Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The near impossible to get items ought to be..

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
badge rewards in addition to their current nearly impossible drop rates. If you farm for the Prince of Illious Quiver a hundred times you ought to be guaranteed to get it upon the 100th time, same with the moo manchu items and the key boss items. I am all for farming but when you do something 100 times over and still have the same odds of getting it which is nearly impossible farming becomes a bit too much. It seems like some people/characters never got certain drops no matter how many times they do it, while others get them much easier and more often. Lets get real here, if you do any of those fights 100 times you have spent a whole lot of real/game time doing it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Jul 31, 2019 wrote:
badge rewards in addition to their current nearly impossible drop rates. If you farm for the Prince of Illious Quiver a hundred times you ought to be guaranteed to get it upon the 100th time, same with the moo manchu items and the key boss items. I am all for farming but when you do something 100 times over and still have the same odds of getting it which is nearly impossible farming becomes a bit too much. It seems like some people/characters never got certain drops no matter how many times they do it, while others get them much easier and more often. Lets get real here, if you do any of those fights 100 times you have spent a whole lot of real/game time doing it.
I'm against guaranteed boss drops, having you do a certain number of runs to get an item isn't a good idea, it then becomes a grind.
Having earned both the "Master of Moo" & "Bane of Kane" badges should tell you how often I played....( and I have everything from the nef-5 and Moo. I don't have Kane's mask [ but don't want it } I do have everything else he drops, though. )

And it took me two years of farming Miranda for Captain Blood's Jacket! Still thrilled when it dropped!
But I don't believe you have a "guaranteed" drop for a certain number or that the RNG needs adjusting.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Jul 31, 2019 wrote:
I'm against guaranteed boss drops, having you do a certain number of runs to get an item isn't a good idea, it then becomes a grind.
Having earned both the "Master of Moo" & "Bane of Kane" badges should tell you how often I played....( and I have everything from the nef-5 and Moo. I don't have Kane's mask [ but don't want it } I do have everything else he drops, though. )

And it took me two years of farming Miranda for Captain Blood's Jacket! Still thrilled when it dropped!
But I don't believe you have a "guaranteed" drop for a certain number or that the RNG needs adjusting.
I think the best items should be badge rewards but ought to drop the same as always. The way I see the best gear drop is that when an area comes out that has them their initial chance of dropping is quite good, then a bit later I believe the game comes in and drops that chance way lower to an impossible to get level, then more times passes and once again the game comes in and drops the impossible to drop chances to about one third.

Take the dreadnaught item drops for example, used to be you would get one weapon each time in with a chance of getting two, sometimes none but usually you would get one. Now I've been doing the dreadnaught and I get a weapon maybe one time out of 6 to 8 times in. Getting the weapon you wanted used to be fairly difficult at one time in, at one drop per 6 to 8 times in it really becomes quite an awful experience.

Nobody has to do badges, and only the most dedicated will try to actually get all the badges. You can only equip one badge at a time and the badge you equip does nothing for you except give you a title others can see and then there is the nefarious badge that does give you eyes that glow. Making hard to get items as badge rewards in addition to their normal dropping does not take away from farming nor does it take away from the game given that those that farm for something forever tend to become incredibly bored and dissatisfied with the game and quit either for a little while or a long time. 100 times in to farm for an item that still doesn't drop is way too much. Some have farmed for an item for 1000 times and still haven't gotten it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Takhethis on Aug 1, 2019 wrote:
I think the best items should be badge rewards but ought to drop the same as always. The way I see the best gear drop is that when an area comes out that has them their initial chance of dropping is quite good, then a bit later I believe the game comes in and drops that chance way lower to an impossible to get level, then more times passes and once again the game comes in and drops the impossible to drop chances to about one third.

Take the dreadnaught item drops for example, used to be you would get one weapon each time in with a chance of getting two, sometimes none but usually you would get one. Now I've been doing the dreadnaught and I get a weapon maybe one time out of 6 to 8 times in. Getting the weapon you wanted used to be fairly difficult at one time in, at one drop per 6 to 8 times in it really becomes quite an awful experience.

Nobody has to do badges, and only the most dedicated will try to actually get all the badges. You can only equip one badge at a time and the badge you equip does nothing for you except give you a title others can see and then there is the nefarious badge that does give you eyes that glow. Making hard to get items as badge rewards in addition to their normal dropping does not take away from farming nor does it take away from the game given that those that farm for something forever tend to become incredibly bored and dissatisfied with the game and quit either for a little while or a long time. 100 times in to farm for an item that still doesn't drop is way too much. Some have farmed for an item for 1000 times and still haven't gotten it.
Nobody likes farming and there do seem to be some players being more "lucky" than others. I have had my share of lucky drops, and more than my share of farming.
However, I don't quite believe that the game "adjusts" drops according to how long an instance is being used. Not having been able to farm the Dreadnought ( curse you, cabin glitchers! ) I can't comment on drop rate.
I can comment on drop rate for the Tower & Machine, though, and I observe that the drop rate ( especially for the Tower ) is high. Everyone has a good chance of getting a great piece of gear. It may not be what you want but boss gear drops frequently. Another point to consider, that unlike W101 where those get an individual reward, P101 players get a group reward: everyone gets the same thing!.