Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

An Update on Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Since this thread hasn't been locked yet, I'm going to ask again whether or not there will be an actual Producer's Letter for Pirate101 in the near future?

Administrator
Willowydream on Jan 5, 2021 wrote:
Since this thread hasn't been locked yet, I'm going to ask again whether or not there will be an actual Producer's Letter for Pirate101 in the near future?

We want the Producer's Letters to be as useful and worthwhile to read as possible, so another one may not be released until a milestone of some sort has been obtained, such as the development of a patch or content update, etc.

Ensign
Oct 11, 2010
Bat Masterson on Jan 5, 2021 wrote:
We want the Producer's Letters to be as useful and worthwhile to read as possible, so another one may not be released until a milestone of some sort has been obtained, such as the development of a patch or content update, etc.
Are there plans to do something like this in the future?

Ensign
Sep 13, 2014
anecorbie on Dec 7, 2020 wrote:
And what's wrong with having our foster mother or siblings in our crew instead? Who will teach the early Balance spells to Ravenwood students if Wethersfield leaves?

I'm really not interested in having Wizard NPCs join our crew. But "yar" for suggesting that KI does something for us.....
I really like this I'd it would be nice if the team would take this idea into thought. But in general I believe that there is so much open for pirate cause currently the game is just a sitting duck doing nothing other than a few updates. But it would be nice more of pirate like El dorado and more lands and worlds to explore. Hopefully in the future these Updates will show more progress to something bigger. I shall to continue to support the game and see were the trade-winds take us.

- Silver Roslyn Dove

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
Klaus the Architec... on Oct 15, 2020 wrote:
I posted this in another thread but, I will say it again. I find it hard to believe you guys "care." Yes, I am rediscovering the game, you are correct. However, I left because of the neglect and I want to relive this fantastic game before it inevitably gets shutdown and lost to history. I come back and there is basically nothing new. I don't see how we are "cared" for at all. At the very least, there is a lot of PvP and bug fixes that can be done (someone should make a thread about it because I am not qualified enough). For example, Haywire Shot is a gun art but activates blade storm?? You guys seemingly can't even throw us bones that small.
My hybrid characters rely upon gunfire and sniper shot activating their blade attacks. It is so much fun to shoot off into the distance triggering attacking up close. This complaint of yours should never be fixed, as it would largely ruin how I play.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Dec 22, 2020 wrote:
Since we've been told that no new world is coming, I agree that current content needs expanding (like maybe spectating) and balancing in Ranked PVP is needed. (At this time, it's most likely where this game is getting money.)
Maybe some new pet content as well...
Without new worlds in the works, I'd really like to have PvP be given attention, as PvP can at least be a fun end game endeavor. More PvP boards of various sizes, locations, and obstacles, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 ranked PvP. That sort of thing.

New max level boss towers could also be added into any and every world.

Ensign
Apr 04, 2009
I understand that this game has yet to recive a new world or updates for.....awhile, while Keremelle is the new world of Wizard101 (one i hope comes here and we can sail in a gingerbread ship with frosting, be candy pirates)

i would ask about the conflicting tones of the game, while something like cool ranch is fine in its own regard as a western world, it just struck me as.......very out of place in a pirate themed game, going from sailing the skyways as a classic pirate even with the monkestidors that had the classic pirate stuff with a Spanish theme to it then dealing with the armada in a steampunk style world mixed with former utopia stuff, then from that ......cowboys and indians? the theme just went off the track with that one, i would have thought we would go to grizzlehiem to play around with Vikings or visit marlybone and deal with "the redcoats" and the pirates there.

so for any new world I would ask specificly, are you going to try and go into the "Land pirate" theme? that cool ranch did? or are you going to stick with normal piracy that i think all of us came to the game for?

I sure hope so cause going from classic pirates to lone ranger was jarring to say the least.

cool ranch would have worked better as a Wiz world, with their wizards using "weird science" to cast spells, a real weird west setting

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
hatter999. on Jan 16, 2021 wrote:
I understand that this game has yet to recive a new world or updates for.....awhile, while Keremelle is the new world of Wizard101 (one i hope comes here and we can sail in a gingerbread ship with frosting, be candy pirates)

i would ask about the conflicting tones of the game, while something like cool ranch is fine in its own regard as a western world, it just struck me as.......very out of place in a pirate themed game, going from sailing the skyways as a classic pirate even with the monkestidors that had the classic pirate stuff with a Spanish theme to it then dealing with the armada in a steampunk style world mixed with former utopia stuff, then from that ......cowboys and indians? the theme just went off the track with that one, i would have thought we would go to grizzlehiem to play around with Vikings or visit marlybone and deal with "the redcoats" and the pirates there.

so for any new world I would ask specificly, are you going to try and go into the "Land pirate" theme? that cool ranch did? or are you going to stick with normal piracy that i think all of us came to the game for?

I sure hope so cause going from classic pirates to lone ranger was jarring to say the least.

cool ranch would have worked better as a Wiz world, with their wizards using "weird science" to cast spells, a real weird west setting
I believe that CR was intended to be a Wizard world, however, despite the length and "weirdness", the companions are worth it.
If we do get an update, I think a return to our pirate roots would be great!
If you haven't played beyond the first part of CR, be of good cheer - we go to Skull Island and after completing CR, you get MooShu, then Marleybone.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
*Waves at old friends, all around*.

Miss you all. Miss the game.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Indigo Ring on Feb 3, 2021 wrote:
*Waves at old friends, all around*.

Miss you all. Miss the game.

-Indigo
Welcome back to the boards, Rogan et al!

Ensign
Oct 04, 2020
Honestly, I’d love to see the addition of a guild (or fleet) system, something that rewards community gameplay or solo players that make friends. This would help revamp the game in a number of ways I believe, especially partnered with other new world updates. I personally would love to invite my friends to play if we could form a guild. That, or large scale battles where we can use half or all of our companions, because otherwise, there’s very little point to collecting a lot of companions.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
If you have nothing meaningful to add, as in world or activities... at least raise the level cap. How hard can it be? We got max pirates sitting on 20+ pages of side quests, and personally I dont do them just because I am max level (and max nautical).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Silver Angel on Feb 14, 2021 wrote:
If you have nothing meaningful to add, as in world or activities... at least raise the level cap. How hard can it be? We got max pirates sitting on 20+ pages of side quests, and personally I dont do them just because I am max level (and max nautical).
Do any of those quests offer tomes? Those are worth doing even at max level.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
anecorbie on Feb 17, 2021 wrote:
Do any of those quests offer tomes? Those are worth doing even at max level.
Yes but since all my companions are 70... why bother?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Silver Angel on Feb 18, 2021 wrote:
Yes but since all my companions are 70... why bother?
So you can be prepared for the update (maybe)? I collected tomes even when my companions didn't "need" them - I have over 30 tomes now, ready to go!

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
anecorbie on Feb 18, 2021 wrote:
So you can be prepared for the update (maybe)? I collected tomes even when my companions didn't "need" them - I have over 30 tomes now, ready to go!
I am ready, I have 20 tomes ... I'll get more if the need ever arises ...

Still, that doesnt solve the 20+ pages of other sidequests :P

Ensign
Apr 04, 2020
I suppose since this hasn't been locked yet I'll throw my two cents in.

I've only recently gotten into pirate - a few months ago.
This game has so much potential, but it was abandoned for the sister game Wizard101.

From what I've read side systems like crafting have been promised since release - 8 years ago. More story has been teased for 4 years, yet all that's come during this break from releasing further story content is a few side key bosses which overall aren't worth it to farm.

Can we please get some sort of producers letter, or even just community post, talking about the ideas you have for the game? At least let us know you have been thinking about the game?

From what it seems, all this community wants is some transparency.
I feel like this is especially needed since the acquisition has just happened. At least ask the community what we want?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Silver Angel on Feb 20, 2021 wrote:
I am ready, I have 20 tomes ... I'll get more if the need ever arises ...

Still, that doesnt solve the 20+ pages of other sidequests :P
Ratbeard once replied to someone who was concerned about "losing experience" that there will always be enough experience to get you through the game.
If, however, you want to be over-leveled when the new update is released, that's another thing.
I've been playing this game from the beginning and I've always hit max level at the end of game sequences. I had to finish every main and side quest to get to the current max, and I don't feel that you ought to be rewarded extra levels, simply because you chose to not finish quests.
ONTH, if KI included some quests that rewarded players like me those extra bits of experience so that everyone could reach level 75, then I'ld be for it!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
My "forward" thinking post was aimed at anecorbie's tome hoarding, not Zleraa's post.

I am looking forward to hearing how Pirate's future might be changing due to recent Events. Hope springs eternal, after all.

-Indigo

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
anecorbie on Feb 22, 2021 wrote:
Ratbeard once replied to someone who was concerned about "losing experience" that there will always be enough experience to get you through the game.
If, however, you want to be over-leveled when the new update is released, that's another thing.
I've been playing this game from the beginning and I've always hit max level at the end of game sequences. I had to finish every main and side quest to get to the current max, and I don't feel that you ought to be rewarded extra levels, simply because you chose to not finish quests.
ONTH, if KI included some quests that rewarded players like me those extra bits of experience so that everyone could reach level 75, then I'ld be for it!
That's the problem, there is too much experience around. And level cap is too low.

Suppose level cap was 100, everyone could do all side quests without fear of wasting exp, and hardcore players could even go farm exp after that.

Obviously, if it were to happen, next content update would need to match that new level cap.

75 is still too low, that's barely 10-15 quests and there would still be many pages of side quests left.

Honestly why are there so many side quests?

Another solution would be to remove exp/nautical exp from certain quests and offer different rewards instead, could be anything: training tomes, practice points, gear, abilities, pet snacks, crafting mats ...

The point is not to be "overlevelled", but to optimize the rewards you are offered. I have no interest in doing stuff that gives me rewards I have enough of.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Silver Angel on Feb 23, 2021 wrote:
That's the problem, there is too much experience around. And level cap is too low.

Suppose level cap was 100, everyone could do all side quests without fear of wasting exp, and hardcore players could even go farm exp after that.

Obviously, if it were to happen, next content update would need to match that new level cap.

75 is still too low, that's barely 10-15 quests and there would still be many pages of side quests left.

Honestly why are there so many side quests?

Another solution would be to remove exp/nautical exp from certain quests and offer different rewards instead, could be anything: training tomes, practice points, gear, abilities, pet snacks, crafting mats ...

The point is not to be "overlevelled", but to optimize the rewards you are offered. I have no interest in doing stuff that gives me rewards I have enough of.
I mentioned level 75 because there is a photo of a level 75 buck (I forget which newsletter it was) and a level 75 promoted Hawkulese.
Side quests are there to help you gain more experience; as I said before, my main account pirates finished at max level at MooShu, Aquila & VA2 during side as well as main quest lines. In fact, just doing the main quests of VA2 only took me to level 68 - I needed those side quests to finish.
I blame the Blood Shoals reboot, it gave too much experience imo and later pirates have been over-leveled ever since then.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
anecorbie on Feb 24, 2021 wrote:
I mentioned level 75 because there is a photo of a level 75 buck (I forget which newsletter it was) and a level 75 promoted Hawkulese.
Side quests are there to help you gain more experience; as I said before, my main account pirates finished at max level at MooShu, Aquila & VA2 during side as well as main quest lines. In fact, just doing the main quests of VA2 only took me to level 68 - I needed those side quests to finish.
I blame the Blood Shoals reboot, it gave too much experience imo and later pirates have been over-leveled ever since then.
People (myself included) tend to do side quests after they reached a new world because the difficulty scaled.

I remember what a pain it was to kill buffaloons around level 20 ...

But then you reach max level before you finish the storyline if you do too many side quests, there's a problem somewhere ...

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
anecorbie on Feb 24, 2021 wrote:
I agree with the blood shoals expansion problem.

I've been running a brand new musketeer through the game lately, she's the first pirate I've had since the blood shoals quests were expanded. I have been doing all available side quests as I go through the story; and I have found that my musketeer does tend to be over leveled both in character levels and nautical levels. She's maybe a quarter of the way through Cool Ranch, and is already able to use the Marleybone Skiff. She doesn't have access to Port Regal yet, but is leveled up enough for it. (I had another pirate smuggle her into Port Regal, cause what's piracy without a bit of smuggling?)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Feb 26, 2021 wrote:
I agree with the blood shoals expansion problem.

I've been running a brand new musketeer through the game lately, she's the first pirate I've had since the blood shoals quests were expanded. I have been doing all available side quests as I go through the story; and I have found that my musketeer does tend to be over leveled both in character levels and nautical levels. She's maybe a quarter of the way through Cool Ranch, and is already able to use the Marleybone Skiff. She doesn't have access to Port Regal yet, but is leveled up enough for it. (I had another pirate smuggle her into Port Regal, cause what's piracy without a bit of smuggling?)
I did the same for my later accounts!