Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pets snack chart

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
There used to be a spreadsheet that broke down pets and snacks into worlds and type of snack.

I have search both here and the internet in vain for it. It seems to have disappeared.

Anyone have it, or know where I can find it again?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
The "Snack Attack" cheat sheet, created by Valkoor the Victorious was on Pirate101 Central. Something happened to the table html code rendering it unusable.

Sorry... I had a paper copy once upon a time.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Sounds like something worthwhile to do, then, gather the evidence and re-create it.

I may do just that.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Apr 23, 2017 wrote:
Sounds like something worthwhile to do, then, gather the evidence and re-create it.

I may do just that.
It will help a lot of players and give you something to do!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Max DeGroot on Apr 23, 2017 wrote:

I may do just that.
The Pirate101 Central wiki will show you which pets like the various snack classes, and you can also sort by world orgins.

http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Category:Pets_by_Liked_Snack_Class

http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Category:Pets_by_Liked_Snack_World_Origin

Good Luck!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hey there, Max!

As Willow noted, the Snack Attack reference spreadsheet was/is a project that I started some time ago. I created the snack "cheat sheet" on Central with the intentions of keeping up with it and updating it every so often. I kept up with it for a while, even despite the coding at Central making it rather difficult to edit my original spreadsheet. Everything went along fairly smoothly for a bit...but then for some reason the coding wouldn't "accept" my edits/additions -- unlike it had before (after some manipulation on my part).

Then life got rather hectic and super busy, so I fell way behind. I went to update it with nearly 100 pets at one point, and when I went to the "guide" on Central, it was a jumbled up mess. In my absence, somehow the Snack Attack cheat sheet mysteriously went a little Haywire. Some may point hooks at those traitorous Armada companions from the pack, but I'm blaming Ratbeard. He has a way of blowing things up.

Absolutely feel free to create a new snack feeding guide, if you have the time. My time, in game and on the forums, is very limited these days. But that being said, I do plan on redoing the Snack Attack guide on Central, complete with all new pets. It just may take me a bit of time to do so. I still have the original on my PC and a long list of pets and their snack preferences to add to it. I just have to transfer it all to a new spreadsheet and start a new guide/thread on Central. But if you happen to beat me to the punch...then that would be awesome on your part. I can even assist you in any way I can, if needed (like as in sending you files/data on Central, if you're a member). But I do hope to get to working on the guide in the very near future.

As long as the cheat sheet gets back up and running and helps as many players as possible feed and train their pets...I'm all for it. If you do happen to take on the project and complete it before I do, I thank you in advance for your time and effort!

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
100 PETS???

I'm betting a goodly portion of the are simply cosmetic differences. Do you happen to know if the lists of pets/snacks on the P101 Wiki is up to date?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Max DeGroot on Apr 24, 2017 wrote:
100 PETS???

I'm betting a goodly portion of the are simply cosmetic differences. Do you happen to know if the lists of pets/snacks on the P101 Wiki is up to date?
Your bets would be safe ones, Max.

There are a lot of "re-skinned" pets in the game, such as multiple hybrids of different color variations. Also there are a whole bunch of card pets that are basically the same pet -- just different colors and offering a different 1st generation talent/power pool. Unfortunately we can't assume that the re-skins or many multiple colored same type hybrids all share the same snack preferences. And I have found that some don't.

As far as I know, anything pet related listed in the P101 Wiki is up to date. I know that the types of snacks and the pets/hybrids lists are current. I can't be 100% certain as to whether or not all of the snack preferences (both type and world origin) are entirely accurate. Though I personally have verified the majority of the snack (like/love) preferences, by actually feeding my own pets. The wiki can be edited/contributed to by Central members and P101 players, and occasionally incorrect information is edited in. But the Wiki Masters do an amazing job of staying on top of things and verifying/correcting info. As of now there still are a decent amount of pets (especially card pets, some PvP pets, and a few hybrids) that don't have snack preferences listed on the wiki.

I did manage to create an updated version of my Snack Attack 2 cheat sheet on Central. I'll provide a link once I get to my PC-- typing/linking on my phone is...eh, not so fun. But you can find it currently under General P101 Guides in the forum section. I will add/post a list of all current pets in which snack preferences are still needed. (EDIT -- link provided)

If you still wish to create more of a spreadsheet type of guide....I say go for it! Some people prefer that kind of format. I went for more of a simple-to-use, condensed reference sheet that I didn't have to continuously scroll through or retype numerous bits of info -- something short, sweet and to the point....like a hedgehog.