Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Change to Mechanical Owl?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
I just bought a new Mechanical Owl from the crown shop and realized it's not the same as the Mechanical Owl I bought when they first released in the crown shop. The egg I got today was feathered green and tan (light brown) where the first mechanical owl egg was feathered bright pink and green.

I went to locate my first Owl and discovered it no longer had the pink markings it once had. I checked my records of the morph I did with it last month (10/22), that egg was also tan and green. The morphed owl lacks the pink markings also. So all owls, newly purchased, original from the crown shop release and morphed owl are just the brown with green markings. None have a speck of pink anywhere on them.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
Just Another Pirat... on Nov 30, 2014 wrote:
I just bought a new Mechanical Owl from the crown shop and realized it's not the same as the Mechanical Owl I bought when they first released in the crown shop. The egg I got today was feathered green and tan (light brown) where the first mechanical owl egg was feathered bright pink and green.

I went to locate my first Owl and discovered it no longer had the pink markings it once had. I checked my records of the morph I did with it last month (10/22), that egg was also tan and green. The morphed owl lacks the pink markings also. So all owls, newly purchased, original from the crown shop release and morphed owl are just the brown with green markings. None have a speck of pink anywhere on them.
Ok, it seems I forgot to make my query in the form of a question so let's try this again.

Decius, could you tell us please why the Mechanical Owl was changed?

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
This is a bug. I will figure out where its pink went. Maybe it got into some paint.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Dec 8, 2014 wrote:
This is a bug. I will figure out where its pink went. Maybe it got into some paint.
...or maybe you should find out who painted it.Maybe they did a very poor job and the paint just...fell off...

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Dec 8, 2014 wrote:
Thank you for letting us know and good luck with the bug hunt!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I didn't know the Mechanical Owl had a color change.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
The Mechanical Owl is back to its pretty pink (and brown and green) self.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
Bonnie Anne on Dec 10, 2014 wrote:
The Mechanical Owl is back to its pretty pink (and brown and green) self.
Good news indeed! I did some morphing to check the egg appearence also. Started out morphing mechanical owl x fire toad just for grins and kept getting fire toad eggs. As I was running out of gold I ended up morphing mechanical owl x mechanical owl and the egg is back to feathered pink and green too! Thank you!