For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Revive Pirate101

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
Bat Masterson on May 19, 2020 wrote:
Hey all! Popping in here to update you. We're still at the stage when we put out the last producer's letter. We're supporting the community in every other way we can right now, as you know. I wish I could give you more news :(.
Absolutely useless reply as usual. We know why "we're at the stage..." - 100 % of KI time and resources are going to W101.
We need Leah Ruben to address this issue.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
829
Bat Masterson on May 19, 2020 wrote:
Hey all! Popping in here to update you. We're still at the stage when we put out the last producer's letter. We're supporting the community in every other way we can right now, as you know. I wish I could give you more news :(.
I'm sorry myself, Bat, but this is not good enough of a reply.

We have been left alone, practically becoming obsolete due to three years of nothing less than ignorance and negligence. The 'always supporting the community' mentioned in the newsletter has not been upheld. Need proof? For those three years we have been begging for attention, and have consistently gotten a response similar to the one you just provided.

Now I will ask you this: If Kingsisle Entertainment cannot maintain its own game and keep even the most loyal and dedicated players happy, then what reason have I to trust their decisions? You can consider yourself very lucky that some of us are even still giving you a chance.

If you cannot move from "I'm sorry, we've got nothing" to AT LEAST "Something is coming, but it might take a while" then we have EVERY RIGHT reject Kingsisle's decisions. Know that it really hurts me to say this.

You have until mid-July of this year to make steps toward reviving Pirate101. After that, you are no longer the Kingsisle Entertainment I knew as a child. Make sure the development team knows this.

Ensign
Jun 01, 2017
17
Bat Masterson on May 19, 2020 wrote:
Hey all! Popping in here to update you. We're still at the stage when we put out the last producer's letter. We're supporting the community in every other way we can right now, as you know. I wish I could give you more news :(.
I appreciate your honesty Bat. The question is, how long will you stay in that stage?

Ensign
Dec 05, 2012
13
Hey, I've been playing this game since 2012, in fact I made my account as soon as it was announced, and until now I never had a reason to post on these forums/message boards, but I've been holding hope that maybe there might be an update in the works. I'm sure it's just me holding onto false hopes but I really love this game, and it's one of the best games I've ever played. Its future looked so bright when it first started but since 2015 it's been pretty downhill, I wouldn't even care if it was a small story update, or if it was a huge story update, I just want to see this game and the community get the story it deserves. I'm going to keep playing but i want some updates. This community deserves real updates that will make the game better not small insignificant updates.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
1207
Bat Masterson on May 19, 2020 wrote:
Hey all! Popping in here to update you. We're still at the stage when we put out the last producer's letter. We're supporting the community in every other way we can right now, as you know. I wish I could give you more news :(.
Which is what, occasionally sneaking onto the message boards to drop bad news? Man, Bat, what did you do that they shoved P101 and it's increasingly restless & resentful players off on you?

It'd be nice if just once you could come in and tell us something really good, like "hey, we're adding crafting/fishing/some other side gig to keep you occupied" and have it come true. Heck, give us a new house. How hard are houses to do? They can't be that hard; Wizard seems to get a new one every quarter.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
153
Bat Masterson on May 19, 2020 wrote:
Hey all! Popping in here to update you. We're still at the stage when we put out the last producer's letter. We're supporting the community in every other way we can right now, as you know. I wish I could give you more news :(.
Disappointed, but not surprised.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
It's not the developers we should be demanding an answer from - it's Leah Ruben Senior Producer of MMO content.
Well, Leah?

Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2019
92
KI, I defended you. Please, don't let me down. Don't let all of the pirates down. I still have hope in you. Very small, but it's still there. I believe in you.

Ensign
Jun 24, 2013
38
At this point I want my money back. Anecorbie and I have been waiting for years to no avail. KI you majorly dropped the ball with this game and if you don't want to continue it, sell it to another company. I am pretty sure they will want to work on the game as currently it seems that you don't. Bat Masterson, I was excited when you came, I was hoping you'd breathe some life into the game; however, this is not the case. Don't tell us you love us and hear our pleas when you do not plan to act on them. It is time a company approaches KI and takes pirate101 away from them because KI won't do anything with this game.

Ensign
Jun 24, 2013
38
If we don't get an update soon I will give KI such a scathing rating and description that even comcast and american airlines will be like, "wow, even we didn't screw up that bad". FYI comcast is the most hated internet/broadband provider in existence.

Ensign
Jun 24, 2013
38
Also, Anecorbie I remember our heated convos on these message boards years ago, and I have always respected your point of view. I remember talking to everyone mentioned before and I myself took a very long hiatus from the game, the only reason I came back was because I foolishly thought that KI would give us an update because of this quarantine. But I have been saying this for years and I will say it again, this game, although I love it, is dying except this time, it is about to die one final death. Bat, if you really care about us get falmea to talk to us.

Petty Officer
Nov 23, 2019
92
stormtrooper1231 on May 22, 2020 wrote:
Also, Anecorbie I remember our heated convos on these message boards years ago, and I have always respected your point of view. I remember talking to everyone mentioned before and I myself took a very long hiatus from the game, the only reason I came back was because I foolishly thought that KI would give us an update because of this quarantine. But I have been saying this for years and I will say it again, this game, although I love it, is dying except this time, it is about to die one final death. Bat, if you really care about us get falmea to talk to us.
It is not Bat's fault. If you want someone to blame, blame the guys at the head of KI. They treated Wizard101 like a favorite son and left Pirate101 in the dust. I was with them but now I'm purely revolted at how they treat you guys.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
837
anecorbie on May 12, 2020 wrote:
CDeWinter left the boards this past December, let us remember some more of the other missing members:
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Sam Underhill
Golden Guardian
zuto
Technomage
HooDoo Mistress
HooDoo Master
did someone say my name?

Ensign
May 31, 2011
1
Bat Masterson on May 19, 2020 wrote:
Hey all! Popping in here to update you. We're still at the stage when we put out the last producer's letter. We're supporting the community in every other way we can right now, as you know. I wish I could give you more news :(.
I'm only speaking for myself here, but I guess I am just a bit confused by what exactly the reasoning for the lack of updates is. I think if you could clear this up it would be a big help to us. From reading the devs posts along with some of your own posts I get the impression that the game does not have the player-base for big updates. However what I find confusing about this is the language this is always cloaked in.

Some examples,

Your post on this thread:

"We're still at the stage when we put out the last producer's letter."

Stage implies that this is just a phase that will pass.

Producers letter September 2019:
"While we continue to explore ways to improve and expand Pirate101, we have no plans for anything as large as new book-style content. I know that’s not what you want to hear, but you deserve an honest answer. To be clear, that doesn’t mean that we’re abandoning new content for Pirate101; it simply means that updates won’t be on such a grand scale in the foreseeable future."

This section of the producers letter would be pretty self explanatory however it ends with, foreseeable future. Which again just confuses me.

There's a few other posts that come to mind but I don't want to make this post needlessly long. These posts imply that we shouldn't expect any story updates for pirate101... at least for a while? But my question is, why a while? What exactly is the team waiting for? If there is a possibility of story updates what exactly is keeping them from happening? And if the player-base is so low that story updates are just not profitable anymore why not just say something along the lines of, sorry we are done with story updates. Why does it have to end with foreseeable future? Are the devs just keeping the door open just in-case the player-base goes up?

Maybe i'm the only one getting caught up on the language being used here, I just feel like we are getting mixed messages of what exactly is happening with this game.

Ensign
Jan 24, 2013
2
All we ask for is transparency from you. This isn't much to provide

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
829
If I do not see a decent amount of time given to Pirate101 on the KI Live, either though some playtime or a discussion on our issue, then I will consider KI to be in complete negligence of Pirate101. Your refusal to speak on the issue or address it in any way is disgusting, embarrassing, shameful and almost unforgivable. You WILL do this, you ARE going to do this. This may be your final chance for many of us. You MUST, you SHALL.

Ensign
Oct 03, 2014
3
I hate seeing avery court so empty it really breaks my heart seeing this game die. I know you won't give us story content but at least please take the time to add in fishing or even crafting and fix bugs, anyways like many others said you have till mid june to show us you still care please KI don't let me down

Ensign
Mar 03, 2020
44
not like there's much news to give at this point.

can't really blame bat for something like this either, being a community manager for a game on life support sounds rough.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
951
darkmoordude on May 11, 2020 wrote:
And now that I think about it, the ones you've mentioned aren't even all of them:

Valkoor and Witchdoctor Daruis haven't posted in 2 years, Chrissy's been absent since late 2018, Angel Angie, Kingme, Cdewinter, Mistydragon13, Rachael Dreamsong, Monkrinx2024, all gone. I'm sure they'll return sometime but it's still concerning.
Hmm, I thought my ears were burning.

I have left the game. But I am still keeping an eye on what is happening.
I had a lot of fun playing this game. At first KI's games were a way for me to keep in touch with my little sister while I was away at school. As I grew older, I looked forward to the day when I could introduce my own kids to this game.

Sadly, I seriously doubt that will ever happen now.
The way this game is looking right now, and the way this company treats its player base/clients (because that's what we really are, clients) I doubt any of us who have left will be back.

Really, the best way to send KI a message is to either flood their social media accounts with update requests, or to just leave. And not just leave Pirates, but leave Wiz as well. A company can't exist without clients or an inflow of money.

Ensign
Apr 26, 2012
10
Can we expect to hear anything about Pirate101 in this months KI live by any chance? @Bat Masterson

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
829
The KI Live is today.

Kingsisle, I hope that for the sake of your playerbase you will have some Pirate101 playtime and/or a discussion on our issue. We are giving you no other option. If you truly care about this game, do at least this, and act on your promises to keep giving us content and attention. You have no other option.

If you don't do this, then... I wish everyone there luck in dealing with the fallout.

Administrator
Lookit Light on May 28, 2020 wrote:
The KI Live is today.

Kingsisle, I hope that for the sake of your playerbase you will have some Pirate101 playtime and/or a discussion on our issue. We are giving you no other option. If you truly care about this game, do at least this, and act on your promises to keep giving us content and attention. You have no other option.

If you don't do this, then... I wish everyone there luck in dealing with the fallout.
I wish I could give you news on new content for the game, but honestly we don't have an announcement of that kind planned. KI Live will still though be a mix of our games, including Pirate101 but also Wizard101. Whichever game you like playing (hopefully both), we hope you enjoy the show regardless! I love seeing my fellow Pirates fill the Twitch chat.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
829
Bat Masterson on May 28, 2020 wrote:
I wish I could give you news on new content for the game, but honestly we don't have an announcement of that kind planned. KI Live will still though be a mix of our games, including Pirate101 but also Wizard101. Whichever game you like playing (hopefully both), we hope you enjoy the show regardless! I love seeing my fellow Pirates fill the Twitch chat.
Glad to hear Pirates will also be getting their share of playtime. I probably won't be able to see the whole thing myself, but at least the game isn't nonexistent.

I still have some issues and complaints, but I'm bust right now so I'll say them later. What I will say is: if you can't announce anything regarding this game now, do it soon. Time is almost out.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
Bat Masterson on May 28, 2020 wrote:
I wish I could give you news on new content for the game, but honestly we don't have an announcement of that kind planned. KI Live will still though be a mix of our games, including Pirate101 but also Wizard101. Whichever game you like playing (hopefully both), we hope you enjoy the show regardless! I love seeing my fellow Pirates fill the Twitch chat.
I like playing W101 but I LOVE P101! I don't think you'll be getting many "happy" reports from pirates on Twitch.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
10123
The only thing we have to look forward to is "Christmas in July" and that's in the last week of that month. Honestly, hmmph, if KI can't give us something better than another farming dungeon, I believe this game is dead!