Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ginger Cat

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hello, I 'm very happy that this new pet isn't a creepy-crawly but it's as cute as can be! ( A little expensive in the Crown Department ).
My Ginger Cat:
Big Rocky
Pedigree 265
level 11
has manifested a common talent: Enhanced Movement 1
Snacks I've tried so far: Loves - Beast Wellington, Fish Fingers & Custard and Marleymite Sandwich. Likes - Licksickles and Cupcake. So Marleybone snacks seem the ones to use.
I will continue reporting on any developments.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Jan 11, 2016 wrote:
Hello, I 'm very happy that this new pet isn't a creepy-crawly but it's as cute as can be! ( A little expensive in the Crown Department ).
My Ginger Cat:
Big Rocky
Pedigree 265
level 11
Snacks I've tried so far: Loves - Beast Wellington, Fish Fingers & Custard and Marleymite Sandwich. Likes - Licksickles and Cupcake. So Marleybone snacks seem the ones to use.
More like least pricey pet in the Crowns Shop, but nevertheless, a cool new pet. Can't wait to spar any of my pets against your new pet in the arena!

Admiral
May 30, 2010
My Milo now has Enhanced Damage 1 as his first talent. Sadly, he's in fierce competition with the snowfall fawns for the snacks he loves, slowing everyone down. Must pillage my other pirates for their Marleybone Main courses (and their snowfall fawns, to be fair).

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
My Ginger Cat:
Big Rocky
Pedigree 265
level 11
It's a cool looking pet! It reminds me of the pet in the "Pet" puppet show that was on the number 1 pedestal. According to the Pirate101 Facebook post, if you morph two of tem together, you get a new hybrid.
~ Lv. 65
~ Lv. 65
~ Lv. 53
~ Lv. 18
~ Lv. 15

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Grizzley117 on Jan 11, 2016 wrote:
It's a cool looking pet! It reminds me of the pet in the "Pet" puppet show that was on the number 1 pedestal. According to the Pirate101 Facebook post, if you morph two of tem together, you get a new hybrid.
~ Lv. 65
~ Lv. 65
~ Lv. 53
~ Lv. 18
~ Lv. 15
Cool! What is the hybrid?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Anecorbie, I think it is Marleybone main dishes they love.

At 30, Amber has the talents Witch Hunter 2 (Rare, 1st slot) and Extra Will 1 (Uncommon, 9th slot).
Her Power = Grants Triton's Song (Ultra-rare, 10th slot).

Two Ginger Cars make a Midnight Cat (dark gray with black stripes).

-Indigo

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
Haven't the faintest idea:) But as soon as someone gets it, be sure to post what it is.
~ Lv. 65
~ Lv. 65
~ Lv. 53
~ Lv. 18
~ Lv. 15

Admiral
May 30, 2010
It's a gray and black tabby (OK, it's like the tiger cub) called a midnight cat cub? It has little white mittens, just adding to the adorableness.

Like its parents, it loves Marleybone Main Courses, go figure.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Well so far - morphing a ginger cat with a ginger cat has produced nine different hybrids
sandy
tabby
midnight
ghostly
chocolate
lilac
goodbye
grey
tawny

so just a few there

I really hope that this is not some distraction to make us forget about wanting a new world

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Big Rocky is now level 21 and has manifested a power called: Cloud Stalker ( AoE 37 damage, gives an agility boost + 50 agility for 2 rounds . )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jan 12, 2016 wrote:
It's a gray and black tabby (OK, it's like the tiger cub) called a midnight cat cub? It has little white mittens, just adding to the adorableness.

Like its parents, it loves Marleybone Main Courses, go figure.
Aww, that's just too cute! It seems I need to garner more gold ( well, back to that Tower! )

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Krigleblort on Jan 12, 2016 wrote:
Well so far - morphing a ginger cat with a ginger cat has produced nine different hybrids
sandy
tabby
midnight
ghostly
chocolate
lilac
goodbye
grey
tawny

so just a few there

I really hope that this is not some distraction to make us forget about wanting a new world
Nine hybrids?! That must be a record. Lol, nine as in nine lives of a cat?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Aha! Thanks, Krigleblort. Fiorenza and I morphed our Gingers once and came up with the Midnight cub. Then we went off morphing them with other pets - didn't think to morph them together again.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I predict that Skull Island will soon have an explosion in the cat population.....

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Jan 12, 2016 wrote:
I like how you think. I wouldn't put it past Decius to have put that very connection in it's abilities to morph.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
I am so allergic to cats, can you hear me sneezing all the way from Bestia?
Achoooo

Well I am very glad you are all having fun with our new feline friends. I can't take all the credit for this one. I have been teaching the secrets of Bestia and the Morphing tent to another person here. They have gone wild and embraced their animal side with more new pets than you can shake a stick at.
Be ware shaking a stick at some of them, they might take that stick and your arm too!

You found these cats so quickly, but there are so many spiders out there I made that you haven't found yet. I think my spiders are sad, they don't think you love them as much as cats.
You can kind of cuddle a spider.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Jan 13, 2016 wrote:
Achoooo

Well I am very glad you are all having fun with our new feline friends. I can't take all the credit for this one. I have been teaching the secrets of Bestia and the Morphing tent to another person here. They have gone wild and embraced their animal side with more new pets than you can shake a stick at.
Be ware shaking a stick at some of them, they might take that stick and your arm too!

You found these cats so quickly, but there are so many spiders out there I made that you haven't found yet. I think my spiders are sad, they don't think you love them as much as cats.
Well, Decius, as a recovered anachaphobe, ( aw heck with the spelling! ) scared of spiders. My Coral spider, Muffin, was for the longest time my equipped pet ( as an artist I really appreciate how they look ). I know you can hold a tarantula and stroke them ( I haven't got to that stage, yet ) like a cat.
Don't you know that P101 is filled with cat-lovers?

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Pirates LIKE cats - because they eat all the rats on our ships

Petty Officer
Sep 17, 2011
cute new pet. liking the new "hybrid focused" pet. Just got a Sandy Cat myself, (354 rating), from hatching 2 gingers. Happy hybrid hunting with this new pet sounds like a lot of hybrids so far from this pet and more to be discovered hopefully.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Big Rocky is now an adult. He has got Witchhunter for 2 ranks.
Decius, I would like to boost this pet's pedigree and gain some better talents in its gene pool, can I morph with an other pet or is this pet only exclusively to morph with other Ginger Cats?

Ensign
Feb 15, 2010
I still vote on Potbelly pig! In honor of my friends pig Elliot. Who unlike a Cat, can fetch papers and feed a family.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
bruno mars on Jan 14, 2016 wrote:
I still vote on Potbelly pig! In honor of my friends pig Elliot. Who unlike a Cat, can fetch papers and feed a family.
potbelly pig would be adorables :3
stormy jen silver

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 12, 2016 wrote:
lol 9 lives lololol

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Jan 13, 2016 wrote:
Achoooo

I for one LOVE spiders.. and am VERY curious as to how many lovely and unique combinations you made :3 though I am glad you were finally given a competent helper, I must say Decius, that 99% of the hybrids you created are amazing.. we enjoy the fact that they arent just simple recolors but that each we truly unique pieces of artwork.. though a hint or 2 would be lovely sir :3

like.. itsy bitsy spider? or a peacock spider? the crowd yells: hint hint hint! XD jk but yes am looking forward to the day we find an icy spider or even skeletor spider.. oo have a clear and ghostly one? or even the "banana spider" I once suggested.. :3
pretty sure anything you created will be "out of this world" amazing!
stormy jen silver

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 14, 2016 wrote:
Big Rocky is now an adult. He has got Witchhunter for 2 ranks.
Decius, I would like to boost this pet's pedigree and gain some better talents in its gene pool, can I morph with an other pet or is this pet only exclusively to morph with other Ginger Cats?
NVM, I just found that answer for myself. Yes, I can boost pedigree and get another Ginger Cat by morphing with a different pet! ( Now I'm out of gold x sigh x back to the Tower. )