For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Dreaming of a new Pirate pet? Tell KI!

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1439
How about an Enchanted Kite pet, or Origami Kite pet? I picture anything from a simple diamond shape kite with a tail (dyeable would be good), to a box kite, or MS Painted Kite with a fierce Samurai painted on it. I think the Samurai kite would have interesting attacks or at least Battle cries. I like the idea of seeing pirates running around Avery's Court trailing kites behind them. An this one has sooo many hybrid possibilities.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10138
Calamity Finch on Apr 17, 2017 wrote:
How about an Enchanted Kite pet, or Origami Kite pet? I picture anything from a simple diamond shape kite with a tail (dyeable would be good), to a box kite, or MS Painted Kite with a fierce Samurai painted on it. I think the Samurai kite would have interesting attacks or at least Battle cries. I like the idea of seeing pirates running around Avery's Court trailing kites behind them. An this one has sooo many hybrid possibilities.
I suggested a kite mount awhile back it was to be customized with your flag colors and the animation was to be lifting you slightly off your feet. A kite pet attached to you would be super cute!

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
434
I'm pretty sure a few people have said this before but I think Yum-Yum fruit as a pet would be cool. Also a mini ship(that would be a small version of Boochbeard's from the tutorial) that just floats in the air and goes in circles as an idle fidget.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1413
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 11, 2017 wrote:
Yar! We need a pet which says, he is one with the hoodoo and the hoodoo is with them! (Sorry)

A voodoo doll pet which is exclusive to witchdoctors because we need to begin having exclusive items for different classes

The voodoo doll would be unlocked via Vadima after numerous quests, then you would have to defeat 10 witchdoctors in PvP to unlock the voodoo doll for 100,000 gold.

The voodoo doll could have grants for witchdoctor only epics, it can give you elusive, mournsong and all things for witchdoctors but what would really make this pet special is that at random, this pet will have a chance to be a voodoo doll, it will active a power on any random turn, during that turn you attack your pet (boosting its health is important!) for example, lets say you mojo blade your voodoo doll for 1000 damage (spell power buffs don't apply to the voodoo doll) the doll would pick a random target and deal 1000 damage to a random enemy, then your Bonnie Anne hits it for 250 damage and that hits the captain!

I think this would be a superb addition to the game
"I am one with the Force and the Force is with me..." - Chirrut Imwe, Rogue One

Even though I'm not a fan of hoodoo, I'll still acknowledge your parody.

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 9 Musketeer

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
1413
stormyjensilverdra... on Jan 11, 2017 wrote:
ok thought I'd start a thread to celebrate my chattiness boosting me to O.O First Mate status.. lol

if you could have a new pirate pet, what would it be?

if you could pick a new talent or power for a pet, what would you choose?

if you could design a hybrid, what would parents be and final product look like?

ok me lovely fellow marauders, hop to raise yer sails put ya thinkin caps on :3 whether an old favorite idea, or a brand-new inspiration, we wanna hear about it!!

hmm I've recently mentioned on another post I'd like a gumdrop pet or a swordroll inspired baby blue penguin with a top hat.. and with Decius posting on the "clear clue" post it hit me and got me thinking jellyfish.. many old ideas I've mentioned before like a grenadier land tortoise and a tumbleweed.. but how about a commando rambo? or a fire pixie? would look more like a wisp of fire in the shape of a pixie/sprite..

so what have you been dreaming of? please post it! nothing is too silly or mundane be brave me mateys! a floating barrel of yum? a mini moo manchu? a grey squirrel? a silver ferret?

stormy jen silver
Great thread, Jen! I'm glad I got to meet you in Test Realm about a year ago.

Anyway, I think an Origami Crane or an Origami Bird would be a great addition! It can either be customized and dyed for your flag colors, or even just plain white as if someone just made it out of paper.

One of it's Powers could be Paper Squall, where it can send sharp fragments of paper and cut the enemy, doing -50 damage.

I'll list another Pet:

The Tech-Mech!

The Tech-Mech is similar to the Golem, but it's a little different. If you've ever seen Alice in Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass by Disney, and you remember one of Time's minions, that's what the Tech-Mech is supposed to look like. The Tech-Mech is short for Technical Mechanism.

One of it's Powers can be Technical Gale, where it can blast the enemy with electricity.

I may post some more, but for now, adios, amigos!

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 9 Musketeer

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1439
In a Terry Pratchett book, a wizard obtains the Luggage, a box made of sentient pear wood, with a hundred feet. It follows him around and holds his stuff. He is terrified of it, but it is loyal and occasionally eats people and creatures, sometimes even ones that threaten it's owner. How about a pet like that? It could be the Portmanteau (definition- 1.luggage, or 2. a word that combines 2 words into one ie. brunch or podcast).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10138
Calamity Finch on May 12, 2017 wrote:
In a Terry Pratchett book, a wizard obtains the Luggage, a box made of sentient pear wood, with a hundred feet. It follows him around and holds his stuff. He is terrified of it, but it is loyal and occasionally eats people and creatures, sometimes even ones that threaten it's owner. How about a pet like that? It could be the Portmanteau (definition- 1.luggage, or 2. a word that combines 2 words into one ie. brunch or podcast).
I love the Discworld series! ( Would it be nit-picking if I pointed out that The Luggage was actually made from sapient pearwood? )
P.S.
Rincewind is terrified of everything, it's the reason he's still alive.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1439
anecorbie on May 13, 2017 wrote:
I love the Discworld series! ( Would it be nit-picking if I pointed out that The Luggage was actually made from sapient pearwood? )
P.S.
Rincewind is terrified of everything, it's the reason he's still alive.
Sorry I got that wrong. Yes, Rincewind is fearful, but the Luggage seems to be a specific fear that's always with him, and it does eat things. Would you like a Portamanteau running after you? I think it would be fun to see it attacking in fights.
Someone in another thread suggested a dolphin pet. That would be cute too. I think it was called a dollyphan.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10138
Calamity Finch on May 18, 2017 wrote:
Sorry I got that wrong. Yes, Rincewind is fearful, but the Luggage seems to be a specific fear that's always with him, and it does eat things. Would you like a Portamanteau running after you? I think it would be fun to see it attacking in fights.
Someone in another thread suggested a dolphin pet. That would be cute too. I think it was called a dollyphan.
If the Portmanteau were to look like a pirate's chest ( I like the name btw ) and with only four legs ( have a heart for the poor concept artist/animator creating it! ) it would be sooo funny!
I saw the dollyphan suggestion. I think it would be a wonderful addition. Of course I "yarred" that post!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10138
A short, little boot, hopping and walking beside us - The Pirate's Booty! It will stomp and kick the tushies of all enemies!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10138
Oooh, I have another one! This one is bizarre and creepy - a Jack-in-the-Box!
A brightly colored box hops onto the battle board, then some creepy, tinkyly music plays & out jumps the Jack with 2 swords "slash, slash!" then back in the box!
You might to go all the way and make it a Jack ( Sparrow ) in-the- Box!

Lieutenant
Nov 05, 2011
137
I'd love to have a raven, crow, owl or a mini levianth as a pet. More canine pets would be nice too.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1439
I've been fighting in the pet arena lately, and I've noticed there are many pets that oppose us with interesting names (and different talents), but the same old looks. It SEEMS like many pet types only have 2 looks. Blue walktopus with pink dots or yellow walktopus with blue dots, purple bubblefish or a green one, etc. Why so many look-a-likes? How about adding some more colors and patterns to them. Striped walktopus maybe, or green, brown, purple or red ones? Or blue with yellow (or another color) dots instead of pink? Am I seeing gift card pets in there that have different names and talents by when you log it in, but the same appearance? Are there other color and patterned ones out there waiting to be found as hybrid morphs? I know there are some exceptions; I've seen some different colored jackalopes, imperial lions, scorpions, armadillos, yeti, and dragons.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1439
Anyone want a My Teeny Horsey pet? Flowing mane and tail, very pastel colors, and Sparkles!
How about a Valencian Pastapus? Spagetti + octopus, you get the picture. Meatball eyes?

Ensign
Mar 26, 2017
2
idk if this is old or not but i kinda wanted to put something in anyways :P
i always thought it would be cool if there were little pet mice in here with a little pirate outfit getup,or, if you want something new (or maybe new cuz im not sure if this had already been done) you could perhaps make something like a pet hippogriff or pegasus.

not sure, im just putting something out there, if i got something wrong my bad cuz im not entirely educated on this kinda thing yet

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10138
heyguysitstinsel on Jun 13, 2017 wrote:
idk if this is old or not but i kinda wanted to put something in anyways :P
i always thought it would be cool if there were little pet mice in here with a little pirate outfit getup,or, if you want something new (or maybe new cuz im not sure if this had already been done) you could perhaps make something like a pet hippogriff or pegasus.

not sure, im just putting something out there, if i got something wrong my bad cuz im not entirely educated on this kinda thing yet
Your ideas are great and there is no limit on imagination.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
631
anecorbie on Jun 13, 2017 wrote:
Your ideas are great and there is no limit on imagination.
well said!

i love how creative all your ideas have been :3 i know Decius loves reading these types of posts too even if he's too busy to comment he tends to be highly supportive of people whimsies <3

stormy jen silver

Ensign
Feb 26, 2012
8
Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
163
I would love a mini samurai as a pet( or a mini knight)

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1439
How about a pet snail? Could make for some funny combat animations, slapping the enemy with a slimy foot, moving slowly, then a spinning shell flies up into the air for a ninja like attack.
For a real slime attack, they could make a Hagfish, and give it a little witch hat.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
520
a fox pet! ooh ooh and a robot like the mechs from wizzy's celestia!

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
520
um...... if any of you have read the "gameknight999" books, like I have, there was a character named crafter. maybe a little minecraft villager as a pet or something that goes "hurrm or hurrg" every once in a while? ooh it could be called a "lil' villager" or what ever it was, i just want 'lil' in the name. ooh and a mini lich king! ooh and what I call "a frightmare" its like a centaur, but they have wings, and they are part monster, and they are girls. you could make one for each of the classes! and boy frightmares too! basically centaurs, with wings for the guy ones. please! a fox would be nice, and a skunk pet please! or a skunk companion! that would be awesome. any of these would be great

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1439
thedragonpirate245... on Aug 14, 2017 wrote:
um...... if any of you have read the "gameknight999" books, like I have, there was a character named crafter. maybe a little minecraft villager as a pet or something that goes "hurrm or hurrg" every once in a while? ooh it could be called a "lil' villager" or what ever it was, i just want 'lil' in the name. ooh and a mini lich king! ooh and what I call "a frightmare" its like a centaur, but they have wings, and they are part monster, and they are girls. you could make one for each of the classes! and boy frightmares too! basically centaurs, with wings for the guy ones. please! a fox would be nice, and a skunk pet please! or a skunk companion! that would be awesome. any of these would be great
I like the idea of a skunk pet or companion, sounds interesting. Would be very interesting as a talking member of the crew, perhaps with a Polaran accent.

Captain
Apr 24, 2016
520
Calamity Finch on Aug 15, 2017 wrote:
I like the idea of a skunk pet or companion, sounds interesting. Would be very interesting as a talking member of the crew, perhaps with a Polaran accent.
yeah! that would be awesome.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
631
great to see all these wonderful suggestions!! like holy cow they're just great! o hmm a holy cow? hole-y like swiss cheese? xD no not a real suggestion but april fools crazy pets would be so fun.. topsy-turvey turtle that slides along on its back? circus puppies popping through hoops? gimme a sneezing unicorn with rainbow hair and sparkles flying everywhere? mini-decius? xD
stormy jen silver