Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Holly Jolly Roger Companion

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Ahoy everyone! For everyone reading this, I'd like to say that this was a very successful Christmas in July. I managed to pick up all the Christmas companions, but I noticed one thing that struck me as odd. This was the Holly Jolly Roger companion. I am sure we all know that this companion is a Musketeer companion. With that being said, I found out that it can learn the epic "Cheap Shot" which is odd since Holly Jolly Roger is a Musketeer. My question is simple. Is Holly Jolly Roger being able to learn Cheap Shot (NOT Parting Shot) intentional or is it a bug? Thanks and good luck in Pirate101 fellow Pirates!
Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver (Max Swashbuckler)
Corrupt Zane Silver (Max Privateer)
Dark Blaze Sharp (Max Witchdoctor)
Sly Brady Silver (Level 16 Musketeer in Training)

Lieutenant
Oct 28, 2012
I think it might be intentional because he has been able to learn cheap shot ever since he was released (which was last Christmas I think?)

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Well, he does have a hook where his other hand would be, so theoretically he could do a combo attack. I can't recall his Cheap Shot ever activating, but I forget which character's has that Epic Talent...

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Willowydream on Jul 30, 2017 wrote:
Well, he does have a hook where his other hand would be, so theoretically he could do a combo attack. I can't recall his Cheap Shot ever activating, but I forget which character's has that Epic Talent...

That's the thing.I forgot to mention in my previous post, but I did train Cheap Shot on my own Holly Jolly Roger companion. I had to then reset him because his Cheap Shot never seemed to activate when the enemy disengaged. You are right though, he does have a hook so he is capable of making a melee attack. Kinda odd how his Cheap Shot never activates though.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
I do believe this is a glitch as Holly Jolly Roger can learn the same epic talents as Bones McGee except Bones McGee can learn parting shot and Holly Jolly Roger can learn cheap shot. Holly Jolly Roger needs to have his epic abilities list updated from cheap shot to parting shot.