Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Power Management Is fustrating

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2009
Hello Kings Isle,

As often, I am not one to complain very much and I try to offset my dislikes with what is probably best for the game developers and the ALL the gamers in all age ranges. However this issue is just so annoying and disappointing - the update feels so flat.

Power management - It barely, allows you to manage powers. You open your powers menu and arrange all your powers and gleefully shut the window and head to test out you new configuration.

Lo and Behold! - on 2 of the first row of skills you organized come up...

OK so people want random, its strategy they say - which it can be... BUT - what about our FIRST POWER?

Seriously? It made me so disappointed to take my Mojo blade and put it as absolute first! and 3 battles in a row it did not come up first! Why cant at least ONE CARD be a 100% chance to come up? I'm so disappointed I was looking so forward to the power management. But its more frustrating for you to organize and things you want to come up first - only to see the powers you throw to the end of your list - still come up. Just like those companions.

Also is this a bug? Every-time you change a single piece of gear, the whole arrangement randoms regenerates and if you don't check it - the arrangement is totally messed up. :(

If you can give me a logical reason for this, then I will concede - but truly, I only ask 1 single power to be 100% - just 1...

Ensign
Apr 05, 2012
I totally agree with you.
It is so frustrating to have the very last power come up first and the first near last.
Most of the time its like the Power Management is not even working.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
It does seem to be working - my preferred powers certainly show up more frequently than the ones that I have shunted to the back. Not all of the time, of course - but much more so than before the change that allowed you to arrange them.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
It seems to work well enough for me. Yes, I don't see my preferred power every single time, but it comes up often enough.

I prefer not being able to count on exactly what powers will appear; it makes the battles more interesting and forces me to be more strategic.