Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Clockwork Companions...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 24, 2013
Why are there no Clockwork Companions in Crown Shop or in Valencia? I think it would be awesome if you could get Armada Soldiers as Companions! Tell me why you think there are no Armada Companions.

Level 24 (SwashBuckler)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
jawa888 on Feb 9, 2015 wrote:
Why are there no Clockwork Companions in Crown Shop or in Valencia? I think it would be awesome if you could get Armada Soldiers as Companions! Tell me why you think there are no Armada Companions.

Level 24 (SwashBuckler)
There are no Armada companions because KI doesn't want us to have them. In story terms, it would be impossible to recruit one because defeating them leaves them utterly destroyed. I hope we NEVER get one.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hello Jawa888 and welcome to the message boards!

I'd have to agree with Esperanza (Anecorbie) in regards to not really desiring a Clockwork companion. Buuuuut......I would love to see some kind of twist added to the game once crafting comes into the Spiral. Like say, once you get Gracie Conrad to join your crew maybe you could collect spare Clockwork parts after defeating Clockwork enemies or from the future Companion task of Craftin'. After some time, and various parts acquisition, you then could have Gracie construct either pets or companions (bought from the Crown Shop) that are made from the Clockwork scraps. Maybe you could find clockwork "recipes" throughout your travels (or from badges after defeating an "x" amount of Clockworks) that would allow for the creating of Clockwork Creature Companions and/or pets.

Like maybe a Clockwork Drake or Dragon, Clockwork Bat, Clockwork Toad, Clockwork Scarab, Clockwork Centipede, Clockwork Tiger/Lion, Clockwork Raptor and others as well. Once you collect the "right ingredients and recipe", you could then send Gracie on quests and/or pay for Gracie to learn the Assemble "Clockwork <x>" ability. Then she could summon them in battle, you could purchase them as pets or even on rare occasions, one of the Clockwork Creature Companions would unlock in the Crown Shop-- when certain conditions are met and fulfilled.

A Clockwork Companion of the traditional enemy sort may not be in store for us, but that doesn't mean that more pets and other Clockwork-y Companions wouldn't be welcomed-- we already have the Spider and Clocktopus...I wouldn't mind seeing more, I know that!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
It would be like getting a member of the borg from Star Trek. Is the armada a hive mind? I think I asked this before. Anyone remember Hue? LOL I'm not sure I want a situation like that.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Mar 24, 2013
How do you get the clocktopus? it sounds awsome!

Level 24

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
jawa888 on Feb 11, 2015 wrote:
How do you get the clocktopus? it sounds awsome!

Level 24
Hello there!

The Clocktopus is pretty awesome! Click on the blue link (the actual word Clocktopus, to see a screenshot and the wiki page for it)

It is a hybrid that comes from morphing together the Clockwork Spider and the Inky Octopus pets. Just like with all hybrids, you have a chance to acquire it-- it may take only 1 try but it may take 40+ tries. The Clockwork Spider is a pet that you have a chance of getting from the Grizzly Beast Booster Pack that you can purchase with Crowns from the Crown Shop. The Inky Octopus is a pet you have a chance of receiving from your companions bringing back from the Pet Wranglin' task.

Of course both the Clockwork Spider and Inky Octopus can also be received from a successful morphing attempt from one of the partners using either (or both) pets during the morphing.

I happen to have all 3 of those pets and would gladly try to help you get one, all 3 or even just the Clocktopus-- I have a pretty nice 700 pedigree one and a 640 one that has some decent Swashbuckler grants. If you'd like to meet up to morph, just post a day/time/time zone you are in/place/realm to meet up and we'll hopefully get you a Clocktopus. It's best to post a couple days ahead of when you actually want to arrange a meet up. That way it allows for message board moderations, a reply post and any further back-and-forth posting to settle on a day/time to meet up.

Either way, have fun morphing and good luck pet collectin' and trainin'.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
To make long story short, clockwork companions are too dangerous to recruit. According to KI clockworks have a very volatile ( nasty ) temper and only obey their leader.It's not a good idea to recruit one in the crew.

On the other hand, if crafting comes to pirates someday. At least we can collect clockworks parts as reagents to craft other stuff, like ship parts.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
Monkrinx2024 on Feb 12, 2015 wrote:
To make long story short, clockwork companions are too dangerous to recruit. According to KI clockworks have a very volatile ( nasty ) temper and only obey their leader.It's not a good idea to recruit one in the crew.

On the other hand, if crafting comes to pirates someday. At least we can collect clockworks parts as reagents to craft other stuff, like ship parts.
Indeed yes they are and will be forevermore our enemy although has anyone thought the idea of a clockwork turning good or we crafting one up. I just thought I should say something like this to give a bit of an idea but yes we probably won't be getting a clockwork companion ever but no one knows, any twist could suddenly occur.