Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I have thought of my dream pet

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 03, 2009
I have thought of my dream witchdoctor pet: ( all grants just don't feel like typing grants too many times )

Soulreaver, Kraken's Lament , Steadying Speech, Assassin's Mist, Elusive, and Regroup.

The hard part will be finding the willing people to morph with.

And I guess I want a pet with good will stat so I can buff it in combat.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zachshock on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
I have thought of my dream witchdoctor pet: ( all grants just don't feel like typing grants too many times )

Soulreaver, Kraken's Lament , Steadying Speech, Assassin's Mist, Elusive, and Regroup.

The hard part will be finding the willing people to morph with.

And I guess I want a pet with good will stat so I can buff it in combat.
That's really specific, I hope you can find someone with a pet like that; as it is I have pets with only four of your requirements ( and on three separate pets ).

Petty Officer
Sep 03, 2009
anecorbie on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
That's really specific, I hope you can find someone with a pet like that; as it is I have pets with only four of your requirements ( and on three separate pets ).
I just realized this pet idea is impossible because someone told me pets can only have 3 talents and 3 powers so I'll edit my pet idea.

They're still grants by the way.

Kraken's Lament, Steadying Speech, Regroup, Elusive, Turn the Tide, and Accurate 1.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zachshock on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
I just realized this pet idea is impossible because someone told me pets can only have 3 talents and 3 powers so I'll edit my pet idea.

They're still grants by the way.

Kraken's Lament, Steadying Speech, Regroup, Elusive, Turn the Tide, and Accurate 1.
Not so, I've seen a pet with 5 grants! It was a golden sky dragon ( and I was very tempted to ask the pirate for a morph, but I didn't have the gold. )

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
Not so, I've seen a pet with 5 grants! It was a golden sky dragon ( and I was very tempted to ask the pirate for a morph, but I didn't have the gold. )
I think zackshock may have actually been referring to his original post. In it he listed his dream pet as possessing 4 Powers and 2 talents. So the impossible part was just that at max level a pet can only have 3 powers and 3 talents, not taking the grants part into account. Just that his original post had listed 4 powers, which a pet can't currently produce.

But you are so right about pets being able to manifest 5...and even 6 grants. I have a couple dozen or so pets with 6 grants and also dozens of pets with 5 grants (some of those with that awesome Charming Gaze 2). The tricky part is getting 'the right' traits to show up on the same pet, because what is manifested on the parent(s), is in no way guaranteed to manifest on the offspring.You may morph with a pet with 5 grants that you desire, but only one or 2 may show up. But if you have those desirable traits in your pets' bloodline, the chances of them showing up are much greater.

And zackshock, I think I actually have a few pets with almost all of your 'dream traits' already manifested, minus the Accurate 1. But I do have that trait manifested on some pets and could mix it into some of my pets' gene pool. I'm almost positive I have several pets with Grants Kraken's Lament, Grants Steadying Speech, Grants Regroup, Grants Turn the Tide and Grants Elusive, already expressed. I'll double check and if so, I'd be happy to morph with you. Again, you won't be guaranteed to have all of those traits transfer over to your offspring or to manifest, but you just may get lucky too. At least you may introduce those traits to your pets' gene pool.

Oh and Esperanza, I happen to have some Golden Sky Dragons with 5 and 6 Grants manifested and some of them tailored specifically towards a Swashbuckler. So if you see me in game, just say hello and let me know if you'd like to morph. If I have the gold, you have a willing morphing partner. Or we can schedule a meetup, either way works for me.