Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Flawless Companions For PvP

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 11, 2011
Ahoy There PvP Lovers! SirFortifier Here,

Every PvP-Pirate needs there valuable team for PvP right? Well i'm counting down MY "Top 5 Best Companions For PvP" to note, I am bad at PvP. So if you think these are very bad companions. Don't be surprise.

Number 5: Starter Companions- Kobi Wojimbo, Subodai, Egg Shen, Wing Chun, Kan Po
As you experienced the most adventures with these companions, they were even there when we were locked up tight in the brig! I have to say they are very OP when it comes to PvP. Don't get me wrong, some of the starter companions you maybe don't like. But to conclude, I think all of them are downright awesome.

Number 4: Chantal Livingstone
I'm a musketeer myself and let me tell you she is downright awesome. Amazing at accuracy and what I love about her is she already has a BUFF! A buff at the very start! Very useful. She has Epic Strike, and comes with Over-Watch. OP if you ask me.

Number 3: Ensign Emmet
AMAZING. Very good. Although i'm not a Privateer myself, I have seen him in a duel, he was OP. Right after you get him which thank goodness is early, you can choose two of the most OP long range epics: Over-Watch or True Git. I love seeing him in combat and Privateers are very lucky to have him.

Number 2: El Toro
One word to describe this OP bull: AMAZING. Awesome, amazing and great at the start. Great dodge like every Swashbuckler should, and has a buff to. When he gets promoted though, he still doesn't get his mega hit. That's the only wish I want him to have. Other than that, amazing.

Honorable Mentions:
Louis Le Bisque
He is great at Non-PvP matches but I don't think he's good at PvP everyone knows Louise is OP, so they defeat him first. He is awesome and amazing, but he doesn't make him to the list. I'll give him Number 6.

Goronado
The only reason he's a honorable mention only is that I actually never had him as a companion. I'm sure he's good, but I actually never used him.

Number 1: Bonnie Anne & Zeena
Its a... TIE! I couldn't choose between them so I chose both. Bonnie Anne is great with range and comes with a heal, and Zeena comes with rain of fire, and epic strike. Bonnie is great with scatter-blast and is a long range character which is great with Swashbucklers and Zeena is... Just OP.

So that's my opinion! Please no hate! Its my OWN opinion and YOU don't have to rant about it. Share your opinions here!

Fair Winds To Ye' Pirate!

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I can't believe Nausica isn't on this list

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Sir.Fortifier on Jan 3, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy There PvP Lovers! SirFortifier Here,

Every PvP-Pirate needs there valuable team for PvP right? Well i'm counting down MY "Top 5 Best Companions For PvP" to note, I am bad at PvP. So if you think these are very bad companions. Don't be surprise.

Number 5: Starter Companions- Kobi Wojimbo, Subodai, Egg Shen, Wing Chun, Kan Po
As you experienced the most adventures with these companions, they were even there when we were locked up tight in the brig! I have to say they are very OP when it comes to PvP. Don't get me wrong, some of the starter companions you maybe don't like. But to conclude, I think all of them are downright awesome.

Number 4: Chantal Livingstone
I'm a musketeer myself and let me tell you she is downright awesome. Amazing at accuracy and what I love about her is she already has a BUFF! A buff at the very start! Very useful. She has Epic Strike, and comes with Over-Watch. OP if you ask me.

Number 3: Ensign Emmet
AMAZING. Very good. Although i'm not a Privateer myself, I have seen him in a duel, he was OP. Right after you get him which thank goodness is early, you can choose two of the most OP long range epics: Over-Watch or True Git. I love seeing him in combat and Privateers are very lucky to have him.

Number 2: El Toro
One word to describe this OP bull: AMAZING. Awesome, amazing and great at the start. Great dodge like every Swashbuckler should, and has a buff to. When he gets promoted though, he still doesn't get his mega hit. That's the only wish I want him to have. Other than that, amazing.

Honorable Mentions:
Louis Le Bisque
He is great at Non-PvP matches but I don't think he's good at PvP everyone knows Louise is OP, so they defeat him first. He is awesome and amazing, but he doesn't make him to the list. I'll give him Number 6.

Goronado
The only reason he's a honorable mention only is that I actually never had him as a companion. I'm sure he's good, but I actually never used him.

Number 1: Bonnie Anne & Zeena
Its a... TIE! I couldn't choose between them so I chose both. Bonnie Anne is great with range and comes with a heal, and Zeena comes with rain of fire, and epic strike. Bonnie is great with scatter-blast and is a long range character which is great with Swashbucklers and Zeena is... Just OP.

So that's my opinion! Please no hate! Its my OWN opinion and YOU don't have to rant about it. Share your opinions here!

Fair Winds To Ye' Pirate!
Well, I agree with a lot of what you say. Depends on the situation I reckon because there is no single line-up that works the same against all opponents. I will let the fact that you left Nausica off the list slide because she is a bundle companion, but not putting Peter Quint at the top of your list is inexcusable lol. Yes Bonnie and Zeena are two of the very best. I also believe that next to the class companions (Quint, Fan, Chantal) the 'Original Companions' are the best in the game. El-Toro is by far the best quest companion in the game and the only one I ever use. He's good to use against Buccaneers because his buff that lasts for 10 rounds is a good counter to the Buccaneer's accuracy lowering attacks. I suppose a good rule of thumb to follow would be to use only companions that you are able to buff. If you have Great Juju then you're able to use just about any companion you like, but be mindful of the fact that Great Juju only lasts for 5 rounds. I would definitely recommend companions that have Mega Hits etc. because those never miss. I have been leaning towards Buccaneer and Musketeer companions lately because now-a-days things like Blade Storm and Double Tap trigger after each critical.

Petty Officer
May 14, 2011
So i got exeter a long time ago (emmets crown version) he is great and only disadvantage is he doesnt have group heal, though can take down a nausica on his own. Just gonna throw in that ratbeard is great and baar, if your lucky enough to get him.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Spiral Cowboy on Jan 7, 2015 wrote:
Well, I agree with a lot of what you say. Depends on the situation I reckon because there is no single line-up that works the same against all opponents. I will let the fact that you left Nausica off the list slide because she is a bundle companion, but not putting Peter Quint at the top of your list is inexcusable lol. Yes Bonnie and Zeena are two of the very best. I also believe that next to the class companions (Quint, Fan, Chantal) the 'Original Companions' are the best in the game. El-Toro is by far the best quest companion in the game and the only one I ever use. He's good to use against Buccaneers because his buff that lasts for 10 rounds is a good counter to the Buccaneer's accuracy lowering attacks. I suppose a good rule of thumb to follow would be to use only companions that you are able to buff. If you have Great Juju then you're able to use just about any companion you like, but be mindful of the fact that Great Juju only lasts for 5 rounds. I would definitely recommend companions that have Mega Hits etc. because those never miss. I have been leaning towards Buccaneer and Musketeer companions lately because now-a-days things like Blade Storm and Double Tap trigger after each critical.
Just found a couple of errors here:
El Toro's Buff (unless you did not promote him) lasts only 5 turns.
Great Juju lasts for 3 turns
Almost every single companion can learn either bladestorm or doubletap or Mojo Rising

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Spiral Cowboy on Jan 7, 2015 wrote:
But he put the Gortez clone (can't remember his name) on the list... That is basically the same thing as a bundle companion...
Also the class companion for the Witchdoctor is meh.
Also you can buff all companions. Do you mean ones that use the same stat as you?

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
reckless benjamin ... on Feb 7, 2015 wrote:
So i got exeter a long time ago (emmets crown version) he is great and only disadvantage is he doesnt have group heal, though can take down a nausica on his own. Just gonna throw in that ratbeard is great and baar, if your lucky enough to get him.
Baar and his group are just incredible all around.