Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hybrid Hunters

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
With this new update out I just wanted to let you all know that Hep and I have doubled the amount of hybrids that can be found in game.

You may want to try some combos that might not have worked before, and some holiday pets are now in the mix.

Good Hunting!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Dec 10, 2014 wrote:
With this new update out I just wanted to let you all know that Hep and I have doubled the amount of hybrids that can be found in game.

You may want to try some combos that might not have worked before, and some holiday pets are now in the mix.

Good Hunting!
Oh no, there goes my non-virtual social life....again! Can you be so kind to tell me which combos I tried in the past will now be working just fine? As well as which combos I have tried that will never work

This is very exciting, and I can't wait to see what new goodies are out there to be discovered. Thank you for keeping us informed.

Good luck fellow morphers.....May the Morphs be with you! (and forever flowin' gold as well).

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011

Good Hunting!
Thank you for the heads up, I'm gonna need more coffee for this much much more.....

Ensign
Oct 17, 2010

Good Hunting!
Why Decius, you and Hep really have been working your hearts out for us!

I can't wait to see what kind of creatures we all can discover. :D

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Good Hunting!
Ok, my lapse into overthinker's anonymous: Doubled could be deceiving. Perhaps there were 2 and now there are only 4. OR.......There were 15 we have been missing and now there are 30. GAH My head.
I love the info Decius and relish every clue you give us but *Sighs* You just threw in a huge amount of unknown variables not to mention the stuff we had deduced as not viable. Now it's ALL a mish mash again. Or should I say "A Morphing Mash"

I need a cookie.

Ensign
May 16, 2011
Is it even possible to fit 40 hours in one day to keep farming gold and morphing?
Gosh! there must be about 1000 combinations to try!

Come on Decius we need big help here please **sweet non complaining begging voice**

Commodore
May 31, 2009

Good Hunting!
*Shakes head* I was SO close to getting all of the non-card pets, including known hybrids. Guess not now! Thanks for the information Decius; I have a feeling that the Morphing Tent will be very crowded for the next week or so.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
the crawls and skitters one is the new iguana and the lionfish isn't it?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
DuranteRamses87 on Dec 11, 2014 wrote:
the crawls and skitters one is the new iguana and the lionfish isn't it?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
that clue was from before the update, and would only include pets that were able to be acquired before the update.

Community Leader
Wait, our holiday pets now produce a hybrid? Too bad housing is turned off so I can't get my holiday pets for hybrid research LOL!

Also, does this include card pets?

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
No card pets are part of any morph combo outside of the one that is already known.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Kelsey Fireheart on Dec 11, 2014 wrote:
Wait, our holiday pets now produce a hybrid? Too bad housing is turned off so I can't get my holiday pets for hybrid research LOL!

Also, does this include card pets?
Sounds like housing should be turned on with the update happening 12/12/14 3:00 am to 5:00 am CST.

Community Leader
Wait does the new holiday pets; the Ostrich Pear Tree and Santa Claws produce hybrids? As well as the Jungle Toad and Iguana? Or is it for pets BEFORE them that can produce hybrids?

Also, Crawls in Purple would make me think of Cutie Chameleon. I would think Skitters would fit Coconut Crawlie except it's not really red. It has a green shell. There's no red skittering pet except if you talk about Crimson Crawlie however it's a card pet, so no.

Crawls makes me think of pets that are low to the ground and crawls slowly like crocs, chameleons, etc. Skitters again low to the ground, but moves fast like bugs, crabs, scylla, etc. Both seem to be pets who actually walk on the ground, not float, fly above it.

But if it is actually Red and skitters... Maybe we shouldn't be so literal about the red color. After all the Coral Widow is partly red? It does skitter like a bug would. As long as it has the red, it should count too even though it's mostly black?

So could it be the Cutie Chameleon x Coral Widow Spider? Has anyone tried that?

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Ensign
May 16, 2011
Kelsey Fireheart on Dec 12, 2014 wrote:
Wait does the new holiday pets; the Ostrich Pear Tree and Santa Claws produce hybrids? As well as the Jungle Toad and Iguana? Or is it for pets BEFORE them that can produce hybrids?

Also, Crawls in Purple would make me think of Cutie Chameleon. I would think Skitters would fit Coconut Crawlie except it's not really red. It has a green shell. There's no red skittering pet except if you talk about Crimson Crawlie however it's a card pet, so no.

Crawls makes me think of pets that are low to the ground and crawls slowly like crocs, chameleons, etc. Skitters again low to the ground, but moves fast like bugs, crabs, scylla, etc. Both seem to be pets who actually walk on the ground, not float, fly above it.

But if it is actually Red and skitters... Maybe we shouldn't be so literal about the red color. After all the Coral Widow is partly red? It does skitter like a bug would. As long as it has the red, it should count too even though it's mostly black?

So could it be the Cutie Chameleon x Coral Widow Spider? Has anyone tried that?
That combo has been used numerous times by me and I'm sure Valkoor was working on that combo too. I've tried quite a few times with Coral Widow and Orchid too, but this one just wants to stay with Decius I think.

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
This combo has proven to be a bit tedious. All of these combos that we are trying and it is just not happening.

Skitters is in small thin red letters and crawls bold purple letters. This makes me think the pet has a "little" bit of red and "a lot" of purple. Decius did say there were 4 clues in one line remember?

So thinking that way, Spectre, Coral Widow, Clown fish and Crawlie have a bits of red. A lot of purple would be the Corrupt Dragon or Orchid Chameleon. The Faun and Imperial Lion have purple as well, but do not crawl.

So which of these pets fit the skitter and crawl? I know we have all been working like crazy to figure this one out. Still no one has shown up with a pet that fits this combo.

Come on out, plz. If Decius could possibly give this one a small shove out the door it would be wonderful.

Thank you for your hints :D We will get it!

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Not to long ago, people complained that there was no way they could find more hybrids and that they needed a clue.
I have given you 2 clues for 2 different hybrids, and I have even seen some mention of the correct combo.

I did see the Lavalanchula was found. Good job all, but there is more to the spiders than just that fiery spider.

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
Decius Duelmaster on Dec 15, 2014 wrote:
Not to long ago, people complained that there was no way they could find more hybrids and that they needed a clue.
I have given you 2 clues for 2 different hybrids, and I have even seen some mention of the correct combo.

I did see the Lavalanchula was found. Good job all, but there is more to the spiders than just that fiery spider.
We are working on it, believe me we are. The magic rubby patty needs to adjusted a bit though. I think it needs to say *****Does enhance chances of creating wonderful new creatures

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011

By the way, I read ya loud and clear

Community Leader

Decius, I know you might feel frustrated and so do we. But I wanna thank you for being so patient with us. We are trying our best :( I literally hatch ALL DAY trying combos and so has other people. But I just want you to know that we do appreciate your help, so thank you.

As for the Morphers here, let's try the following combinations for the Spider hint aka Red Skitters, Purple Crawls:

Black Widow x Orchid Chameleon
Black Widow x Cutie Chameleon
Black Widow x Coconut Crawlie

Let's do one per day or all three per day, whatever you want as long as you try all of them. If you want to do one per day, may I suggest you do Widow x Orchid one day, the day right after do Widow x Cutie, then next day Widow x Coconut then repeat it.

The reason we added Coconut Crawlie because it's LITERALLY named CRAWLie and it's partly purple. So I thought we should give this a chance.

We will worry about the red orange combination later. I am pretty sure it's the Clown Fish because its egg is orange and red. However, what to hatch it to? It's pretty broad and too difficult unless we get another hint to what to hatch it with. Once we find the spider hybrid that Decius is hinting at, we will focus on this one.

GOOD LUCK!

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
Figure ill just post here what luck (or lack of ) i am having
Today tried Coral Widow and Cutie Chameleon / did 15 attempts / only thing i got was more
Widows and Cuties /
Not sure how many times is enough to really get the truth of it.
Would love to hear how many tries others are making at same or similar so we can all track it

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
Kelsey Fireheart on Dec 16, 2014 wrote:
Decius, I know you might feel frustrated and so do we. But I wanna thank you for being so patient with us. We are trying our best :( I literally hatch ALL DAY trying combos and so has other people. But I just want you to know that we do appreciate your help, so thank you.

As for the Morphers here, let's try the following combinations for the Spider hint aka Red Skitters, Purple Crawls:

Black Widow x Orchid Chameleon
Black Widow x Cutie Chameleon
Black Widow x Coconut Crawlie

Let's do one per day or all three per day, whatever you want as long as you try all of them. If you want to do one per day, may I suggest you do Widow x Orchid one day, the day right after do Widow x Cutie, then next day Widow x Coconut then repeat it.

The reason we added Coconut Crawlie because it's LITERALLY named CRAWLie and it's partly purple. So I thought we should give this a chance.

We will worry about the red orange combination later. I am pretty sure it's the Clown Fish because its egg is orange and red. However, what to hatch it to? It's pretty broad and too difficult unless we get another hint to what to hatch it with. Once we find the spider hybrid that Decius is hinting at, we will focus on this one.

GOOD LUCK!
I am not gonna talk about the red and purple skitter and crawl.

But I will add to the other hint, the orange red orange. So a while back, a long while back I noticed in the screen shots of the puppet show that there is a black spider with a fruit basket on its head (you can see the banana on top). I kinda thought it would become a Banana Spider one day. But if we go off of the Clown fish + Coral Widow theory it would make since. A silly (clowny type) spider that has a basket of fruit on its head

Not sure how many people have noticed this spider, but I have a nice freeze frame of this silly creature.

Just my thoughts.

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
Well another 15 morphs / Today it was the Coral Widow and the Orchid Chameleon / and yet again only the 2 parent types were the result.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Well I see you have collectively found 2 of the "new" ones. 3 if you count the brown tarantula, but its not "really" a hybrid.

You know I have a 1 year old Mexican curly haired tarantula at home. Not very big at all, but finally big enough to appreciate. If you can guess my tarantulas name I will give out another hint.

Ensign
Dec 12, 2012