Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How Viable is this?

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
So I was thinking about the new abilities given by the new trainers in test realm, and I was wondering whether either of these are worthwhile things to train in:

Flanking 3 for Swashbucklers (Train Flanking, Nefarious Knives, Gladiator's Outfit): Flanking 3 cuts down on the movement range of the enemy it was used on. I was wondering if that has that big of an effect in pvp, it seems like it wouldn't, but I am not sure.

Witch Hunter for Buccaneer: Not much to say here. It seems pretty useful to get an extra hit off on any witchdoctors near you, but it would cost quit a few training points.

I was just curious about how effective they would be, and whether they would be worth the training points for.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Voodoo Cornelius on Jul 21, 2015 wrote:
So I was thinking about the new abilities given by the new trainers in test realm, and I was wondering whether either of these are worthwhile things to train in:

Flanking 3 for Swashbucklers (Train Flanking, Nefarious Knives, Gladiator's Outfit): Flanking 3 cuts down on the movement range of the enemy it was used on. I was wondering if that has that big of an effect in pvp, it seems like it wouldn't, but I am not sure.

Witch Hunter for Buccaneer: Not much to say here. It seems pretty useful to get an extra hit off on any witchdoctors near you, but it would cost quit a few training points.

I was just curious about how effective they would be, and whether they would be worth the training points for.
I don't recommend flanking for swashbucklers at all ( unless you don't mind losing a hide due to it ).
Witch Hunter is fine if as a melee fighter you're standing right next to the witch, but if they decide to hit you with an AOE Mojo Storm ( from range ), you won't get the benefit