Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

My two cents on the Ranked PvP system(test realm)

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
It has been a long time since I posted, although I have been watching topics flown around, mainly PvP. Time for what I have experienced, as well as possible changes.

Firstly, the new talents. For Muskets, the new talents include burst fire, Overwatch, and Parting shot. This allows for awesome chain combos, as well as what I like to call mobility punishing combo-starters. Since Prince of Illios exists, muskets can potentially be as powerful as Nausica(and even better) in talents.

For Witchdoctors, you can get Witch Hunter(I think it should have been intuition), Readied Spell, and Cowards bane. These make it this class a higher threat and I am glad these were implemented.

For Melee, you can get Cheap shot, Flanking, and Relentless, all at your choosing. To be honest, I didn't expect to see relentless here, but i think the perquisites for cheap shot and relentless should switch, as privateers get less to start with anyways, but that is being picky.

Personally I love this Ranked PvP system. I was never a Pvp enthusiast, but I did enjoy Pvp, just not in the sparring chamber. What I have noticed while PvPing is that there is a top-dog, and it isn't necessarily Just Moo Robes

(Ranked 1v1 meta(from observation))
1. This class is still in the meta, no doubt. Currently, my Musket is 10-0 and I only struggle against other muskets. This is because of the high range, and since first-turn your opponent can't move, this gives you time to place bombs, get off free hits from sniper shots, etc. Since this class in particular can counter every class(with specific powers that they get naturally), this class can beat all(Doesn't mean it will)

2. I bet none of you saw this one coming huh? This class has nearly the same benefits as Muskets do. High range, multi-attacks, etc, except with one difference. Instead of traps, Witch's have minions. Since the new epics at the 's disposal, it can be rather difficult to counter this class,especially with minions for days.

3. Simple enough, this class has good damage, and black fog is still a viable tool. However, never play it first turn, pro advice. Almost every class has a counter to it, so just don't.

4. This class is extremely weaker than it was before. the main reason is the preventing of stacking buffs. While it can still be viable, this is more of a pve class. While it can be used, it is much weaker than the above classes in terms of potential.(I know there are some builds of that would be OP, but this is the majority of people :P

5. Sadly, Buccaneer is kind of at the bottom of the barrel(again). This is mostly because of the little actual counters Buccaneer usually have. It is weak against Witch's already, cannot counter Black Fog, Cannot counter Knock-back bombs, and even privateers can push through Vicious charges. While this class has potential, as of now it has the biggest disadvantages of any classes.

I feel like muskets will stay up top, so maybe 1/2 limit on bombs in PvP? Just a suggestion

(continued)

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
(continual)

I am doing separate stuff on powers that seem to be taking over the current meta(Cotta-Troupe, Fog, etc.) so I will leave that for later However I want to briefly go over the new Ranked Weapons real fast, and most likely their uses. I do not know how powerful these new weapons are supposed to be, but they are very close to being top-notch weapons as they are, but most are off compared to nefarious and some farmed gear.

Not that all weapons in Ranked currently grant "Summer's Flame". This is a substitute for the banned power blood flames(that is properly nerfed/fixed). My bet is that there will be substitutes for Frozen Tide("Winter's tide")and the infernal wave.
The weapon is based on Will, give a +187 weapon power boost and has a range of 5. It additionally grants a Increase Base Will and Base Resist Talents. I could see people using this, however In my opinion the nefarious staff is better. Could be used in PvP and PvE

The weapon is based on agility, give a +217 bonus, and grants base agile and base dodge +1(relative). This does not seem too practical for me. I find the Boarding and the Nefarious Knives much better. Might be used in PvE

The weapon deals 197 damage, has a range of 5 (making it the longest range any gun has) and grants base agility and accuracy. I find this weapon very good, and I will probably try to get it for my musket when it goes to live. This will be useful in PvE and PvP

The weapon has a Base of 227(The weapon is based on will), and grants Increase in base will and health. While I find the Bulwark and the Power Staff slightly better, however this is very good and I would use it for my . Useful for PvE and PvP
The weapon has a base of 227 and grants Increase in base Strength and Armor. I do not find this one practical for PvP use because I find minotaur's axe, axe of doom, and the Power staff for better. Miht be used in PvE however, but I doubt it.

Overall, I love how ranked is at the moment! Great job Kingsisle!

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
Stormy Sam Templet... on Jul 19, 2015 wrote:
It has been a long time since I posted, although I have been watching topics flown around, mainly PvP. Time for what I have experienced, as well as possible changes.

Firstly, the new talents. For Muskets, the new talents include burst fire, Overwatch, and Parting shot. This allows for awesome chain combos, as well as what I like to call mobility punishing combo-starters. Since Prince of Illios exists, muskets can potentially be as powerful as Nausica(and even better) in talents.

For Witchdoctors, you can get Witch Hunter(I think it should have been intuition), Readied Spell, and Cowards bane. These make it this class a higher threat and I am glad these were implemented.

For Melee, you can get Cheap shot, Flanking, and Relentless, all at your choosing. To be honest, I didn't expect to see relentless here, but i think the perquisites for cheap shot and relentless should switch, as privateers get less to start with anyways, but that is being picky.

Personally I love this Ranked PvP system. I was never a Pvp enthusiast, but I did enjoy Pvp, just not in the sparring chamber. What I have noticed while PvPing is that there is a top-dog, and it isn't necessarily Just Moo Robes

(Ranked 1v1 meta(from observation))
1. This class is still in the meta, no doubt. Currently, my Musket is 10-0 and I only struggle against other muskets. This is because of the high range, and since first-turn your opponent can't move, this gives you time to place bombs, get off free hits from sniper shots, etc. Since this class in particular can counter every class(with specific powers that they get naturally), this class can beat all(Doesn't mean it will)

2. I bet none of you saw this one coming huh? This class has nearly the same benefits as Muskets do. High range, multi-attacks, etc, except with one difference. Instead of traps, Witch's have minions. Since the new epics at the 's disposal, it can be rather difficult to counter this class,especially with minions for days.

3. Simple enough, this class has good damage, and black fog is still a viable tool. However, never play it first turn, pro advice. Almost every class has a counter to it, so just don't.

4. This class is extremely weaker than it was before. the main reason is the preventing of stacking buffs. While it can still be viable, this is more of a pve class. While it can be used, it is much weaker than the above classes in terms of potential.(I know there are some builds of that would be OP, but this is the majority of people :P

5. Sadly, Buccaneer is kind of at the bottom of the barrel(again). This is mostly because of the little actual counters Buccaneer usually have. It is weak against Witch's already, cannot counter Black Fog, Cannot counter Knock-back bombs, and even privateers can push through Vicious charges. While this class has potential, as of now it has the biggest disadvantages of any classes.

I feel like muskets will stay up top, so maybe 1/2 limit on bombs in PvP? Just a suggestion

(continued)
Just a couple of errors I want to fix as this was in test, where things have changed since this post

The buckler ranked weapon also gives +14 base armor and has 10% piercing rating. My opinions on the weapons stay the same however. This was also in test, I just forgot to add it in .

Bucklers have kind of dropped a bit as far a potential goes: Making Scent better and giving The First strike 3 line a way to break hidden was a smart move. I think they will do relatively well though.

Defensive buffs can stack now, which helps buccaneers a ton(but we can see double fort Nausica )

Muskets may/may not stay on top, but with a scent pet I find musketeers are still nearly unstoppable.

Not sure on how buccaneers will do, but form what I have seen they are still at a disadvantage. Whether it is powers or just their fighting style, I feel as if they will stay on the bottom, even if they are the most fun to play in my opinion(what I get for being my main )