Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Everybody PVP Now!

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I must say I'm enjoying the ranked PVP system and I encourage everybody to try it! I've had no unpleasant experiences from other players. The scrip rewards are nice - 10 scrip per win and 5 scrip 'consolation'.The crowns cost is moderate and when this goes live, I may either buy a membership or just purchase a 24 hour pass.
I am loving the speed option on combat, though it looks a little funny, like the 'speed-up' on old movies.
I even got to test out whether the Terror - cotta or the Scorpion Swarm were more effective ( they're evenly matched, even with the Beast Banner in use ).
I don't like the Battle Royale, or doubloon use. Just because doubloons are available to everyone doesn't make it good for use in this situation. I'm leaving this to the experts to explain in depth, for once I bow to your experience. I will only say it's unpleasant to be winning and have your opponent spam minions on you. And the only way to stop them? Defeat the captain and as soon as possible!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I'm now a BRAWLEEEEERRRRR!!!! But I'm going to wait until those pesky doubloons are turned off before I continue.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I didn't really like my first two attempts. Neither of my opponents said more than "hi" and "gg." They were there to pound me and my companions with no nonsense. I gave them easy wins, I'm sure.

For a new PvP player, it didn't feel very fun. So I tried my level 17 witchdoctor, but after half an hour and no match, I gave up. It must be exclusively maxed pirates right now.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I haven't had a good experience with pvp. All of my opponents are swashbucklers, and it's just so frustrating.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Jul 18, 2015 wrote:
I didn't really like my first two attempts. Neither of my opponents said more than "hi" and "gg." They were there to pound me and my companions with no nonsense. I gave them easy wins, I'm sure.

For a new PvP player, it didn't feel very fun. So I tried my level 17 witchdoctor, but after half an hour and no match, I gave up. It must be exclusively maxed pirates right now.
I've had a mix of reactions by now, but nothing I can't shrug off. Yeah the silent ones do bug me, way too intense for them to enjoy themselves.
I've also had a range of courteous ones, "gg" and "well played" and from the menu chat players "Good Match!"
One even used menu chat to make little jokes at his own expense - "ouch" and "that'll leave a mark" when ever I hit him.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012

i took in my max witch , melee witch and not only can i not use blood flames i cant move my companions forward first round either so my first round is wasted as i am not into buffing first, my companions die second round and there i stand a witch no armor just magic resist, my character never had range even with range weapons which is why i trained swashbuckler anyways, hoodoo bundle gear never worked etc, so i went full on melee and normally do just fine, buff only with doubloons as juju has no range either XD guess my character has too many faults for pvp, so i continue playing it at home until the add update and i can no longer use flames, which only protected me a few seconds from opponents companions pets and summons anyways :/

stormy jen

Developer

I think that's likely to be the case for a while-- especially on Test.

These are the most invested players, after all.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013

btw dont be nice in ranked, when a top player says high its usually to get a response out of you to see your gear, i do this and if this doesnt work i ask them a question

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 17, 2015 wrote:
I must say I'm enjoying the ranked PVP system and I encourage everybody to try it! I've had no unpleasant experiences from other players. The scrip rewards are nice - 10 scrip per win and 5 scrip 'consolation'.The crowns cost is moderate and when this goes live, I may either buy a membership or just purchase a 24 hour pass.
I am loving the speed option on combat, though it looks a little funny, like the 'speed-up' on old movies.
I even got to test out whether the Terror - cotta or the Scorpion Swarm were more effective ( they're evenly matched, even with the Beast Banner in use ).
I don't like the Battle Royale, or doubloon use. Just because doubloons are available to everyone doesn't make it good for use in this situation. I'm leaving this to the experts to explain in depth, for once I bow to your experience. I will only say it's unpleasant to be winning and have your opponent spam minions on you. And the only way to stop them? Defeat the captain and as soon as possible!
Since I've been playing the Crowns Cost for Ranked PvP has been free. If it continues to be low cost (1 to 5 Crowns) I probably will participate when this goes live. Too much more and I will have to really decide how much I want what can be bought in the Brawlin' Hall and can I afford the number of matches I would need to get it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on Jul 20, 2015 wrote:
btw dont be nice in ranked, when a top player says high its usually to get a response out of you to see your gear, i do this and if this doesnt work i ask them a question
That might have been of some use in the un-ranked pvp duels; but how can that help them in the middle of a match, even if you had all the rare gear in your backpack, you can't plan for every contingency. You go in with the gear you have on, you don't know who'll you'll be matched with, much less their gear and companions.
If your rank is that important to you, then just be silent and concentrate on the battle.
I'll choose to be pleasant and talk and maybe joke a bit, unless they're utter bridge trolls ( then the handy-dandy ignore button will come into use. )

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 20, 2015 wrote:
That might have been of some use in the un-ranked pvp duels; but how can that help them in the middle of a match, even if you had all the rare gear in your backpack, you can't plan for every contingency. You go in with the gear you have on, you don't know who'll you'll be matched with, much less their gear and companions.
If your rank is that important to you, then just be silent and concentrate on the battle.
I'll choose to be pleasant and talk and maybe joke a bit, unless they're utter bridge trolls ( then the handy-dandy ignore button will come into use. )
i love and hate this because you could be in a match then there it is a moo Manchu summon out of no were and you had no idea because you cant see there gear but it dose not really do anything to be considering the only person I ever fight is Quentin went vs him 9 times in a row x, x

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
the midnightpirate on Jul 22, 2015 wrote:
i love and hate this because you could be in a match then there it is a moo Manchu summon out of no were and you had no idea because you cant see there gear but it dose not really do anything to be considering the only person I ever fight is Quentin went vs him 9 times in a row x, x
The dangers of being one of the top PVP players is that you'll be constantly matched against the same top PVP players.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jul 20, 2015 wrote:
knowing your foes gear helps plan for attacks for example in central pvp i plan to use my last hidden during the last round of their last fort or levy, also knowing how many heals they have gives you an idea of when you should use an attacking power, high lvl pvp requires this kind of thinking