Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

PvP Classes Overview

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 11, 2011
Okay, so its time for new years! I'm excited! Are you? So I am a fan of Pirate101 PvP! But I noticed that each time I duel, I learn a thing or two about the classes a fight. Please don't ask me to PvP. I'm bad. Remember I did this just to showcase my opinions about how good the PvP classes are!

-Swashbuckler
Swashbucklers to me are one of the most popular classes due to there incredible damage and accuracy and dodge. But to be honest, they aren't that hard at PvP. Remember, this is my opinion so don't ask me to PvP! They are short ranged fighters, and long rangers (Witchdoctor's, Musketeers) can easily hit them. Watch out for Sarah Steele or Bonnie Anne though, cause those two are quite tough to beat!

-Buccaneer
Buccaneers wow! They are so hard! I'm not joking, There incredible toughness and companions make them amazingly strong. Protection, Buffs, they also have adding in to there companions, and the most reliable attack: Reckless Frenzy. I always seem to battle them and I seem to lose everytime!

-Privateer
Now Privateers, are good at PvP. Its just the long range advantage that makes them weak against long rangers. I'm sure there very good at fighting short rangers, but what makes them strong is there protection and heals. Ensign Emmet and Bonnie Anne and i'm sure other companions of them are very hard to defeat.

-Musketeer
Musketeers are VERY OP when it comes to PvP since they are long rangers. If a Musketeer were to fight a Witchdoctor, it would seem very close, but Musketeers would win. With there bombs and attacks, they are that strong, that, even though never watched, would be able to win against Buccaneer. To conclude the companions, attacks and accuracy make this class OP just like Buccaneers.

-Witchdoctor
Witchdoctors are okay when it comes to PvP. I am a Witchdoctor myself and I win and lose sometimes, but I think Witchdoctors are okay. Bonnie Anne, Kan Po and El Toro help me and i'm sure other Witchdoctors use these companions too. There most valuable advantage for me to be exact, is there charm spell.

THESE ARE MY OPINIONS! I also did this because I wanted to share my expierence with other classes and I was bored. So what do you think? Share your opinions here!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Sir.Fortifier on Dec 31, 2014 wrote:
Okay, so its time for new years! I'm excited! Are you? So I am a fan of Pirate101 PvP! But I noticed that each time I duel, I learn a thing or two about the classes a fight. Please don't ask me to PvP. I'm bad. Remember I did this just to showcase my opinions about how good the PvP classes are!

-Swashbuckler
Swashbucklers to me are one of the most popular classes due to there incredible damage and accuracy and dodge. But to be honest, they aren't that hard at PvP. Remember, this is my opinion so don't ask me to PvP! They are short ranged fighters, and long rangers (Witchdoctor's, Musketeers) can easily hit them. Watch out for Sarah Steele or Bonnie Anne though, cause those two are quite tough to beat!

-Buccaneer
Buccaneers wow! They are so hard! I'm not joking, There incredible toughness and companions make them amazingly strong. Protection, Buffs, they also have adding in to there companions, and the most reliable attack: Reckless Frenzy. I always seem to battle them and I seem to lose everytime!

-Privateer
Now Privateers, are good at PvP. Its just the long range advantage that makes them weak against long rangers. I'm sure there very good at fighting short rangers, but what makes them strong is there protection and heals. Ensign Emmet and Bonnie Anne and i'm sure other companions of them are very hard to defeat.

-Musketeer
Musketeers are VERY OP when it comes to PvP since they are long rangers. If a Musketeer were to fight a Witchdoctor, it would seem very close, but Musketeers would win. With there bombs and attacks, they are that strong, that, even though never watched, would be able to win against Buccaneer. To conclude the companions, attacks and accuracy make this class OP just like Buccaneers.

-Witchdoctor
Witchdoctors are okay when it comes to PvP. I am a Witchdoctor myself and I win and lose sometimes, but I think Witchdoctors are okay. Bonnie Anne, Kan Po and El Toro help me and i'm sure other Witchdoctors use these companions too. There most valuable advantage for me to be exact, is there charm spell.

THESE ARE MY OPINIONS! I also did this because I wanted to share my expierence with other classes and I was bored. So what do you think? Share your opinions here!
Welcome to the message boards, SirFortifier! This post was well thought out and a good general over-view of the pirate classes. More experience in pvp will make you better, too ( if that's what you want to do ) We all started in the same place; as noobs.
I'm looking forward to more posts from you.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013

-Swashbuckler

-Buccaneer

-Privateer

-Musketeer

-Witchdoctor

just wanna say, long range is to weak against me( privateer btw) I usually flawless or almost flawless long range players

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012

-Swashbuckler

-Buccaneer

-Privateer

-Musketeer

-Witchdoctor

I am no expert, but here's how I rank the classes in pvp assuming that each is being played by someone proficient in that class.

1. Buccaneers
2. Swashbucklers
3. Privateers
4. Witchdoctors
5. Musketeers

Buccaneers

Buccaneers are tanks. They can take lots of damage and now that their critical hits trigger blade storm they can also dish it out. The Tower gear allows them to stock up on Leviathans Call and Charge attacks which will reduce the accuracy of whoever it hits. To beat a Buccaneer you have to be patient and timing is very important. Buccaneers are the elite class in pvp right now I think.

Swashbucklers

I am a Swashbuckler and I love this class. They are the damage dealers. When my Assassin's Strike goes super I can do almost 4,000 damage and that's enough to take out anyone. They can go hidden and become un-targetable and with Black Fog they can hide their whole team. Add a few shields and heals to the mix and a Swashbuckler can quickly become the worst nightmare for any class in pvp and if anyone could challenge the Buccaneers for the number one spot it would be Swashbucklers.

Privateers

Privateers are deadly because they can buff their whole team and even though the duration of their buffs has been reduced...they can still do a lot of damage in 3 rounds. Watch out for Privateers. They have gear available that can give them Assassin's Strike and so they are capable of doing their share of damage also.To beat them you must be aggressive and take out the pirate first to prevent them from continually buffing their team. With plenty of heals and shields in their arsenal, Privateers are a tough bunch.

Witchdoctors

As a ranged unit, Witchdoctors can send their companions ahead while they stay behind and launch potent attacks from the rear. With the Tower gear available to this class they are able to stock up on Jobu's Embrace and attack and heal at the same time. If they are able to target groups with Jobu's Embrace they can easily get back to full health...just when you thought you had them. Witchdoctors are a formidable class and their armor ignoring Mojo Blade and Reaver attacks and this makes them a force to be reckoned with.

Musketeers

Also a ranged class that has many multi-target attacks that can quickly put several of your companions health bars into the yellow and red. The Musketeer's traps and bombs make it hard to get to them sometimes and their AoE attacks can damage you even when you are hidden. They also benefit from the same thing Buccaneers do in that critical hits trigger Double Tap. Not a class to be taken lightly, you have to be on your toes to beat a Musketeer...they can be deadly.

The bottom line is that you can win with any class if you practice and build your pirate for pvp. The right gear makes a big difference and you should always be true to your class and play to their strengths. Each class has buffs available and these are important because they increase your chances of critical hits among other things.