Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hybrid Hunters

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jun 22, 2014
Wait, so Decius, the Hedgehog and Hoggle (pack pet) to make a Pork U Pine doesn't work, or does it still?

Ensign
Aug 30, 2010
So I've been Wizard101-ing for a while, but with the new Test Realm release (yay! ) I felt like I just had to go check out the new content. On the Update Notes, I noticed that it said "New hybrid combinations are available to be discovered, including some swimming, feathered and purring pets! Happy morphing, Pirates!" and I thought, "OOOH! Purring pets? ThankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouTHANKYOU Decius!!!! Finally a Heck kitty hybrid! And that got me thinking- have any hybrids been discovered while I was away? So I got together a bunch of hints. Some of them . ANYways, here they are:
"I did see the Lavalanchula was found. Good job all, but there is more to the spiders than just that fiery spider."
The (original) clue “one parent skitters and the other parent crawls”is from before the December 2014 update
“Sometimes hybrids create hybrids”
“..trying to tame a lion”
Unknown lion pet on the side of the stadium in Bestia
“Very pink crawler” –not Marshmadillo- and a “multicolored pinching skitterer” makes a “tasty result”
“barking spider”
“Whole WEB of combinations no one has found”
“The best place to hide something is out in the open”
“Fandango + a fandango = a fandango”
“Fuzzy” and the other pet is the “least-owned pet in Pirate101” (Let’s get Madam Vadima to answer that!)

So that's about all I've heard. Best of luck in the morphing tent,
~Elizabeth Gunwale

Ensign
Jul 08, 2015
This is so exciting! Can anyone do a HUGE favor for me and tell me if they know what the outcome is of a Pink Marshadillo and aa Black Tiger? I'm hoping for a black Marshadillo- That would be amazing! But anyone with information please reply :)

Ensign
Jun 29, 2009
I found this thread when I started really getting into morphing. I check it periodically, when I hear about new hints. However, reading Elizabeth's post from a couple days ago, I realize that I totally missed more of the hints than I actually got!

If the hints are meant to help the entire player base, it might be nice to have an NPC keep a research log book in a library in Bestia.... where the clues could be read by all the players, and updated periodically. I have been away from game for awhile, and would love a place to check the current clues and know which clues were figured out and "closed out" so to speak. Of course at the back of the book should be link to the circus maximus section of the message boards, since it is a valuable resource, and I was quite frustrated when I figured out what I had been missing before I found it.

On the other hand, if the clues are meant only for the diligent message board readers of the player base, then that wouldn't make sense.

Just some food for thought.

The log could also be something we have to bribe someone for a peek at, just saying.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Dec 11, 2014 wrote:
No card pets are part of any morph combo outside of the one that is already known.
for clarification Decius.. since we had such a large update.... is this still true? or have we now opened up card pets as possibilities in new hybrid parent combinations? I know at one point it was "someday" you might allow card pets as part parents.. is that now a current option or no? Are card pets still not part of morphing a hybrid?

if so x opens huge can of worms x

stormy jen

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
stormyjensilverdra... on Aug 8, 2015 wrote:
for clarification Decius.. since we had such a large update.... is this still true? or have we now opened up card pets as possibilities in new hybrid parent combinations? I know at one point it was "someday" you might allow card pets as part parents.. is that now a current option or no? Are card pets still not part of morphing a hybrid?

if so x opens huge can of worms x

stormy jen
There is still only 1 card pet that is used for making hybrids.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Aug 10, 2015 wrote:
Hmmm.....hybrids you say.....interesting......could this mean multiples of one hybrid, or, perhaps multiple hybrids of different types?

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Aug 10, 2015 wrote:
awesome! ty! thought so he he hee... gonna go grab my rattler test it to other parents too...

Ensign
May 30, 2010
Ensign
Feb 26, 2013
Delcius, there is a pet know and love, the Blue Ring Walktopus, does will it recieve a hybrid or does it have one already.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
OK, this is a hint for one that has been in for about 9 months.
It starts out with a dark colored fuzzy pet + something that's on fire.
You end up with something you might not want to touch with your bare hands.

Ensign
May 17, 2013
stormyjensilverdra... on Aug 10, 2015 wrote:
awesome! ty! thought so he he hee... gonna go grab my rattler test it to other parents too...
The card pet that makes a hybrid is the Golden Sky Rattler.

It makes the Golden Sky Dragon because the Golden Sky Rattler's graphic was glitched back in the beginning and everyone loved the look of it. So they made it a permanent thing.

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Aug 27, 2015 wrote:
Heck kitty + Fire toad? that would be really dangerous to touch XD
Black tiger + fire toad?
TERRORLOON + BULLROG?!??!

Community Leader
We were talking about this. Some of us are concerned. Are you sure this is not a hybrid hint for the Lavalaunula which is produced from a Black Market Tarantula and Fire Toad? We just wanna double check before wasting our gold to test this lol

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Kelsey Fireheart on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:
We were talking about this. Some of us are concerned. Are you sure this is not a hybrid hint for the Lavalaunula which is produced from a Black Market Tarantula and Fire Toad? We just wanna double check before wasting our gold to test this lol
Yes it was.
Hmm....
I didn't see a post on that one.

Well I guess now I will have to go find some other clues to give you.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
My guess:

White -tailed Jackalope x firetoad = Charcoalope

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
This one is slippery.
One part is silly, the other part is green.
You will know you got it right when the you see disco lights.

This one has been in about a year and no one has found it yet. At least I don't see it listed on any of the fan pages.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Aug 28, 2015 wrote:
This one is slippery.

This one has been in about a year and no one has found it yet. At least I don't see it listed on any of the fan pages.
Haha! Finally ol' Gus will get to dance again! Hope that Armadisco is still jivin'...AHHHHHH, Freak Out!!!

So, I'm pretty positive that one half of this recipe is the Armadillo Verde...with the disco part and the fact that verde means green. The silly part just has to be the Clown Fish, plus it's a slimy egg...and well, fishies are a bit slippery. Hopefully that's the right combo, because a disco dancin' 'dillo with a rainbow fro' is just what the Spiral needed!

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
This one is slippery.

Around for a year? That means before jungle frog, iguana, or scyllia spawn.

Clown fish x Crokagator?

Community Leader
This one is slippery.

Is this for one pet or two?

Like 1 - Slippery, 2 - Silly & Green.

Or is it 1. Silly, 2. Green.

Or is it 1. Silly Green?

Or is it 1. Slippery, Silly & Green.

I'm already confused LOL. HALP.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Kelsey Fireheart on Aug 29, 2015 wrote:
Is this for one pet or two?

Like 1 - Slippery, 2 - Silly & Green.

Or is it 1. Silly, 2. Green.

Or is it 1. Silly Green?

Or is it 1. Slippery, Silly & Green.

I'm already confused LOL. HALP.
The hybrid will be slippery. It's parent are silly and green.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
This one is slippery.

On second thought, maybe it's not the Clown Fish and Armadillo Verde...maybe it's the Glow Fish and the Armadillo Verde, perhaps?

What do you need for successful disco lights. The disco and the lights! Everyone knows that 'dillos love to boogie down, disco style-- yep, common knowledge there. And those glow fish are a bit slippery and silly as well, and rather luminous and light-y.

So what would happen when you mix disco 'dillo and a fish that lights up the dance floor-- one heck of a dance party, of course :P

Ok, now I'm changing gears again...can't help but going back to the original pairing idea And now back to the second pairing...and back again.

Whichever ends up being the right recipe-- A Disco 'Dillo just sounds soooooo right!

Ensign
May 17, 2013
Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
This one is slippery.

What do you think when you hear 'silly'? CLOWNFISH!
And is comes from a SLIPPERY egg.
Has the clownfish been out for a year yet? Someone check.
We know now to only use pets that have only been out for a year, so don't use a rock crab or any of the newer pets.

Ensign
Oct 18, 2009
the silly part is most likely clownfish
for the green part, could be a frog, or syclla spawn