Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hybrid Hunters

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
Ahoy there pirates!
I did discover some hybrids on the wiki. If you morph a hammerhead shark and an ice scarab, you can get a frost biter. And also, if you morph a frostbiter with a mini minotaur, you can get a skyrime minotaur. If you morph a frostbiter with a white tailed jackalope, you can get a winter jackalope.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Its been a while since I have shared a picture of my pets, so here you go!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Commodore
May 31, 2009
Not sure how many are aware, but a black dimetrosaur hybrid (Dimetrosaur x Phantasm Pagona) was discovered a few days ago.

Ensign
Dec 21, 2009
You know you could probably resolve a lot of the little fits of "I have to retry everything again" by making an in game "Researchers Manuel" that keeps track of what you have morphed together before so that you can continue to advance forward and proceed to collect all of them if that suits their fancy. but you guys are working hard and I understand that making something just appear for ease of access is difficult so just an idea to help you guys out.

its just I want to make sure you guys as devs have an easy time and a supportive think tank rather than a angry and greedy crowd lol also while on the subject of pet hybrids where do yall get your ideas from anyway? I was always curious how yall worked.

Yall guys are great but you should help yourselves to take some of the weight off your shoulders.
- with care Mr sharp

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
How many of the hybrid pets have been discovered and obtained? Just so we know how many more we have to find.

Ensign
Jul 27, 2010
I'm new to the board, but I have been playing pirate for almost a month now. I have experience in wizard101 with hybrids, so I might as well contribute. In wizard101 there is a tarantula hawk pet bought from crown shop. Maybe a black market tarantula and a hawk pet when morphed can produce a tarantula hawk? I have neither pet, so I'm just throwing that out there. But, if it turns out to give either of the parents back, then off to discover something else.

Ensign
Jul 10, 2010
In Ki Live, @Decius Duelmaster said that a Scylla Spawn and a Tarantula from the crown shop would make a hybrid that would make more hybrids.

Ensign
Aug 27, 2012
Brave Hunter Young on Apr 21, 2016 wrote:
In Ki Live, @Decius Duelmaster said that a Scylla Spawn and a Tarantula from the crown shop would make a hybrid that would make more hybrids.
I think your talking about the Sarlac Scylla which is the Scylla Spawn and the Anansi(a spider) and yesterday I saw one in the morphing tent, I'm wondering if i should have asked that guy to morph and see if i could get lucky, but morph with what I'm wondering?

Till the next epic hybrid pet,
Thanks for listening,

Lvl 65 / Lvl 65 / Lvl 65 / Lvl 65 / Lvl 61

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
FISH THIEF on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:
I think your talking about the Sarlac Scylla which is the Scylla Spawn and the Anansi(a spider) and yesterday I saw one in the morphing tent, I'm wondering if i should have asked that guy to morph and see if i could get lucky, but morph with what I'm wondering?

Till the next epic hybrid pet,
Thanks for listening,

Lvl 65 / Lvl 65 / Lvl 65 / Lvl 65 / Lvl 61
He probably means morphing the scylla spawn with the black market tarantula.

Ensign
Jul 10, 2010
Tara Tew discovered the hybrid. Its a Sarlac Scylla. You make this pet with a Scylla Spawn and a Anansi!

Ensign
Jul 27, 2010
Decius Duelmaster on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
Nope, I just checked.

Whats something that skitters?
and whats something that crawls?
One has red on its coloring.
The other has a purplish pink color.
I summon thee, Decius, oh great and powerful. Would you care to confirm(or deny) that the hint pertaining to a pet that skitters and has red on its coloring is a Dire Crab?

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Jan 13, 2016 wrote:

So, who drops that Scuba Diver pet - or is it a hybrid?

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Brave Hunter Young on Apr 21, 2016 wrote:
anybody try that with a stardust chameleon yet? might make starkiller...
and I've mentioned dire + cutie= skitters/crawls clue last morphathon.. anybody try it yet?
Bruno once mentioned a little labor golem +hoggle or porcupine might make a pot-bellied pig..
we know emusaur + one of the furry/fuzzy eggs from grizzley pack=a furry something
we know from Bestia the golden hedgehog, aqua lop-eared bunnicorn, the aqua-maned imperial foo lion/dog, green/yellow fanadango and the green/yellow quackosaurus, and jungle chameleon are possible hybrid teasers right in front of our noses..
we know Decius has hinted of "webs of combinations" regarding spiders..
please remember these and a few other clues when you come to the morphathon event on May 28th, bring gold and pets rarely tried, share with new people, chat about talents, speak and be heard about your theories and experiences on P101.. meet new friends!!! :D
ty for listening,
stormy jen silver

Ensign
May 16, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Jan 13, 2016 wrote:

So, the really sleek reptile in the picture, is that a skink? If so, would that be in relation to a Pagona, Dimetrosaur, or some undiscovered/unreleased reptile pet? Maybe the Celestial Dragon pet?

I guess I could try Heck Kitty or Tabby Cub with Iguana, and Anansi (I like the reference) or other tarantula pets with one of the pets that relate to a skink/lizard. Maybe the coral in the scuba background is to reference the Coral Widow, so that spider makes at least one hybrid with one of the others mentioned above, or maybe even one of the sea related pets. That's just a guess though.

I was looking through the pets placed in the game and I noticed a very green Chameleon, a blue and green Fandango (both are in the pet training loading screen), a yellow Dire Crab (bestia puppet show), and of course the greenish Pagona in the morphing tent. Trying Blue Ostrich with Fandango currently to see if that gets me any results, no luck yet, but only 2 tries so far.

That's end of this brainstorm report. Best of luck in finding those 4x Elusive hybrids everyone.

Ensign
Jan 03, 2016
The rock crab could be one of the pets used for the new morph.

Ensign
Dec 19, 2012
So Decius said this in a previous thread: "Well for the new pets that arrived with VA2, every one makes at least 1 hybrid, some make 10 or more." I was wondering if we could get a hint for one of these pets.