Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"The Contest of Champions" polish thoughts

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ahoy!

Now, I do enjoy the Magnificent 7 companions' promotion quest, "The Contest of Champions", but I think that quest may need some dialog polish. So, I thought up of this list in my request.

1st, in the Caves of Ruin, Old Scratch should appear & have his dialogue line added before one of the Magnificent 7 companions say their lines, E.G., Buffalo Bill for Swashbucklers, "Hmmmmm... Charming. Forward!", & Old Scratch's line should be this, "This Cave reeks of good and bad mojo. I an' I feel them, clashing each other. The Eagis, it be here, but Cadmus, him and him legion be cursed, all twisted and evil, bound to this Cave forever.".

2nd, before facing the Skeleton Hoplites in combat, one of them should have a dialogue line added, and it should be this, "What's this? Another Achaean Champion that won their silly Contest? You don't look like an Eagle, but no matter. Typhon will appreciate any sacrifice, once we finish you first! Take them!".

3rd, before going into combat with the Eagle Spartan Ghosts, one of them should have a dialogue line added, & it should be this, "Turn back, stranger! You should never have accepted the Contest and won! You'll be another tormented victim to Typhon for all eternity! Leave while you still can, or face immediate doom!".

4th, before going into combat with the boss, Cadmus, he should have a dialogue line added, & he should say this, "Strangers! Leave this accursed place! This useless Eagis brought naught but our doom! These wretched Ophidian Witches cursed us by chomping us! Leave now, or be trapped for eternity!".

Plus, I would like to say this...

As I entered the Manticore Cave in Achaea I kept on moving while one of the Magnificent 7 companions say their dialogue lines, that may lead into interruption by going into combat with the boss, the Dread Manticore, E.G., Buffalo Bill, "Captain, I think you and I'd best take it from here. I won't have those Eagles saying I cheated!". Also, the Dread Manticore should have a dialogue line before going into combat with that boss, & it should be this, "(ROAR!)", complete with a roaring sound effect.

It's fine to have opinions about polish, but I may as well send my thoughts out, anyway. KI, hope you do that someday, please. What do you think, Pirates?

Thanks again for listening!

Lieutenant
Sep 21, 2014
Trimond297 on Nov 27, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!

Now, I do enjoy the Magnificent 7 companions' promotion quest, "The Contest of Champions", but I think that quest may need some dialog polish. So, I thought up of this list in my request.

1st, in the Caves of Ruin, Old Scratch should appear & have his dialogue line added before one of the Magnificent 7 companions say their lines, E.G., Buffalo Bill for Swashbucklers, "Hmmmmm... Charming. Forward!", & Old Scratch's line should be this, "This Cave reeks of good and bad mojo. I an' I feel them, clashing each other. The Eagis, it be here, but Cadmus, him and him legion be cursed, all twisted and evil, bound to this Cave forever.".

2nd, before facing the Skeleton Hoplites in combat, one of them should have a dialogue line added, and it should be this, "What's this? Another Achaean Champion that won their silly Contest? You don't look like an Eagle, but no matter. Typhon will appreciate any sacrifice, once we finish you first! Take them!".

3rd, before going into combat with the Eagle Spartan Ghosts, one of them should have a dialogue line added, & it should be this, "Turn back, stranger! You should never have accepted the Contest and won! You'll be another tormented victim to Typhon for all eternity! Leave while you still can, or face immediate doom!".

4th, before going into combat with the boss, Cadmus, he should have a dialogue line added, & he should say this, "Strangers! Leave this accursed place! This useless Eagis brought naught but our doom! These wretched Ophidian Witches cursed us by chomping us! Leave now, or be trapped for eternity!".

Plus, I would like to say this...

As I entered the Manticore Cave in Achaea I kept on moving while one of the Magnificent 7 companions say their dialogue lines, that may lead into interruption by going into combat with the boss, the Dread Manticore, E.G., Buffalo Bill, "Captain, I think you and I'd best take it from here. I won't have those Eagles saying I cheated!". Also, the Dread Manticore should have a dialogue line before going into combat with that boss, & it should be this, "(ROAR!)", complete with a roaring sound effect.

It's fine to have opinions about polish, but I may as well send my thoughts out, anyway. KI, hope you do that someday, please. What do you think, Pirates?

Thanks again for listening!
I think some new dialogue would be cool although I think KI should look into it and see if it fits well.

P.S, you don't have to fight the Eagle Spartan Ghosts, you don't have to fight anyone in the cave except Typhon.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Unfair Angel on Nov 27, 2015 wrote:
I think some new dialogue would be cool although I think KI should look into it and see if it fits well.

P.S, you don't have to fight the Eagle Spartan Ghosts, you don't have to fight anyone in the cave except Typhon.
Well, if KI sees it & may have to make a few changes, I don't mind.

Having dialogue added to particular bosses that don't have any before going into combat gives them personality.

Uh, last I did that quest, facing the Hoplites & Eagle Spartan Ghosts were the only obstacles to overcome in order to get to Typhon. Though, the amount of defeating the Hoplites could be slightly reduced to just defeating at least 4.