Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Characters should be able to train their talents

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
as high as their companions can. It really annoys and bothers me that companions are able to train health and dodge and the like up to level 5 but characters can only train them up to 3 even though their items and grants on pets would put those levels up to 5. The talents at level 5 are already defined, the companions already have and use them, so why can't our characters? I am tired of not being able to use the dodgy 2 grants on pets and health 2 grants on pets and so on just cause Pirate101 narrow mindedly believes that character grants should only go up to 3. If level 5 powers doesn't unbalance the game on companions who have them then surely they would not on characters who have them. Level 5 dodgy isn't going to prevent most hits that currently hit, level 5 health isn't going to save most characters from dying when the extra two levels combined give something like 400 extra health and characters are being hit on health in the thousands.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Actually, we pirates can get to level 4 in our talents. This makes us very powerful. Since I've hit max level there are no enemies I can't handle. I believe it would unbalance our characters and perhaps force KI to up the power of future enemies making them "OP" for the average player.
And you can bet, when our story update comes, we'll be facing a difficulty jump as we did for VA2. I remember all the complaining and whining that caused!

Gunner's Mate
Sep 04, 2018
anecorbie on Aug 5, 2019 wrote:
Actually, we pirates can get to level 4 in our talents. This makes us very powerful. Since I've hit max level there are no enemies I can't handle. I believe it would unbalance our characters and perhaps force KI to up the power of future enemies making them "OP" for the average player.
And you can bet, when our story update comes, we'll be facing a difficulty jump as we did for VA2. I remember all the complaining and whining that caused!
Ki has a history of simultaneously dumbing down and nerfing the enemies in the game while boosting player stats and cards and giving us stuff like pets with tons of grants, doubloons, and so on. Granted such opponents were often a bit tough, but they didn't need to both dumb down the monsters and boost the player characters at the same time effectively taking away the challenge, and then to top all that off with we were able to level up further and take much higher level characters and ships and stuff into the fights we used to be a good 10 or so levels lower in. Giving us power levels that we can actually reach and get to isn't a problem, stupid stuff like overkilling intentionally making stuff easier is. An extra 400 health isn't going to make any real difference, either is 10 more dodge. If you haven't noticed, the higher ranks don't actually do that much except for when stuff like pushback is added as a grant five on overwatch and I don't even like pushback except for on bombs which isn't a talent.