Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hybrid Hunters

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Dec 19, 2014 wrote:
Well I see you have collectively found 2 of the "new" ones. 3 if you count the brown tarantula, but its not "really" a hybrid.

You know I have a 1 year old Mexican curly haired tarantula at home. Not very big at all, but finally big enough to appreciate. If you can guess my tarantulas name I will give out another hint.
Okay 3 guesses
Curly Joe ( one of the 3 Stooges )
Zapata
"HI, I'm-a-big-scary-spider-and-Decius-will-never-have-a-girl friend-while-I'm-around" (Hi, for short )

Community Leader
Well I see you have collectively found 2 of the "new" ones. 3 if you count the brown tarantula, but its not "really" a hybrid.

You know I have a 1 year old Mexican curly haired tarantula at home. Not very big at all, but finally big enough to appreciate. If you can guess my tarantulas name I will give out another hint.
I asked on Twitter and here's the answers so far.

Alexander Lionheart - "ROSIE!!!"

Ashley Wildstone - "If he means the name of the species then it could be Brachypelma albopilsoum" (I learned something new today)

Logan Mistspear - "Santa" (Santa Cob? )

As for me, Curly? You know, Curly, Moe and that third one I could never remember.... Can't wait to see everyone else's answer to this. This is fun!!!!

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Stooge?

Community Leader
Looked back in the KI Blog Post about the Workers Pets and Rosie is Fred Howards.

Too bad Decius's spider didn't make the blog w/ its name!

Johnny - Pirate101 Community Leader
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Pirates o the Spir... on Dec 20, 2014 wrote:
Looked back in the KI Blog Post about the Workers Pets and Rosie is Fred Howards.

Too bad Decius's spider didn't make the blog w/ its name!
That would have been just TOO easy. Decius is WAY too crafty for that one

Ensign
May 16, 2011
Ok, ok Decius you wanna play 3 trillion guesses for the holiday season you meanie

Here's my list ...
Tranny? lol, Doyouwanna? (as in Tijuana?), Ondelay? Spiderman?, Spyder?,Spidey? Eensy Weensy? Hairy Harry? Scarey Hairy? Shirl the Curl?

Gosh let's know if it's a girl or boy and whether its a neutral name at least Decius

Ensign
May 16, 2011
I've got another, how about ... Petula?
Or Heidi? (since they burrow).
Goldilocks? (since the longer hair is a gold color).

Decius you've got to let us know if we are getting hot, cold or warm ok.

Lieutenant
Jul 11, 2009
Perhaps the critter be named after his fellow Pet maker
did he call it HEP

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Hairlapeno?
Q-bert?
Squintin' Tarant-ino?
Border Sauce?
Bijou?
Pequeno?
Chiquito?
Lorenzo?
Curly Temple?
Hondo? or Honduras?
Fathom?
Jerry Garcia?
Jerry Gracias?
Hairy Garcia?
Harry?
Larry? Curly? Moe? Shemp? Joe?
Frida?
Jefe?
Tuco?
Snork?

.....Snugglypoo?

That's it, I'm done.

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011

Guess you say? I'm sure this thread is getting ready to get bit Crazy!

My first thought "The Fuzz"

My Daughter says to throw in " Mr. Cuddles" gotta love those kids. I'm surprised she didn't say Princess, Ha.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I'm quite astonished that there are more hybrids to find out there, and I don't mean the ones that are only palette swap pet hybrids like in Wizard101.

That game's got so many of them, it somewhat had a lack of unique hybrid appearance variety, and these were very common to obtain to Wizards, though, I'm sure there are sort of those kind of pet hybrids much like what we have in that game, too. Still, nice to find more of them in Pirate101.

Community Leader
I don't know.. "Bob" as in you know Bob Duncan? For some reason he's all the rage nowadays.

Susie?

Cuddlesworth? Just in case you used P101 names.

Webs, Webby?

Richard? Richard Wentworth? Apparently he was the original Spider in a pulp magazine that inspired Stan Lee to create the modern Spiderman story we know of.
How about Peter? Peter Parker? It's the character name of the Spider Man.

The following guys have been Spiderman in movies.
Tobey? As in Tobey Maguire?
Andrew? Andrew Garfield?

Reeve? Reeve Carney? He starred as Spiderman on Broadway.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Charlotte?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Old-timey wild west slang for a man who was wild and dangerous: "He's a curly wolf."
Curly Wolf?

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
You want us to guess his name?!?! How very Rumplestiltskin of you.

So my list of guesses:

Rumplestiltskin?!?
Rapunzel?
Moe?
Curly Sue?
Decius?
8 eyed Jack?
Charlotte?
Aragog?
Hagrid?
Harry?
Shelob?
Webster?
Webby?
Fluffy?
Spot?
Fido?
Jose?
Pedro?
Perry the Platypus?
Miss Muffet?
Mycroft the Spider Prince?

Okay I'm done for now :-/

~Clumsy Calamity (maybe Ill get lucky)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Is your spider male or female? Okay, a name from Classical Myth: Arachne.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Some good guesses there, but no one is close yet.
Although I have found a few names in here that will have to be used for future spider pets.

And great job on finding 3 more Hybrids over the weekend.

Community Leader
Wow this is harder than I thought. How about a hint to the first letter of the name?

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Its not Hep, nope.
Here is a picture of IguanaDonna helping me decorate the tree from last weekend.

Before you get any ideas it wont be Spider+something.

Ensign
Jul 04, 2009
Maybe he / she is named Rizado. Spanish for " curly " I think.

Ensign
Apr 13, 2010

OK I have a few possible names of your tarantula:
Yeva
Pedro
Osvaldo

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
Decius Duelmaster on Dec 22, 2014 wrote:
Its not Hep, nope.
Here is a picture of IguanaDonna helping me decorate the tree from last weekend.

Before you get any ideas it wont be Spider+something.
Adorable How many pets do you have? Are they all inspiration for P101 pets?

I guess we will keep trying for the little tarantula cutie, any pics of it?

Ensign
Oct 17, 2010
I saw in my crystal ball that you either once had, or still have: a lizard named Lump and a cat named Nacho, too bad I haven't found anything on a tarantula...

-- Hannah Ironside