Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Discussion: PvP Champion Gear sets

AuthorMessage
Commodore
May 31, 2009
valdus15797 on Jun 3, 2020 wrote:
1 it would take a minuscule amount of effort to add a set of weapons with existing assets and animations (maybe bump up the weapon power a few points and make a level 70 variant)

2 if you expect ki to invest all of the revenue it gets from the p101 back into the game you're completely and utterly delusional ki has had a host of internal problems from leadership changes to limited funding

3 it makes perfect sense that they would prioritize wiz over pirate since wiz is a much more consistent and reliable source of income for them as a company (since at the end of the day they are a business and their main goal is to make money)

4 when people (such as yourself) complain the second that they actually do put any form of effort into the game and say "iT's nOt eNoUgH i WaNt cRaFtInG" it only discourages them from developing the game further (take the nautical xp or skeleton bosses as examples)

a follow up from ki would be appreciated

- Valdus level 70
Hey, Valdus, in the effort of keeping this civil and constructive I think calling someone "delusional" for hoping that KI actually does something for its P101 fans is a bit much. We agree with you - it would be nice to see some changes that actually take player feedback into consideration - but there's no need to lash out at another player.

I disagree with your fourth point. If KI really wants to retain its Pirate players (and our money) they're not going to pull a "well now I am not doing it" on us. I would think/hope from their point of view that some players wanting more would give them the push to actually put more resources into the game. Now, we know that's not happening, which is not ideal...or if it is happening, they're being extremely and uncomfortably quiet about it.

On the original point of this post, though: I don't do much PvP myself because I find it a bit toxic, but I give a hearty support for the return/update of the weapons!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
valdus15797 on Jun 3, 2020 wrote:
1 it would take a minuscule amount of effort to add a set of weapons with existing assets and animations (maybe bump up the weapon power a few points and make a level 70 variant)

2 if you expect ki to invest all of the revenue it gets from the p101 back into the game you're completely and utterly delusional ki has had a host of internal problems from leadership changes to limited funding

3 it makes perfect sense that they would prioritize wiz over pirate since wiz is a much more consistent and reliable source of income for them as a company (since at the end of the day they are a business and their main goal is to make money)

4 when people (such as yourself) complain the second that they actually do put any form of effort into the game and say "iT's nOt eNoUgH i WaNt cRaFtInG" it only discourages them from developing the game further (take the nautical xp or skeleton bosses as examples)

a follow up from ki would be appreciated

- Valdus level 70
Don't call me naïve or delusional when I expect content for my money. They provide a service and I pay for it.

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
MistyDragon13 on Jun 3, 2020 wrote:
Hey, Valdus, in the effort of keeping this civil and constructive I think calling someone "delusional" for hoping that KI actually does something for its P101 fans is a bit much. We agree with you - it would be nice to see some changes that actually take player feedback into consideration - but there's no need to lash out at another player.

I disagree with your fourth point. If KI really wants to retain its Pirate players (and our money) they're not going to pull a "well now I am not doing it" on us. I would think/hope from their point of view that some players wanting more would give them the push to actually put more resources into the game. Now, we know that's not happening, which is not ideal...or if it is happening, they're being extremely and uncomfortably quiet about it.

On the original point of this post, though: I don't do much PvP myself because I find it a bit toxic, but I give a hearty support for the return/update of the weapons!
This has gotten quite off topic, but my original point prior to all of this starting was that spreading constant negativity, and complaining about not getting a world sized update is both unrealistic and naive. Additionally, it's important to recognize that ki has had a ton of internal issues over the years, and blaming them for not updating a game that has (historically speaking) both unperformed and complained. When the game actually receives an update (Valencia part 2, the skeleton keys, and ftud) people just say "it's not enough I payed for more than this".
It is important that we as a community recognize what's actually realistic to expect from ki.

Lieutenant
Apr 06, 2016
valdus15797 on Jun 5, 2020 wrote:
This has gotten quite off topic, but my original point prior to all of this starting was that spreading constant negativity, and complaining about not getting a world sized update is both unrealistic and naive. Additionally, it's important to recognize that ki has had a ton of internal issues over the years, and blaming them for not updating a game that has (historically speaking) both unperformed and complained. When the game actually receives an update (Valencia part 2, the skeleton keys, and ftud) people just say "it's not enough I payed for more than this".
It is important that we as a community recognize what's actually realistic to expect from ki.
The reason why everyone complained about the Valencia II update was because, after a 3 year hiatus from world updates, KI decided to release a half baked story line, that wasn't even a new world, to put the arc to rest. Now, if KI upheld their promise on releasing the story by "small chunks" from that point forth, no one would complain about the Valencia II update. But since it was (and might be) the last level cap addition we got, KI should've put more effort into it. And I think that after waiting 4 years, it's more than realistic expecting a world sized update.

No matter what game you play, there will always be negative people that have negative remarks to every update. But in this case, giving us a dungeon update once a year won't satisfy years of no story line.

We as a community have been patient for years. Anecorbie has always defended KI from the first hiatus, to this one. It was only shortly ago that she stopped defending KI, when it became clear that Pirate101 is nothing more than an afterthought to them.

And yeah, it would be nice if the weapon vendor actually sold weapons instead of helmets.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
valdus15797 on Jun 5, 2020 wrote:
Again, sinking to just insulting someone for having expectations as a customer is really not the way to go here. These forums are supposed to be, as per the rules, a "constructive, fun, and safe" place to provide feedback to KI and discuss things with other players. Please remember there's another human being behind the screen.

In my opinion, a "realistic" expectation is to actually receive a truthful, straightforward answer from someone on the KI team as to whether they're planning on much of anything for Pirate101. Empty promises aren't what I paid for.

I'm not entirely sure what you were aiming to say in your second sentence. Blaming KI for failing to be transparent about Pirate101's future is what? Reasonable? Expected? If I'm going to pay for game access, I want to know whether or not it's going to be worth continuing to pay for in the future. I've poured several hundred dollars over the past decade into Wizard101 and Pirate101. I want to know that I, as a paying customer, am actually going to receive the product/service/updates I'm paying for. As it stands, I'm not. And that is obviously going to be upsetting and worth raising a fuss about. I'm not about to just keep handing someone $10 a month so they can say, "Thanks! Stay tuned!" over and over without delivering, while they quietly shuffle everyone who was working on the game over to Wizard101. There comes a point where I'm going to stop handing them that $10 until they actually have something to show for it. Whether that's an actual content delivery or an announcement that Pirate is shutting down, I don't know, but I expect something after four (some might go as far to say five) years with no meaningful updates and near dead silence on the game's future since mid-2014.

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
MistyDragon13 on Jun 6, 2020 wrote:
Again, sinking to just insulting someone for having expectations as a customer is really not the way to go here. These forums are supposed to be, as per the rules, a "constructive, fun, and safe" place to provide feedback to KI and discuss things with other players. Please remember there's another human being behind the screen.

In my opinion, a "realistic" expectation is to actually receive a truthful, straightforward answer from someone on the KI team as to whether they're planning on much of anything for Pirate101. Empty promises aren't what I paid for.

I'm not entirely sure what you were aiming to say in your second sentence. Blaming KI for failing to be transparent about Pirate101's future is what? Reasonable? Expected? If I'm going to pay for game access, I want to know whether or not it's going to be worth continuing to pay for in the future. I've poured several hundred dollars over the past decade into Wizard101 and Pirate101. I want to know that I, as a paying customer, am actually going to receive the product/service/updates I'm paying for. As it stands, I'm not. And that is obviously going to be upsetting and worth raising a fuss about. I'm not about to just keep handing someone $10 a month so they can say, "Thanks! Stay tuned!" over and over without delivering, while they quietly shuffle everyone who was working on the game over to Wizard101. There comes a point where I'm going to stop handing them that $10 until they actually have something to show for it. Whether that's an actual content delivery or an announcement that Pirate is shutting down, I don't know, but I expect something after four (some might go as far to say five) years with no meaningful updates and near dead silence on the game's future since mid-2014.
KI is a privately traded company, and they don't owe anything to me, anecorbe, you, or anyone else in the community. It is important to note that any form of financial contribution that you make to ki is out of your own free will, and it is also your responsibility as a consumer to determine whether or not that purchase is worth your money. I sympathize with you in the sense that ki has failed to deliver on past promises, but as a company it simply doesn't make any sense for them to invest the massive amount of resources required to deliver an update on the scale that people want.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2008
Can we have this topic renamed? This makes it seem like they lost something devastating or that their livelihood is in jeopardy. This topic is a discussion about the removal and possible reinstatement of legacy gear. I'd suggest calling it "Discussion: PvP Champion Gear sets" or something like that.

Administrator
The Legacy on Jun 25, 2020 wrote:
Can we have this topic renamed? This makes it seem like they lost something devastating or that their livelihood is in jeopardy. This topic is a discussion about the removal and possible reinstatement of legacy gear. I'd suggest calling it "Discussion: PvP Champion Gear sets" or something like that.
Good point, we can edit the title. And thanks to the post and contributors for the discussion!

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Bat Masterson on Jun 25, 2020 wrote:
Good point, we can edit the title. And thanks to the post and contributors for the discussion!
how about you just add them back

Petty Officer
Mar 03, 2020
surely it can't be that hard to add something back that previously existed, that you're most likely just hiding from view?

Lieutenant
Feb 13, 2013
Bat Masterson on Jun 25, 2020 wrote:
or maybe just add back the champion weapons it is one of the very few reasons people even queued ranked pvp in the first place. I don't play this game for pve the story has not seen any signs of moving forward for the past couple of years, I play this game for pvp and people having no reason to queue ranked doesnt help keep players like me around.

Petty Officer
Jul 20, 2015
I know I'm kinda beating a dead horse here, but a follow up response from the devs would always be appreciated.