Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your LEAST favorite companion?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 29, 2010
Who is the one companion who you really don't like? I don't really mean looks but just their fighting moves. For me it would have to be Nurse Quinn. Her damage is fair but her accuracy is only about 45 and her dodge is only about 40. Whenever I have her in battle she dies no matter what I do to keep her alive. So anyway,that's the one companion who I dislike most. What about you guys?

~Bloody Wolf Freeman~

Community Leader
For me it's a tie between Nurse Quinn and the Crab Hermit from Valencia. They're both so extremely limited, they both die a LOT and, as of level 47, (I think) neither has gotten a meet-me-in-a-tavern upgrade.

Ensign
Oct 06, 2012
I don't really like Nurse Quinn. Whoops, I meant to say I HATE her.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I agree. Toss up between Nurse Quinn and the Crab Hermit. They are both very last on my list. However, if I had to make a choice, I'd take along Nurse Quinn before the Crab Hermit.

Ensign
Feb 01, 2011
Mine is Subodai, my first companion, or Tricky Vinny. I almost never use training points on them unless I want to make them stronger. They're not very strong to begin with, though, which is irrtiating in battle.

Ensign
Dec 28, 2008
I'm going with either Nurse Quinn, The Crab Hermit from Valencia, or the Monquistian companions. They always die on me and really do not help out in battle for me. They look cool, but just not the companions I want. I wish there was a way to get rid of companions (and maybe get some gold from selling), but you know, the game is still new, so it'll have updates come later on.

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2010
I would have to say my least favorite is Billy The Kid.
The Billygoat Gunslinger.

I'm just not a fan of goats for some reason.

He seems to draw attention to quickly and dies just as fast.

Ensign
May 17, 2011
A Mythspent Youth on Nov 18, 2012 wrote:
For me it's a tie between Nurse Quinn and the Crab Hermit from Valencia. They're both so extremely limited, they both die a LOT and, as of level 47, (I think) neither has gotten a meet-me-in-a-tavern upgrade.
I acually LOVE nurse quinn, she is one of my favorite companions. I do have to agree on the Valencian hermit crab, though, because his range glitch is just awful...

Community Leader
I hesitate to cast judgement since I haven't yet reached the end of the game, but right now, the two least useful are my Monquistan Crossbowman and my Water Mole Slingman. The epic abilities they come with (one has the "extra turn if enemy misses" the other has "extra hit when enemy runs away") never proc. I had them for 20 levels and have never seen either of those happen. The crossbowman promotes, so he may see increased usefulness, but the slingman, as near as I can see, does not promote. I guess he'll have to live at the bottom of my list!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Jun 13, 2010
For me its Bonnie, yeah sure in the beginning of the game she's cool and all, but later on she becomes SO SQUISHY

As a privateer I have to focus on her whenever we're in a battle and she gets in because usually in a couple hits she dies. The other complaint... she does soo little damage compared to my other companions ( I tried to train here equally, but when I did.. she still didn't do any good damage.)

So for me... any companion is better then Bonnie for now

Ensign
Sep 14, 2008
Battacuda, hands down. Continually gets blocked and dies because its a melee companion. Useless against the Armada.

Lieutenant
Sep 29, 2010
TheDragonTamer237 on Nov 18, 2012 wrote:
Mine is Subodai, my first companion, or Tricky Vinny. I almost never use training points on them unless I want to make them stronger. They're not very strong to begin with, though, which is irrtiating in battle.
I used to not really like Subodai either. I was kind of careless with my points and never leveled him up. Now that I have completed his section promo he is an excellent fighter. He criticals allot in battle and almost never gets hit. So he used to be my least favorite but now he is one of my favorites.

Lieutenant
Sep 29, 2010
Peabotz on Nov 19, 2012 wrote:
I would have to say my least favorite is Billy The Kid.
The Billygoat Gunslinger.

I'm just not a fan of goats for some reason.

He seems to draw attention to quickly and dies just as fast.
I've never seen him in action except during that quest in Cool Ranch.

Lieutenant
Sep 29, 2010
xXplayer5123Xx on Nov 19, 2012 wrote:
For me its Bonnie, yeah sure in the beginning of the game she's cool and all, but later on she becomes SO SQUISHY

As a privateer I have to focus on her whenever we're in a battle and she gets in because usually in a couple hits she dies. The other complaint... she does soo little damage compared to my other companions ( I tried to train here equally, but when I did.. she still didn't do any good damage.)

So for me... any companion is better then Bonnie for now
Really? My Bonnie Anne does allot of damage 300-450 for critical hits, 150-250 for normal hits and around 200 for the spread shot attack and usually always blocks or dodges an attack. Kind of weird how I see all this saying how she is weak and dies easily but mine is pretty much indestructible and unstoppable. But that's just me I guess.

Ensign
Dec 30, 2011
to me old scratch is the worst, its cool he can hit multple enimies, but he is so weak and his summon usually dies with one hit now that i am in cool ranch. next would have to be louie labisque, i cant stand having his weak harpoon on my team. "sigh" he gets blocked all the time and has terrible defense. Would like to see the ability to "sideline" my companions that i dont want.

Next i would summerize all the companions you get that dont have any special attacks other than epic abilites, i mean COME ON! they should be able to have one at least. those that usualy dont have an attack to use i keep on the bottom.

Ensign
Jul 27, 2009
Talkin The Plank on Nov 19, 2012 wrote:
I hesitate to cast judgement since I haven't yet reached the end of the game, but right now, the two least useful are my Monquistan Crossbowman and my Water Mole Slingman. The epic abilities they come with (one has the "extra turn if enemy misses" the other has "extra hit when enemy runs away") never proc. I had them for 20 levels and have never seen either of those happen. The crossbowman promotes, so he may see increased usefulness, but the slingman, as near as I can see, does not promote. I guess he'll have to live at the bottom of my list!
I totally agree with you there

Ensign
Jul 29, 2011
The crab hermit is one companion I HATE. The glitch he has makes him almost useless. I keep him dead last on my list but because he always likes to show up. I still level him so battles don't take twice as long when he does show up. I'am guilty of sometimes fleeing the battle when he does show up though lol. Also I hate that pathetic look he has on his face when you click on his square. I wish I could just throw him overboard when I'm on my ship.

Ensign
Aug 29, 2010
Ensign
May 07, 2011
My disliked companions...

1. Nurse Quinn
2. Crab Hermit
3. Crazed Monquistador
4. Milo Graytail

Milo is okay and I don't hate him, but I don't love him. The Monkey I don't really care for either because I got another monkey that is better. The crab hermit is terrible... It takes 2 turns for him to attack and he has no good abilities. Nurse Quinn good be good if she looked more like a pirate and less like an old lady kissing you boo-boo. Until then, I got her so she has less 1% chance of appearing. (The scariest part is when she appears in a fight anyways )

Petty Officer
Nov 21, 2010
CaptainAureus on Nov 26, 2012 wrote:
I've never seen him in action except during that quest in Cool Ranch.
I believe he is a Buccaneer only, companion.

Since it is my Buc., that has him.

Ensign
Apr 15, 2012
Ugh, thats my watermole spearman, Nanu Nanu...
He dies so quick. I never use my healing spells on him.

- Stormy Anna Everret

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
I don't really dislike any of them, but the one at the bottom of my roster is Jane Canary, she just dosn't seem to ever do anything special.

Ensign
May 13, 2011
Rhemas on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
Battacuda, hands down. Continually gets blocked and dies because its a melee companion. Useless against the Armada.
Batacuda is my favorite companion! obviously you dont give him enough points cause i have him at lvl 23 and he is really strong. as for my least favorite, ratbeard ratbeard ratbeard! i hate him cause mormo hates him and i like mormo.

Ensign
Oct 30, 2012
My least favorite is Gaspard De Vole.
One, the translation of his name is Gaspard Of Rat.
Two, he is weak and dies too much.
Three, he doesn't critical much.

My second least favorite is Louis Le Bisque
One, he doesn't hit for good damage, usually like 29 for me
Two, he spawns too much
Three, he makes a weird noise when he hits

~Talon Everhart, The Sniper~

-Too cool for you-

Ensign
Oct 30, 2012
forceofdeath on Dec 6, 2012 wrote:
My disliked companions...

1. Nurse Quinn
2. Crab Hermit
3. Crazed Monquistador
4. Milo Graytail

Milo is okay and I don't hate him, but I don't love him. The Monkey I don't really care for either because I got another monkey that is better. The crab hermit is terrible... It takes 2 turns for him to attack and he has no good abilities. Nurse Quinn good be good if she looked more like a pirate and less like an old lady kissing you boo-boo. Until then, I got her so she has less 1% chance of appearing. (The scariest part is when she appears in a fight anyways )
(The scariest part is when she appears in a fight anyways)

:P Agreed

~Talon Everhart, The Sniper~

-Too cool for chu-