Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Petition to Keep Blind Mew as Lead Writer for Future Pirate101 Updates

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Title says it all. I know the man is busy of course with his responsibilities regarding Wizard101, but, if Pirate101 is to be updated, I don't see a positive future where Blind Mew isn't on board. The story of Pirate101 is honestly what not only carries the game, but ties the combat, the playerbase, the area design, and everything together. While it is scrapped and I of course don't want to linger on the past, the original story arc and the dynamic between Kane & Abel is absolute genius, especially considering Pirate101 is "just a kid's game".

I know Falmea's post mentioned hiring "more developers and staff members" for the Pirate101 team, and while I certainly want the game to grow, I can't see it being the same without Blind Mew leading the way.

A Concerned Pirate,
Alex

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Jan 25, 2021 wrote:
Title says it all. I know the man is busy of course with his responsibilities regarding Wizard101, but, if Pirate101 is to be updated, I don't see a positive future where Blind Mew isn't on board. The story of Pirate101 is honestly what not only carries the game, but ties the combat, the playerbase, the area design, and everything together. While it is scrapped and I of course don't want to linger on the past, the original story arc and the dynamic between Kane & Abel is absolute genius, especially considering Pirate101 is "just a kid's game".

I know Falmea's post mentioned hiring "more developers and staff members" for the Pirate101 team, and while I certainly want the game to grow, I can't see it being the same without Blind Mew leading the way.

A Concerned Pirate,
Alex
I agree, it would be difficult to find a lead writer with the skill, knowledge ( historic and anthorpological) that Blind Mew has demonstrated (not to mention his sense of humor).

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
The story arcs have been excellent in Pirate101 and has been better than the storylines that are in Wizard101. I do hope the trend continues.

Ensign
Jan 26, 2017
Here's a quote from him on the Wizard101 thread titled "Greetings Wizards!"

December 3rd 2018 Blind Mew aka The Curator
"Pirate is not folding. Progress is slow, and there's much less for me to do there than I'd like, but I haven't forgotten it to work on Wizard. When I can say more about story updates, I will. Trust me."

Based on this quote I'm pretty sure Blind Mew will be the lead writer if pirate101 is to get more story updates (And honestly I agree with you 100% it wouldn't be the same without him.)

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011
Whole-heartedly agree. The story we got was great, and the story he had planned was even better. I can't wait to see what Pirate's future would look like with him still on board. I think other great writers are out there, but Mew has both the skill and the history with the game and characters to put it together.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
I agree. I fail to see why Blind Mew wouldn't be leading story development for Pirate101 but I agree that he is the best at it. I am certain of his skill at what he does, so I wholeheartedly support this.