Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Too many Clocktopi

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
The Clocktopus is a hybrid, right? And hybrids are supposed to be a rare result of morphing two specific pets, right? Well for some reason this hybrid of the Inky Octopus and Clockwork Spider is behaving like a first-generation pet. Usually, morphing with a hybrid would give you one of the two parent pets or the pet you're attempting to morph the hybrid with. I first got the Clocktopus from morphing with another pirate's Clockwork Spider. So I've been morphing with the Clocktopus to try and get that spider, 'cause I don't have the crowns to keep buying the pack hoping to get lucky, but all I'm getting is that same Clocktopus hybrid over and over again. I know a lot of pirates out there probably hate me for wanting to make this hybrid as difficult to get as the rest of them, but fair is fair and getting it this easy defeats the purpose of the hybrid system anyway.

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Serpent10611 on Nov 10, 2014 wrote:
The Clocktopus is a hybrid, right? And hybrids are supposed to be a rare result of morphing two specific pets, right? Well for some reason this hybrid of the Inky Octopus and Clockwork Spider is behaving like a first-generation pet. Usually, morphing with a hybrid would give you one of the two parent pets or the pet you're attempting to morph the hybrid with. I first got the Clocktopus from morphing with another pirate's Clockwork Spider. So I've been morphing with the Clocktopus to try and get that spider, 'cause I don't have the crowns to keep buying the pack hoping to get lucky, but all I'm getting is that same Clocktopus hybrid over and over again. I know a lot of pirates out there probably hate me for wanting to make this hybrid as difficult to get as the rest of them, but fair is fair and getting it this easy defeats the purpose of the hybrid system anyway.
Two Words... Blue Ostrich.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hey there Serpent.

In my vast morphing experiences I have seen that there are 2 types of hybrids. Forgive me if I don't use proper morphing terminology but there are hybrids you can direct morph with to get that same hybrid and hybrids that you simply must use both parents every time, whether solo or with a morphing partner, in order to reproduce or get that hybrid. The Bullrog and Grimtooth Reaper are 2 of the latter types of hybrids (as well as a few others out there). So if you morph with one of them you will always either receive a parent of the hybrid for the pet or the other pet used in the morphing process. So if you want a Mini-Minotaur and/or Fire Toad, you can direct morph with someone's Bullrog and have a great chance of getting one of it's parents.

For the vast majority of the hybrids that you can direct morph with, such as the Clocktopus-- in my experiences, you will always either receive the hybrid (the Clocktopus) or the other pet used in the morphing process. Meaning you will never get a parent back. I have morphed probably, and this is not an exaggeration, a hundred plus times with these able-to-direct-morph hybrids and I have never gotten a parent back. It has always been the hybrid or the other pet used in the morph. The only times I have ever received a parent back are with the hybrids that you can not direct morph with in order to produce that same hybrid. And I have direct morphed with the Clocktopus probably some 30+ times and never received a parent from it.

Now I can't say that this is or will always hold 100% true, but for me personally, in the case of morphing with/for hybrids at least a hundred times, it has held up 100% of the time.

So with my experiences, I would say that you would be better off trying to get the Clockwork Spider by direct morphing with it, with someone else who already has one at adult. From my experiences, you will probably never receive it, from morphing with the Clocktopus or if it is not one of the 2 pets used in the morphing process.

I do have several Clockwork Spiders, so if you would like to arrange to meet up to morph and try for one, I would be happy to help you out. Either way, best of luck getting that Spider and with your future morphing endeavors.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
That is correct. There are currently 2 types of Hybrid.
Type 1. Can morph more of its own kind.
Type 2. Can not morph more of its own kind, but that of its previous generation.

In the future there may be some more twists on this, but for now this is how it works.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Nov 10, 2014 wrote:
Hey there Serpent.

In my vast morphing experiences I have seen that there are 2 types of hybrids. Forgive me if I don't use proper morphing terminology but there are hybrids you can direct morph with to get that same hybrid and hybrids that you simply must use both parents every time, whether solo or with a morphing partner, in order to reproduce or get that hybrid. The Bullrog and Grimtooth Reaper are 2 of the latter types of hybrids (as well as a few others out there). So if you morph with one of them you will always either receive a parent of the hybrid for the pet or the other pet used in the morphing process. So if you want a Mini-Minotaur and/or Fire Toad, you can direct morph with someone's Bullrog and have a great chance of getting one of it's parents.

For the vast majority of the hybrids that you can direct morph with, such as the Clocktopus-- in my experiences, you will always either receive the hybrid (the Clocktopus) or the other pet used in the morphing process. Meaning you will never get a parent back. I have morphed probably, and this is not an exaggeration, a hundred plus times with these able-to-direct-morph hybrids and I have never gotten a parent back. It has always been the hybrid or the other pet used in the morph. The only times I have ever received a parent back are with the hybrids that you can not direct morph with in order to produce that same hybrid. And I have direct morphed with the Clocktopus probably some 30+ times and never received a parent from it.

Now I can't say that this is or will always hold 100% true, but for me personally, in the case of morphing with/for hybrids at least a hundred times, it has held up 100% of the time.

So with my experiences, I would say that you would be better off trying to get the Clockwork Spider by direct morphing with it, with someone else who already has one at adult. From my experiences, you will probably never receive it, from morphing with the Clocktopus or if it is not one of the 2 pets used in the morphing process.

I do have several Clockwork Spiders, so if you would like to arrange to meet up to morph and try for one, I would be happy to help you out. Either way, best of luck getting that Spider and with your future morphing endeavors.
Thank you for explaining it, Valkoor. I was just confused about how morphing with this hybrid was supposed to be set up. I mean.....the Blue Ostrich and the Skull Island Macaw I can understand, the required parent is an exclusive pet, but the Inky Octopus and Clockwork Spider are not exclusive pets. I know some might argue that the octopus is because it's gained through Pet Wranglin', but so is the Violet Bubblefish and I've been unsuccessful in morphing a Thorny Toad ever since its discovery.
BTW, I thank you for offering to help, but I'd rather not arrange any meeting because I don't want to waste your time (and gold) or mine trying to find each other (not to mention the time it takes for messages to show in the forums, then for you to see it) and neither of us know each other's pattern of time playing (not that we should in the first place). However, if we do manage to run into each other, my pirate's name is Golden Mycin Inglewood; lvl 65 Witchdoctor.
Oh, and one other thing. Since you seem to have so much experience with morphing, if it's not too much trouble, could you make a list of the hybrids that morph like first-generation pets; just so other pirates and I aren't wasting time and gold on chanceless morphing (or so we can find new opportunities)? Thanks again

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Thank you for explaining it, Valkoor. I was just confused about how morphing with this hybrid was supposed to be set up. I mean.....the Blue Ostrich and the Skull Island Macaw I can understand, the required parent is an exclusive pet, but the Inky Octopus and Clockwork Spider are not exclusive pets. I know some might argue that the octopus is because it's gained through Pet Wranglin', but so is the Violet Bubblefish and I've been unsuccessful in morphing a Thorny Toad ever since its discovery.
BTW, I thank you for offering to help, but I'd rather not arrange any meeting because I don't want to waste your time (and gold) or mine trying to find each other (not to mention the time it takes for messages to show in the forums, then for you to see it) and neither of us know each other's pattern of time playing (not that we should in the first place). However, if we do manage to run into each other, my pirate's name is Golden Mycin Inglewood; lvl 65 Witchdoctor.
Oh, and one other thing. Since you seem to have so much experience with morphing, if it's not too much trouble, could you make a list of the hybrids that morph like first-generation pets; just so other pirates and I aren't wasting time and gold on chanceless morphing (or so we can find new opportunities)? Thanks again
Glad to help out a bit and you are quite welcome!

I fully understand about the issues over scheduling a meet up, just wanted to throw the offer out there. And don't worry I waste gold and time daily on morphing and trying for certain traits to manifest.....or for raising pedigree.....or for hybrid hunting-- but fortunately these days, it's not too difficult to 'restock the vault'. Yes, I'm a confessed Morphaholic!

I'll keep an eye out for you in the Spiral and in the tent, and if you ever happen to see a Two-faced Valkoor Ohlen passed out in the tent.....well, that's surely me. So, just throw some cold water on his face and we can absolutely try some morphing.

I'll post those other hybrids, but I want to make sure I have all of my info correct. There are some I am 100% sure about and a couple that I have heard are not able to be direct morphed with (Decius's Type 2) but would like to have 100% verification before I post them-- if it means me morphing countless times, I surely do it! But I will get them posted as soon as possible.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
You guys might want to add the Golden Dragon to that list! I morphed my Golden Dragon with someone, and he and I got the Golden Dragon on the first shot, which is almost unheard of! Nearly 460 Pedigree on that dragon.......