Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Clock-o-Gator

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Does anyone know if the clock-o-gator makes a hybrid? ( Perhaps with the clockwork spider or clocktopus? )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012

I didn't know that a clock-o-gator was even a thing.

Thanks for the Intel!

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
None known / however like all the other ranked PVP pets before it / i doubt there is one

The early PVP pets that were by class made another pet / but it was a look alike

the Ranked PVP pets have not / to date / made any hybrids at all

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
King Crimson on Mar 30, 2017 wrote:

I didn't know that a clock-o-gator was even a thing.

Thanks for the Intel!
They're in the Brawlin' Hall pet shop. ( in case you can't find it. )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Krigleblort on Mar 30, 2017 wrote:
None known / however like all the other ranked PVP pets before it / i doubt there is one

The early PVP pets that were by class made another pet / but it was a look alike

the Ranked PVP pets have not / to date / made any hybrids at all
Also, on my secondary account having the Swashbuckler Raptor bred with a Ginger Cat produced a Skull Island Macaw.
Maybe rules are being changed?

Ensign
Jun 12, 2012
anecorbie on Mar 30, 2017 wrote:
Also, on my secondary account having the Swashbuckler Raptor bred with a Ginger Cat produced a Skull Island Macaw.
Maybe rules are being changed?
When it comes to the seasonal school pets (such as Privateer, Buccaneer, etc.), they cannot be obtained by morphing, as they create always a more common look-alike, such as the summer Sharks always producing a Tiger Shark and, as you mentioned, the fall Raptors always producing a Skull Island Macaw.

When it comes to the seasonal Ranked pets however (which the Clock-O-Gator is part of), they haven't been known to produce any hybrid. And I wouldn't be surprised due to their nature, due to them only be obtained after a certain rank and the fact that they're no-trade pets (except for the Clock-O-Gator, which I believe it's an error since all the previous ones weren't).

They were meant to be special pets obtained by people who take PvP seriously and be as a reward for reaching each rank, yet accessible enough for anyone who doesn't PvP to have a chance to obtain it by morphing (if said player allows it). I believe that them having hybrids could affect their status as unique, One-of-a-kind, pets.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Kit Kat Kit on Apr 4, 2017 wrote:
When it comes to the seasonal school pets (such as Privateer, Buccaneer, etc.), they cannot be obtained by morphing, as they create always a more common look-alike, such as the summer Sharks always producing a Tiger Shark and, as you mentioned, the fall Raptors always producing a Skull Island Macaw.

When it comes to the seasonal Ranked pets however (which the Clock-O-Gator is part of), they haven't been known to produce any hybrid. And I wouldn't be surprised due to their nature, due to them only be obtained after a certain rank and the fact that they're no-trade pets (except for the Clock-O-Gator, which I believe it's an error since all the previous ones weren't).

They were meant to be special pets obtained by people who take PvP seriously and be as a reward for reaching each rank, yet accessible enough for anyone who doesn't PvP to have a chance to obtain it by morphing (if said player allows it). I believe that them having hybrids could affect their status as unique, One-of-a-kind, pets.
Thank you for such a clear explanation and welcome to the message boards!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Kit Kat Kit on Apr 4, 2017 wrote:

When you say having hybrids would affect their unique status, are you talking about unique powers and abilities, or about their unique look?
A hybrid might not look like the parent at all. Do hybrids always resemble parents? I haven't morphed enough to be sure, but couldn't you get something very different looking? I never saw a pet like the balrog before they showed up, do they look like their parents? I don't know what makes them, frog x minotaur? Is it ok as long as the hybrid looked different, either shape or color? That would leave the prestige of the pvp one remaining distinctive. What if the parents both had to be ranked pvp pets to get a hybrid?
If it's the powers they get, I think K I would want to reserve the option to put powers in other new pets.

Ensign
Jun 12, 2012
Calamity Finch on Apr 7, 2017 wrote:
When you say having hybrids would affect their unique status, are you talking about unique powers and abilities, or about their unique look?
A hybrid might not look like the parent at all. Do hybrids always resemble parents? I haven't morphed enough to be sure, but couldn't you get something very different looking? I never saw a pet like the balrog before they showed up, do they look like their parents? I don't know what makes them, frog x minotaur? Is it ok as long as the hybrid looked different, either shape or color? That would leave the prestige of the pvp one remaining distinctive. What if the parents both had to be ranked pvp pets to get a hybrid?
If it's the powers they get, I think K I would want to reserve the option to put powers in other new pets.
I do know about hybrids being different from their parents (I'm a hybrid hunter, after all). But yes, I do mean about the prestige of them being PvP pets, particularly ranked pets, when people who do PvP can get them as a reward for reaching a certain rank. There's also the consideration that if hybrids were made, there's the decision of which rank of pets should be used for a hybrid. Would it be the Contender when it's most readily available for everyone (at the cost of scrip, of course)? Or would it be for a Champion when it's more rewarding for a person who reaches that rank only for it to lose its value when it spreads out due to people morphing for its hybrids?

Although I do believe the usage of ranked pets as both parents to produce new hybrids would be interesting. It would make the hybrid more valuable due to requiring not one, but two of the ranked pets which could be hard to obtain due to reaching to champion at least twice, once for each season.

Again, the problem could be solved by having people help spread it out so more people can obtain it when they search for hybrids. But again, it also can undermine the value of when a person reaches a certain rank when the pet becomes easily available for morphing. This is why some people don't having the ranked pets spread out and seeing become as common as the ostrich.

When it comes to powers, there's nothing unique about them as the powers are easily available with more common pets. So if you were to get them for the powers it's not really worth it when there are many people available with many sets and powers, some which are nice enough willing to morph.

Overall, how these pets are obtained are different from the others, and the fact that you have to work for it makes them more special, it's not a matter of spending crowns or randomly getting it by luck while questing. The fact that they can be morphed at all is a relief to those who don't do PvP, which to me it's enough.