Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Order of Talents and Powers

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 01, 2012
How does pet talents and powers' chronology of being acquired work? I've read in the wiki that you are supposed to get a talent upon reaching level ten and then alternating between them to maximum level, but I have trained several pets at a time with a number of them getting powers instead of talents first. Is it completely random across both talents and powers or is something else occurring here?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I can't say about the order you get them, but looking at my maxed pets, I see that I got 3 powers and 4 talents on all the maxed ones. It might be that the order you get them might be random, but I don't have any max pets with less or more than 3 powers and 4 talents. I didn't write the order I got talents vs. powers, but I do have one morphed pet that is still training that currently has one power and 3 talents, so that doesn't seem to quite fit an alternating pattern. I'll have to see what else it gets.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2012
The wiki is entirely correct. Talents are lvl 10, 30, 50, and 70 while powers are 20, 40, and 60. Now, don't confuse grants with selfish talents and powers, check the pet's slots to see what falls in each category.
Now, if you have a Santa Claws or a Ostrich in a Pear Tree, or a pet with Loyal in its name, it gains an extra Loyal 2 talent that isn't counted with the levels.
I hope that helped.