Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Some epics shouldn't be able to activate together

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 26, 2012
I'm getting tired of seeing Shooty/Staffy weapons in PvP. You walk up to someone and they get Overwatch, and it's followed by Burst Fires, Double Taps, Mojo Echos, and Mojo Risings. Then they get to follow it up with Readied Spell and do the same thing again. Now your accuracy is near 0 and your health is half way gone already. And then they get to do that two more times per round. It's just infuriating that someone gets to deal that much damage because all their epics activate together. So, my suggestion is that some epics count towards each other's counters. If Overwatch can only activate 3 times, then when Readied Spell activates, that counts as an overwatch. Also, make it so that they can't activate on the same enemy as well. This change also includes Burst Fire with Mojo Echo, as well as Double Tap and Mojo Rising. Melee/range weapons are also part of this change, although it's mainly Shooty/Staffy that needs to be fixed.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MrUnlucky on Mar 27, 2021 wrote:
I'm getting tired of seeing Shooty/Staffy weapons in PvP. You walk up to someone and they get Overwatch, and it's followed by Burst Fires, Double Taps, Mojo Echos, and Mojo Risings. Then they get to follow it up with Readied Spell and do the same thing again. Now your accuracy is near 0 and your health is half way gone already. And then they get to do that two more times per round. It's just infuriating that someone gets to deal that much damage because all their epics activate together. So, my suggestion is that some epics count towards each other's counters. If Overwatch can only activate 3 times, then when Readied Spell activates, that counts as an overwatch. Also, make it so that they can't activate on the same enemy as well. This change also includes Burst Fire with Mojo Echo, as well as Double Tap and Mojo Rising. Melee/range weapons are also part of this change, although it's mainly Shooty/Staffy that needs to be fixed.
Tritons, Leviathan, Valors (shield or armor), Walk in Shadows (trained or gear) Walk in Darkness (gear).
Or make them come to you.
And welcome to the message boards!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Post Edit: and I suppose you wouldn't want vengeance strike, relentless or bladestorm to activate together, hmmm? Not to mention with a possible Stun?

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
I totally disagree, hybrids need to be able to remain being hybrids. All that gear, training points, and pet talents needed to make a decent to good hybrid takes a whole lot of time and effort for most. Its very nice in game play, and really makes the game fun. Don't ruin the game cause you want to cry about your misfortunes in PvP, if it truly bothers you then put in the time and effort yourself to counter such problems. If you are as built up as they are, then you just don't mind how they are built. I'm built up really well on all of my characters and none of them are crying foul, those who are built up are more fun and challenging for me to go up against.