Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question Regarding Creating Hybrid Pets

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Tonight I tried to create my first hybrid pet. I bred my Sliver Buffaloon with another players Corrupted Celestial Dragon to try to create a Terrorloon: http://www.pirate101central.com/wiki/Pet:Terrorloon

Instead of creating a terrorloon, it created another Sliver Buffaloon. Is this normal?

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
Yes. It may take ten or more tries to get a hybrid just keep at it!

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Thank you for the help. Why do you think they made the game that way? Genetics? I will say it is a downside having to pay 18,000 gold just for another sliver buffaloon which normally cost around 5,000 crowns in the crown shop.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
Actually you may have to try 30 or 40 times

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Most of the time you will find the one you are looking for in 10 to 15 morphs. That is as long as you know what ones to use. If you are just experimenting with random ones, it might take you longer as you might be using 2 that will never make a hybrid. But that is part of the fun of finding them, and keeping Heps gold statues shiny.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
RRRRZZZZ419 on Nov 5, 2016 wrote:
Thank you for the help. Why do you think they made the game that way? Genetics? I will say it is a downside having to pay 18,000 gold just for another sliver buffaloon which normally cost around 5,000 crowns in the crown shop.
If you look at the statistics of the new Silver Buffaloon, you should see that the new Silver Buffaloon usually has better statistics and higher rated Powers and Talents. Your original Silver Buffaloon had 1 Common, 6 Uncommon, 1 Rare, and 2 Ultra-Rare Powers and 3 Common, 3 Uncommon, 3 Rare and 1 Ultra-Rare Talents. Your new Silver Buffaloon will probably have less Uncommon and more Rare, Ultra-Rare and maybe even an Epic Power; less Common and Uncommon and more Rare, Ultra-Rare, and Epic Talents. Which means by morphing with other Pets, you can change what Powers and Talents they might be able to use.

That is another reason for morphing besides getting hybrids.

Have fun.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
Tonight I got my first hybrid pet, a Terrorloon. This was only my forth time morphing. I morphed my Sliver Buffaloon with a game friend's Super Corrupted Celestial Dragon and we got a Terrorloon. We both didn't expect to get it. It was my game friend's first hybrid also. Really happy I got a hybrid, they were also.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Decius Duelmaster on Nov 7, 2016 wrote:
Most of the time you will find the one you are looking for in 10 to 15 morphs. That is as long as you know what ones to use. If you are just experimenting with random ones, it might take you longer as you might be using 2 that will never make a hybrid. But that is part of the fun of finding them, and keeping Heps gold statues shiny.
Hahahahaha! Decius, you are a card!

It takes forever to get what you want. Consider yourself lucky if you get your hybrids within 25 morphs, based on my experience. Often I just give up and morph with someone who has the hybrid I want directly, which seems to improve the odds a bit.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
o has anybody ever tested whether known older hybrid combos are faster if using LOYAL pets vs same species in after-update ones? I understand if this question makes zero sense xD but have often wondered if some like skitters and crawls original hint being tested by ki employees(with loyal pets), might not have been found by us newer morphers because our pets have been obtained after loyal was a thing of the past.. especially if our pets having higher pedigrees etc if the sigil recognizes ours differently..

I realize the time involved to check this(not to mention gold) would be more than annoying, and that KI employees have much better things to do.. so if any tent morphers can answer this for me based on experiments done in the past, I'd appreciate it..

does anybody else wish for another Morphathon? good times there.. was so tired xD stayed awake from the day before gathering gold etc to 3am past the deadline.. aye couldnt even come close to spelling anything that resembled a word..

stormy jen silver