Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Suggestion to the Docket 2-4-6-0-1 Courtroom scene

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Pirates, I've been thinking that since the "Docket 2-4-6-0-1" scene, played in the Isle of Dogs' Courtroom, where Catbeard's trial takes place, is going to be made into a re-playable non-combat sigil instance, not to mention it being a non-player controlled event, I was thinking there should be new original cutscene music played during that scene to suit that scene's tone & setting.

I felt that the whole scene should have original cutscene music created & added would be better, 'cause it having the theme played in the Isle of Dogs feels a bit bland.

El Kaboing, I know composing extra music is in your forte, so I thought I would post this music-related suggestion for you & KI's sound department to read & listen. I would like to hear new original cutscene music played during the "Docket 2-4-6-0-1" courtroom scene.

Pirates, what do you think? I would like to hear new cutscene music played during that scene. Would you?

Thanks again for listening!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Dec 7, 2015 wrote:
Pirates, I've been thinking that since the "Docket 2-4-6-0-1" scene, played in the Isle of Dogs' Courtroom, where Catbeard's trial takes place, is going to be made into a re-playable non-combat sigil instance, not to mention it being a non-player controlled event, I was thinking there should be new original cutscene music played during that scene to suit that scene's tone & setting.

I felt that the whole scene should have original cutscene music created & added would be better, 'cause it having the theme played in the Isle of Dogs feels a bit bland.

El Kaboing, I know composing extra music is in your forte, so I thought I would post this music-related suggestion for you & KI's sound department to read & listen. I would like to hear new original cutscene music played during the "Docket 2-4-6-0-1" courtroom scene.

Pirates, what do you think? I would like to hear new cutscene music played during that scene. Would you?

This piece of writing and acting is absolutely perfect as it is; it is a supreme example of Kingsisle creativity at it's finest. NO changes are necessary for "improvement". If something were changed it would be a huge disappointment.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
anecorbie on Dec 8, 2015 wrote:
This piece of writing and acting is absolutely perfect as it is; it is a supreme example of Kingsisle creativity at it's finest. NO changes are necessary for "improvement". If something were changed it would be a huge disappointment.
o nunu changing that!!! it IS perfect.. so much so i have videoed it more than once.. AND my daughter refuses to let me do it without her watching at same time... plz plz ki dont mess with this one.. music be ok but if it accidentally messed it up well I'd cry big huge tears ;-;
sorry but for me I wholeheartedly agree with anercorbie and disagree on the poster on this particular one :x sorry stay creative though :)
stormy jen silver

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Dec 7, 2015 wrote:

Actually, on reviewing that scene, I believe that the music should be cut out altogether and background sound effects substituted: murmuring crowds, shuffling feet and the sound of a gavel banging.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Dec 10, 2015 wrote:
Actually, on reviewing that scene, I believe that the music should be cut out altogether and background sound effects substituted: murmuring crowds, shuffling feet and the sound of a gavel banging.
Hmm... Well, I guess that addition could work. Makes total sense, considering that the courtroom scene takes place on an actual courtroom.

Nice touch, anecorbie. KI should add all that.

Tiny Note: I liked the original cutscene music themes heard in Wizard101, for instance (SPOILERS!), the end of Khrysalis, Castle Darkmoor Graveyard instance, & throughout key moments in W101's Polaris, even it's end.

I don't see no reason for P101 not to receive new original cutscene music, even if it's to past content. No doubt there may be original cutscene music made in key moments to later story updates to come. Gets the story more engaging & exciting to everyone.