Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Gear Drops in Miranda

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 31, 2011
Hello all fellow (and lady) scrubby pirates, Arrrrr...!! Have any of you received Matador's Headgear or Ranchero's Finery in Miranda? I was farming for Captain Blood's Jacket, finally got it and Lo and Behold, both of these showed up. They are for Musketeers only and I have never seen anything like these until now. Both of them, yes both of them Absorb 1105 damage. That means we could have Musketeers with almost 5000 Health equivalent? Wow! I think these came from Captain Blood's treasure chest, I usually get more treasure up to about 500 crowns total each battle. Hey, KingsIsle, are there equivalent gear like these for the other 4 pirate classes?. Curious Pirates wanta know!

All the Best in the Spiral
Hardy Martin Blake

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Big Martin on Jan 14, 2015 wrote:
Hello all fellow (and lady) scrubby pirates, Arrrrr...!! Have any of you received Matador's Headgear or Ranchero's Finery in Miranda? I was farming for Captain Blood's Jacket, finally got it and Lo and Behold, both of these showed up. They are for Musketeers only and I have never seen anything like these until now. Both of them, yes both of them Absorb 1105 damage. That means we could have Musketeers with almost 5000 Health equivalent? Wow! I think these came from Captain Blood's treasure chest, I usually get more treasure up to about 500 crowns total each battle. Hey, KingsIsle, are there equivalent gear like these for the other 4 pirate classes?. Curious Pirates wanta know!

All the Best in the Spiral
Hardy Martin Blake
Hello there Hardy Martin Blake and welcome to the message boards-- glad you could join us!

What you happened to stumble upon whilst wrastlin' up some vitally challenged (using Indigo's, politically correct terminology) bandits was gear with the power Valor's Armor. If you click on the link it will take you to the Pirate101 Wiki page for Valor's Armor and will list all known, or at least wiki-entered, gear that comes with that power.

It is a fantastic shielding power that definitely helps your crew to be able to take some damage, especially throughout the middle (and beyond) stages of the game. Using Valor's Armor on a Swashbuckler, Witchdoctor or Musketeer can really ensure that they "stick around" in battle and deal out maximum punishment. Privateer's learn the Valor's Armor power as part of their storyline training. All classes have access to VA, but Buccaneers have only one known or listed piece of gear with Valor's Armor. By nature of their class Bucks are much hardier and possess higher health and armor, plus they have access to many, many Leviathan's Call and Kraken's Lament powers- through training and gear- so they are already equipped to take higher levels of damage. As you progress you'll gain access to gear with Valor's Fortress, which is a must-have piece of gear as it shields your crew member for 5 rounds, while decreasing damage by 50% for those 5 rounds, from all physical and magical, incoming attacks-- and it has infinite range.

Again welcome to the message boards and congrats on getting your hands on some really great gear!