Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your LEAST favorite companion?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 15, 2012
I would have to say Nurse Quinn and Old Scratch. Nurse Quinn dies way to fast and old Scratch does "fizzle" (I can't figure out if that even does anything). I want to promote Old Scratch, but I have to pay for 'Into Port Regal' which is pretty lame.

Ensign
Apr 06, 2009
On my witchdoctor file I would have to say my "animal" companions. But I'm surprised people found Mormo and Old Scratch as useless because they are on the second row of my list. They're particularly useful because they can hit multiple enemies at once. I have many useless companions on my privateer file but the worst of the worst would have to be that monquisitor. He has the epic of witch hunter which is never triggered and his accuracy is dreadful. Followed by him would have to be Jim Masterson, Mustang Rowdy, Black Angus, and if I don't use my accuracy buffs then Iago can be a nightmare.

Captain
May 13, 2011
Witty Gavin on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
I would have to say Nurse Quinn and Old Scratch. Nurse Quinn dies way to fast and old Scratch does "fizzle" (I can't figure out if that even does anything). I want to promote Old Scratch, but I have to pay for 'Into Port Regal' which is pretty lame.
fizzle is the witchdoctor version of missing. before that update, missing would show as one person dodging the attack, even if more than one was targeted (example: old scratch targets 5 people with a normal attack, but one of them dodges and the attack is useless. now its replaced with fizzling)

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
CheeryCherry1234 on Dec 29, 2013 wrote:
He's really good when you promote him to a Houngan! I gave him good Mojo Echo, and he rocks!
I have promoted him to houngan. He's lvl 63 and I still think he is the worst. His health is low even for low health companions. He has no armor practically and dies after a couple hits. I know this is mean but sometimes I even just let him get killed so he won't show up unexpectedly in another battle.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
ironicly... i love the crab hermit! he has good epics and he is hard to kill to! one backdraw is that he doesent promote ps my crab is lvl 50

Ensign
Feb 03, 2012
For me my least favorite companion is old scratch he fizzles a lot and I don't like him at all he is last on my list

Surly Charlie Thompson 64

Ensign
Nov 27, 2013
Mine is probably lefty no true gift even when I promoted useless. Brandon Quinn level 61

Ensign
Nov 27, 2013
cam1109 on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
Here is my top 3 list of my worse companions as me being a level 13 . 1 Bonnie the fox .2 Kan the goat .3 is Mormo the water mole. From a level 13
Lol have you even promoted any of than.
Brandon Quinn level 61 witch doctor

Ensign
Nov 27, 2013
legionblader9001 on Mar 11, 2013 wrote:
Lefty, maybe because he's 3 lvls below me, but most of my companions are 5 lvls lower and still better.
Maybe he'll get better once he gets promo.
Can any witch doctors help me out and when he promos and what Epic talent I should get for him?
Dark Justin Holystone
I went with all burst fire
Brandon Quinn Level 61

Ensign
Jan 08, 2014
Duh, its got to be luie bisque! He is my weakest companion ever! hes only at level 9, and when he shoots its only 15-17 damage! He is the reason I almost die every time I battle!

Bloody Noah Ashburn

Ensign
Jan 19, 2013
Mine would have to be... Old Scratch. I Hate how he Fizzles and he doesn't do much damage. When he comes in battle with me i say "Awww Man! Not Old Scratch" :( It just annoys me :3 That is why he is on the bottom of my companion list ^_^

Ensign
Nov 07, 2012
No. 5, probably Batacuda

No. 4, skeleton corsair

No. 3, Nurse Quinn

No. 2, The Bison Spirits and Regular Bison Chief

No. 1, Defiantly The Valencia Hermit Crab

Captain
May 13, 2011
Rock Eagle on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
Duh, its got to be luie bisque! He is my weakest companion ever! hes only at level 9, and when he shoots its only 15-17 damage! He is the reason I almost die every time I battle!

Bloody Noah Ashburn
what your lvl? maybe you just train him too little. hes a very good companion if you use him right

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
My least favorite is Hidenari Kuga. I have him at level 61 right now and he still hasn't had one promotion yet. Other than that he dies easily and his rate of fire is so slow that his arrows are easily blocked. Also due to the fact that he has not had a promotion yet and he is from Mooshu his abilities are very low especially since the most recent update. I currently have him sleeping in the bunks because the best thing he can do besides that is die. He does look cool though i just wish he was a better fighter.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
Rock Eagle on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:

Bloody Noah Ashburn
You should definitely level him up!!! I have him at level 63 and he is in my top five. He gets a lot of sweet epics and his x3 critical hit is awesome. keep working with him and you will learn to love him as i have.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
In my crew, there are many hey-I-killed-two-in-one-round companions. But there are also the I-missed companions.

I really don't like the batacuda and scorpion. They miss too much as well as help the enemies who wields blade storm. Those two hindrances also decide to work when they take the credit of my hardworking companions' target. They completely ruin my plan for Bonnie Anne was supposed to do double tap in a lot battle.

Batacuda= He misses all the time. - He ruins my battle plans. - He activates blade storm or double tap when he dies.

Scorpion= The same as batacuda, except more successful.

Golden Chris Silver

Ensign
Mar 10, 2013
This is the list of my least favourite companions, from 3 to 1, 1 being the worst:

3: Skeleton Corsair (They suck in battle!)
2. Nurse Quinn (So bad in combat, she dies almost immediately!)
1. Old Scratch (He fizzles 95% of his turns! Plus, he deals minimal damage!)
Plus, they ruin all my other companion's plans, like once I planned for Bonnie Anne to do Double Tap when she was meant to kill an enemy. (Well, that totally backfired!)

Ensign
Mar 10, 2013
Thank goodness for BENCHING! (That way, I can temporarily get rid of my least favourite companions.)

Ensign
Mar 10, 2013
Scurvy Orion Lanya... on Dec 13, 2012 wrote:
Idk who's worse nanu nanu or egg shen they both have bad attack low def so they can die easy thye are just useless and stressful in a battle ~scorvy orion lanyard level 32 privateer
I agree, Nanu Nanu is pretty terrible, isn't he? He always deals minimal damage!
As for our Egg Shen, he might suck before he gets first promotion, but after his first promotion and up, he gets pretty awesome!

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
filly412 on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
On my witchdoctor file I would have to say my "animal" companions. But I'm surprised people found Mormo and Old Scratch as useless because they are on the second row of my list. They're particularly useful because they can hit multiple enemies at once. I have many useless companions on my privateer file but the worst of the worst would have to be that monquisitor. He has the epic of witch hunter which is never triggered and his accuracy is dreadful. Followed by him would have to be Jim Masterson, Mustang Rowdy, Black Angus, and if I don't use my accuracy buffs then Iago can be a nightmare.
Yup, those animal companions are useless. They only have one or two epics and the ones chosen for them are bad. They miss a lot too. It would be nice if they had a promotion for a tier two attack and another epic.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
MusketeerMegan on Feb 2, 2014 wrote:
Mine would have to be... Old Scratch. I Hate how he Fizzles and he doesn't do much damage. When he comes in battle with me i say "Awww Man! Not Old Scratch" :( It just annoys me :3 That is why he is on the bottom of my companion list ^_^
Old Scratch is indeed terrible the first time you get him. But, I suggest promote him. I have him as an undead Hougan and he is now first mate. He rarely frizzles, especially if you put an accuracy bonus from Itzen or others. Also, with mojo echo 2, he can kill a full health enemy, as well as damage the others in a 3x3 square. I also love seeing him twirl around with the lighting sparks (I think) and swirls.

Ensign
Mar 10, 2013
Witty Gavin on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
You don't know what a fizzle is?!?!
A fizzle is basically a mess-up of a magical attack. On Wizard101, they always get them with wizards and enemies. Old Scratch is definitely one for fizzling. I think Old Scratch would be much better with promotions! (Um, not that I have actually promoted him yet, he he..)
When Old Scratch fizzles, his magical attack backfires, and he never actually hits the enemy on that turn, so no health is decreased.
BTW, fizzling occurs occasionally with witchdoctors' attacks(both enemy and pirate witchdoctors) just like blocking and dodging occasionally occurs with the other classes' attacks.
Sorry if I was a little rude there...

Ambitious Natalie Brewster

Ensign
Mar 10, 2013
Nanu Nanu sucks because of the following reasons:
Whenever he makes contact with the enemy, he always deals very low damage, compared to my other companions.
He doesn't have any super hits or powers that you can command
Even when promoted he is very low.

Ensign
Mar 10, 2013
Lucas Jackson on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
so far, bonnie.

1.she barely does damage.
2.there is never a good spot to put her so she can fire
3. i don't know how to use her power

i haven't seen her battle when she's a sharpshooter, she might be good, but for now she's my least favorite.

Lucas "the power" Jackson level 10
Bonnie Anne is AMAZING when she gets promoted to Sharpshooter. Get her to Level 8 and start her promotion quest, cause it's totally worth it! And she gets even better when she is higher levelled.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
I also hate Lefty. He always deals low damage, even to the melee enemies. His critical are also very weak. Compared to Bonnie Anne, he does about fifty less. And their levels coincide. But he can last longer because he isn't a threat or a top priority to kill by others.

Golden Chris Silver lvl 41