Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Some basic strategies for the Sinbad boss battle

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
This isn't to argue that the post of Final Bastion's is wrong about the strategy, companions and tactics suggested in that post.
This is simply an addition for those who don't have Blood's Jacket, Frozen Tide or don't want to use Old Scratch. I've been playing through on all three of my accounts with various classes, all variously equipped and using the first mate set for the preliminary battles.
There is one piece of equipment and power that has been handy for my privateers and witchdoctors: The Lotus Masque and "Charm" I recommend this as well. But, if you don't have it, the following will (perhaps) help you.
For the final battle "Take a Corner"! Jam yourself in tight and have Bonnie Anne (with Overwatch3) have the most protected square; then make them come to you.
Bonnie Anne's overwatch will reduce accuracy, and prevent some talent attacks from hitting. If you have the Lotus Masque and a high Will, you will likely charm an enemy (hopefully Poffo) and they will reduce the number of enemies.
However, if you don't have that, placing your most powerful bucks and swashies where they can protect muskets and witches; is helpful.
Doubloons are extremely helpful: "push" style, criticals, summons (as a distraction) as you buff and shield.

If any of you have other suggestions that don't rely on specific equipment, please give your insight.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
anecorbie on Jun 13, 2021 wrote:
This isn't to argue that the post of Final Bastion's is wrong about the strategy, companions and tactics suggested in that post.
This is simply an addition for those who don't have Blood's Jacket, Frozen Tide or don't want to use Old Scratch. I've been playing through on all three of my accounts with various classes, all variously equipped and using the first mate set for the preliminary battles.
There is one piece of equipment and power that has been handy for my privateers and witchdoctors: The Lotus Masque and "Charm" I recommend this as well. But, if you don't have it, the following will (perhaps) help you.
For the final battle "Take a Corner"! Jam yourself in tight and have Bonnie Anne (with Overwatch3) have the most protected square; then make them come to you.
Bonnie Anne's overwatch will reduce accuracy, and prevent some talent attacks from hitting. If you have the Lotus Masque and a high Will, you will likely charm an enemy (hopefully Poffo) and they will reduce the number of enemies.
However, if you don't have that, placing your most powerful bucks and swashies where they can protect muskets and witches; is helpful.
Doubloons are extremely helpful: "push" style, criticals, summons (as a distraction) as you buff and shield.

If any of you have other suggestions that don't rely on specific equipment, please give your insight.
Those are some good points Anecorbie.
I enjoyed the final battle of the dungeon, it was a nice bit of difficulty. I played it through the first time, joined with a random witchdoctor player ( to a pirate named Elizabeth Kidd, if you're reading this, you're an awesome witchy). I kinda just swashbuckled my way through the fight as I normally do. But it ended up with Scarlet on her last legs, facing Fliehr and a rat solo (with poor Elizabeth knocked out). Thankfully my pet took out Fliehr, and I managed to take out the rat with a knife throw.

As a swashie working along side a witchdoctor, I found that having the Witchdoctor staying back using ranged/AOE attacked, while I ran around the battle space using my poisons and hides/sneak attacks was quite effective. The main point was trying to keep the enemies focused on myself and my companions while the witchdoctor did more area damage.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CdeWinter on Jun 16, 2021 wrote:
Those are some good points Anecorbie.
I enjoyed the final battle of the dungeon, it was a nice bit of difficulty. I played it through the first time, joined with a random witchdoctor player ( to a pirate named Elizabeth Kidd, if you're reading this, you're an awesome witchy). I kinda just swashbuckled my way through the fight as I normally do. But it ended up with Scarlet on her last legs, facing Fliehr and a rat solo (with poor Elizabeth knocked out). Thankfully my pet took out Fliehr, and I managed to take out the rat with a knife throw.

As a swashie working along side a witchdoctor, I found that having the Witchdoctor staying back using ranged/AOE attacked, while I ran around the battle space using my poisons and hides/sneak attacks was quite effective. The main point was trying to keep the enemies focused on myself and my companions while the witchdoctor did more area damage.
Thank you for sharing your duo strategy, my advice was primarily for those attempting to solo the fight. On that note I want to advise swashbucklers to be careful of using Black Fog when your team-mate/s aren't also swashbucklers: don't drag out the rounds while you use every single buff and shield you have. Remember they are now the target, one round but no more.