Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Royale vs 1v1 Rankings

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2011
I made a post suggesting that we have separate rankings for Battle Royale and 1v1. I wanted to explain why. With 1v1, when you get to a high rank, it is very hard to find matches, and those matches are only going to be against other highly ranked players. So its much harder to rank up through 1v1.

On the other hand, in Battle Royale, its easy to match up against a variety of players, including lower rank. And furthermore, your rank can go up as long as your dont finish last. So it seems like a cheap way for players to get to a higher rank.

Given that they are separate types of battles, and separate records are kept for each, I think that it would be a good idea if each one had a separate rank.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
stormy quentin ver... on Aug 9, 2015 wrote:
I made a post suggesting that we have separate rankings for Battle Royale and 1v1. I wanted to explain why. With 1v1, when you get to a high rank, it is very hard to find matches, and those matches are only going to be against other highly ranked players. So its much harder to rank up through 1v1.

On the other hand, in Battle Royale, its easy to match up against a variety of players, including lower rank. And furthermore, your rank can go up as long as your dont finish last. So it seems like a cheap way for players to get to a higher rank.

Given that they are separate types of battles, and separate records are kept for each, I think that it would be a good idea if each one had a separate rank.
While I agree that it would be nice to have separate rankings, I disagree to your assessment of the Battle Royale as a 'cheap' way of moving up in ranks. Don't you realize a winner in the BR has overcome a three to one battle? This type of battle is certainly tougher and requires more strategy that the 1v1 PVP.
So, if anything, a victor of a BR deserves respect.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I've seen requests for a 2 vs. 2 to be added what do you guys think? Also if blood's jacket and other items can't be used in pvp are the weapons won from ranking unusable in pve?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2011
anecorbie on Aug 9, 2015 wrote:
While I agree that it would be nice to have separate rankings, I disagree to your assessment of the Battle Royale as a 'cheap' way of moving up in ranks. Don't you realize a winner in the BR has overcome a three to one battle? This type of battle is certainly tougher and requires more strategy that the 1v1 PVP.
So, if anything, a victor of a BR deserves respect.
Its not about respect. The point is that you can get matched up with lower ranked players in Battle Royale, and also, you don't even have to win to increase your rank. Both 1v1 and BR winners deserve respect, but they should have separate ranks, since the two forms of PVP work so differently.