Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

My idea for clans, end game play

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
I am well aware that pirate101 has stated that it would never do clans, but there isn't enough end game play to keep players still playing their characters once they already have everything.

What I'd like to see is clan pvp area and clan flags. The clan pvp area would completely be open sea, no land. Everyone would start out on their ship but could port to their clan member ships. There would be a clan pvp kiosk where a clan member could sign up their clan for a match, when another clan challenges a clan signed up on the kiosk an in game message flies across the screen that the clan match between the two clans will start in fifteen minutes to maybe a half hour's time. There would be a clock counting down the time until it starts. When it starts members of both clans would individually have to press accept to join into the clan match. When the match begins each clan would have their fleet on one side of the pvp skyway.

If your ship is sunk you are out of the match, you can however dock ships together just like in regular play when one ship is below half health. Like in game play, if your ship is at half health, you and your companions ought to enter the ship to ship pvp fight at half health.

The match continues until one side has no more players remaining. When a match ends the realm is let known who won, and the clan's flag gets predominantly displayed on flag poles such as in main areas of skull island, clan flags would also have the clan's name upon them.

Player's would have their own flag, and the clan would have its own flag. In clan matches, all the ships in the clan would be flying an extra flag which would be their clan's flag to identify them.

Clans could be given win/loss records, and the best records in a season could be given seasonal rewards.

You would not have to fight the clan that currently has its flags up in skull island and/or elsewhere to change which flag flies over such places, you would just have to win the last match that concluded.

Clans could have between 4 to 8 members, which would mean that clan battles could start out with a total of 16 participants. If a side has less than 4 members who click to join the match, then the match gets canceled and no winner takes place and no flags are changed. This also means that 4 could be up against 8, but since only 4 people could possibly be on a ship battle per side the advantage might not be as great. Ships would dock into ships docked in combat simply by running into then and press join. If their are too many in battle those who could not get into combat could simply be onboard and watch the battle, or they could undock and continue to go after other ships.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
I really like the idea of having flags changing based upon which clan wins the latest clan match. Toss in a reward for all members of a clan based upon whose flag is currently flying such as +10 to damage, dodge, weapon damage, and magic damage and you would likely have a lot of clans fighting it out to constantly get their flags as the ones being flown over shops and the like just so their entire clan could reap benefit rewards and have bragging rights that it is there flag that is up and being seen everywhere. When the flag changes you could bet the more active clans would instantly queue for the next match.

Ensign
Mar 03, 2014
I agree!
I realize underneath this text is going to be off topic, don't know where to send messages.
I have a problem. I tried to receive the free gift overnight, did not receive, I try again, says I have already claimed the item. not happy

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Red Horace Moone on Jul 15, 2019 wrote:
I agree!
I realize underneath this text is going to be off topic, don't know where to send messages.
I have a problem. I tried to receive the free gift overnight, did not receive, I try again, says I have already claimed the item. not happy
While I cannot help you with the problem, I can direct you to where you need to go. In "Message Boards Home" under "Avery's Court", you will see a sub-category called "The Bilge Pump". Here, you can report bugs and glitches to Kingsisle. Additionally, if you hover over the "Help" icon in the top bar of the website, you will be given an option to "Contact Support", which will put you in direct contact with a Kingsisle employee who can help sort out your problem.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Red Horace Moone on Jul 15, 2019 wrote:
I agree!
Go to the Bilge Pump to report glitches or bugs. You ought to contact Support ( Top of this page under the Help section ).

Check your backpack to see if your free gift is there - if it was a booster Pack, the objects it gives will be in your backpack.
Good Luck!

Ensign
Apr 26, 2014
I love this idea. Gives many of us something to do in the endgame and a sense of urgency to play for our clans. I would like if some parts were tweaked though. Such as having more members in a clan such as 12 or 16 so that is much more probable to have more than 4 players if some of your clan members end up offline.

I also think that the pvp could be played as more of a upgrade and attack kind of a game. In the 15 or so minutes that the clan is getting ready for the pvp, there could be ships that can be sunk for limited upgrades, such as increased health, damage, dodge, etc. Or maybe have each player start with a lower level ship and have them upgrade their ship, ship parts, and boosts in the down time. Maybe even expand to have each side have a ship repair yard, ship parts shop, and a main base and have some sort of territory management alongside the ship and normal pvp combat.

I also love the flag idea. It gives that sense of urgency to get your clan flag up for extra prizes, or even combat advantages.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
If after every clan fight fought, the clan that wins gets their flag hosted over skull island and other ports, then clans could be ranked according to the amount of time their flag has been up during the season. The clan with the longest total time of flying their banner over the ports takes first place which comes with a badge and likely a reward in scrip amount, same with the next two highest ranked clans (just that the badges and scrips rewards won't be as good).

I still like the idea of also allowing whatever clan that has their banner currently flying have some sort of player effect bonus to accuracy, damage, magic, and dodge cause if players have to purchase some sort of house pack or whatever to be able to form a clan then there ought to be some sort of bonus that they can get out of it and it just means a lot more if the entire clan can participate in receiving that bonus as it makes players want to join as there is actually a reason to join.

We really just need a place like pirate regatta that lets us start in our own ships with clan flags on our ships to wage clan battles within. Perhaps everyone in a clan should be able to accept and join when a clan battle takes place, of course the lower ranked members will be slaughtered but if there is a scrip reward for merely participating it may be worth their while and they could maybe target the lower level players that join in the other guild.

I know the programming might be a bit more complicated as fights could be happening at the same time aboard different ships and players maybe docking into different fights as they are going on, but to be honest that is where quite a bit of the fun is. The number of people in a clan would have to be limited though, and again I suggest to eight.

A clan fight might take a lot longer time if multiple clans could join in a free for all type match. Once created it would start at a stated time and clans reading about its existence could click to sign up for it.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
If Clans are implemented there should be Clan PVP (just like regular PVP on land), and Clan Ship PVP. And because Pirate 101 will always be a family friendly game Kingsisle could choose the name of each clan and call them something else other than clan, I'm thinking forges. I'm thinking maybe have mostly animal named clans / forges, Below is my system on how I would do implement clans / forges.

To start I would have 7 clans / forges. The reason I would have 7 clans / forges is so a person with a maxed out account of 6 max level pirates could sign up each of their pirates to be apart of a different clan / forge but with 7 clans / forges it would be impossible to have a pirate on your account apart of each clan / forge, that would not be fair. By having 7 clans / forges you would have to not be apart of at least 1 of them.

Since clans / forges would be able to PVP 24 hours a day, I think at the start 200 people should be allowed to join each clan / forge, that way there should always be enough online to battle at all hours.

Here are my ideas for the names of the clans / forges:

Cat Clan / Cat Forge - This one would be popular with people who have cats for pets, this one would have a cats face for a logo and its whiskers would both be in the shape of the letter C.
Dog Clan / Dog Forge - This one would be popular with people who have dogs for pets, this one would have a dog face for a logo and would have the letter D on its collar.
Kings Clan / Kings Forge - This one takes part of its name from Kingsisle and would have a crown logo with the letter K on the crown.
Rat Clan / Rat Forge - This one Ratbeard would probably like you to be in. It would have a Rat's Face for a logo with both of its ears in the shape of the letter R.
Skull Clan / Skull Forge - This one takes part of its name from Skull Island, and would have a skull logo, and would have the letter S on the forehead of the skull.
Turtle Clan / Turtle Forge - This one would be reminiscent of Mooshu and have a turtle logo with the letter T on its shell.
Watermelon Clan / Watermelon Forge - This one would arguably be the most fun named one. It would have a watermelon slice for a logo with the seeds on the slice being in the shape of the letter W. Half of the word Watermelon is the word water and pirates were very familiar with ocean water.

It's important each clan's / forge's name start with a different weapon because I am proposing each clan / forge be able to earn special items with the first letter of their name (C, D, K, R, S. T, W) imprinted on it. The items probably wouldn't have enough space to spell out the entire name of it, but would have enough space to put the first letter of it on the item.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
I guess if only one clan signs up to join it might be nice to have an extremely hard computer clan to go up against which would of course have their own flag.

Ensign
Mar 03, 2014
anecorbie on Jul 15, 2019 wrote:
Go to the Bilge Pump to report glitches or bugs. You ought to contact Support ( Top of this page under the Help section ).

Check your backpack to see if your free gift is there - if it was a booster Pack, the objects it gives will be in your backpack.
Good Luck!
did not FIX ANYTHING