP as well? Do you think they are fine the way they are? Or, do you think that there could be an alternative?
If you believe there could be an alternative: what would it be? I, personally, think if there is to be another option; you are allowed to only use one Doubloon per match – whether you choose which one that would be, or it could be a completely random draw.
These are my honest opinions. What are yours?