Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

witch hunter

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2011
Now that witch hunter is trainable, some players have tested it and have demonstrated that when i melee class uses it, it can activate epic chains. So if a witchdoctor tries to use a spell on the enemy pirate when he is next to him, then there is a chance that he will be hit by a string of attacks. For example, witch hunter->relentless->bladestorm->bladestorm, or if trained, witch hunter->relentlless->burst fire->burst fire->burst fire->etc.

As a witch, I am concerned that this does not seem fair. For witches, our main attacks are spells, and we cant even have epics activated off of those spells. Wouldnt it make more sense for witch hunter to count as a spell and not a weapon attack that can activate these chains of epics?

Developer
Maybe we should focus on ways that the witchdoctor can prevent witch hunters from standing right next to him.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ratbeard on Jul 27, 2015 wrote:
Maybe we should focus on ways that the witchdoctor can prevent witch hunters from standing right next to him.
Hmm, maybe like a port power?

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2011
Thats exactly what I try to do for the whole match, but once they get next to me, it seems like my options could be limited

Lieutenant
Aug 29, 2008
Not sure that this is a problem. It can work just as much in your favor as it works on their favor. Specially when purposely activating an opponent's witch hunter to remove their hidden.

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
Alex Hawkins on Jul 27, 2015 wrote:
Not sure that this is a problem. It can work just as much in your favor as it works on their favor. Specially when purposely activating an opponent's witch hunter to remove their hidden.
Exactly, remember a Witch can also get Witch Hunter which can be a major cringe to a Melee unit because it reduces Weapon power, now here is why it's balanced as well. Once the Melee gets into Elusive your Hunter will stop working and start to miss, mostly if you're fighting a Buck who Vicious Charged you but it will give you an early lead and make it so your opponent HAS TO WID/Black Fog before they go in hitting your Pirate or else they'll get half there damage removed.

Bright side is late game when you're missing the Melee can rev up there engine to speed up the match if they set up the late game right. But this is where the strats come in my friend, Quentin. You have to both play at whose going to shut whose team down first, and the question is how will you do that?

Witch Hunter, early shut down for Melee classes as it reduces there damage but if the enemy properly shuts down your accuracy then you missed your chance but how will you avoid getting your char killed/reduced? Well you already know how, so give it a shot.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2011
I am speaking for the poor, down-trodden, innocent witchdoctors, not just for myself.

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
The only problem I have is that Witch Hunter chains to Witch Hunter if it is done via magic, which means whoever plays a magic spell first starts of by playing Witch Hunter :L

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Alex Hawkins on Jul 27, 2015 wrote:
Bingo Alex. The more "triggerable" epics that a player/companion has...the more chances of bringing them out of hide. Granted, a player could limit themselves or their companions on these epics to decrease their reactions under Black Fog or similar power...but they also decrease their chain chances.

Would be interesting to see both extremes in a match up against each other.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
stormy quentin ver... on Jul 27, 2015 wrote:
I am speaking for the poor, down-trodden, innocent witchdoctors, not just for myself.
Oh and where do these poor down-trodden witchdoctors dwell? I haven't met one. ( Innocent? Bah, Humbug! )