Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your LEAST favorite companion?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Based on my experience as a pirate101 player here are my least favorite companion below.

1.Crab hermit- For limited skills and for me low appeal based on his performance in combat.

2.Water mole Sling shooter - Great companion early on, up until hidden valley ranch in Cool Ranch where to me loses his relevance,unless he got a second tier and get better powers.

3.Tricky Viny- For me it's hard for me to work this companion,he is great early in the game. But once reaching to Cool Ranch,in my opinon he goes down hills.

4.Old Scratch- Nicknamed " Old Fizzle ", prior to the spring update yes he fizzles a lot,kind of funny initially but get annoying later on.

5.Nida- Hard to work on this companion, good defense but low health.

That's top 5 least favorite companion on the list,please remember this only my opinon.

Lieutenant
Nov 04, 2012
1:Crab Hermit dies quick
2:Starter ones before level 13 promotions
3:Chantal Livingstone she's a girl copy of Lefty and dies quickly
4:Carcarius Grimtooth fizzles to much

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
As well as Nurse Quinn not being my favourite I have to say that Nausica is just as annoying, with people that use her in battle I wonder if they really know how it feels to be attacked by her in pvp. She is so over powered it's unbelievable and if she comes close to a musket with burst fire, they are obviously doomed.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
Polaris1055 on Aug 24, 2014 wrote:
1:Crab Hermit dies quick
2:Starter ones before level 13 promotions
3:Chantal Livingstone she's a girl copy of Lefty and dies quickly
4:Carcarius Grimtooth fizzles to much
I don't have any hate against you whatsoever but Chantal isn't bad to me anyway, you say she's a copy of Lefty? Well all the new companions are: Marchioness is basically The Brass Monkey but a Privy version, Carcarius is just as normal as a Cutthroat, Peter is like Brody in that Vortex near Jonah Town and Fan is like a Cat Pirate. Also my Carcarius doesn't really fizzle, just give him the right epics and talents. Thank You.

Ensign
Jun 27, 2009
I hope everyone agrees that Old Scratch is the worst by far! He fizzles to much! Also I hate Ratbeard! I don't know why, but I never used him due to a lack of power or talent.

Ensign
Nov 23, 2013
I would have to say Nurse Quinn or Valencian crab hermit. I never quite took to them when I got them from questing, so normally I just have them toil away at Plunderin', Sailin', or Pet Wranglin', etc., etc. Some others are Tricky Vinny and Subodai, my first companion - but I hear he gets better, and I haven't been leveling him up.

Some of my favorites are Froggo Villa, Sarah Steele, and Bonnie Anne. Those three are absolute beasts. A runner-up, I suppose, is my new Bison companion, Stormy Sky.

Loyal Emmaline Ramsey, lvl 34 (I think)

Ensign
May 01, 2011
amypinkcat on Oct 1, 2014 wrote:
I hope everyone agrees that Old Scratch is the worst by far! He fizzles to much! Also I hate Ratbeard! I don't know why, but I never used him due to a lack of power or talent.
I will not agree with you Old Scratch is a very good companion after his second promotion .If he fizzles you can reset his talents and epics and choose accuracy 4 and improved mojo blast 2 and mojo echo 2 also give him rough spooky and will and he for sure will be one of your top 10 companions.I wait for his new promotion i expect his minion to be upgraded and jobu's breath to be upgraded to jobu's kiss and if they'll give him mournsong ghostwail or soulreaver.Ratbeard also is a great companion after his 3rd promotion he'd be a beast if he'd had relentless and vengeance strike

Ensign
Apr 30, 2013
Crab hermit by far!

Smart Aedan Zest lvl 29

Ensign
May 06, 2012
My companion list has moved around a lot. For the longest time, Bonnie Anne was my favorite ( Up until level 35 when I got Nausica ) Nausica took over until level 38 ( When I got El Toro ) And now it's Mustang Sally. They were good companions... the one at the bottom has always been Romba. I have never found him helpful or exciting.

Ian Milford, shooting down evil since ancient times

Ensign
Mar 02, 2014
My least favourite would have to be Nurse Quinn as one heal doesn't really cut it for me.

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
Noble Arthur Fairl... on May 24, 2014 wrote:
Romba
just changed to thunder hoof
why no promotion

Ensign
Mar 08, 2011
For me, The worst companion is Old Scratch AKA The Fizzle Master.... (Not a thing you want to be a master at eh?) Well the first sentence says it all he always fizzles and pretty weak in health i really never upgrade him....

Lieutenant
Oct 29, 2012
err... maybe alejandro quesada.
i don't even know why i own him!!!

Ensign
May 17, 2014
My friend has Nurse Quinn and when she was helping me quest the companion was so weak and, I even dare to say stupid! My Ratbeard could do more damage!

Ensign
Jan 29, 2014
The First Swashbuc... on Feb 24, 2013 wrote:
uhhh hands down for that bonnie anne is one my second line almost first she is awesome and she does 85 -115 damage and critcals alot
i know right! my least favorite is dont laugh at me but its ridolfo the unicorn duelist you get at valancia

an el taco ( el toro ) i like calling him el taco!! lol

fearful cassandra lvl 25

Ensign
Jan 29, 2014
brynnecaela23 on Nov 18, 2012 wrote:
I don't really like Nurse Quinn. Whoops, I meant to say I HATE her.
lol

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2014
Subodai. While he is good after his third promotion, his attack is low, and he doesn't exactly do anything significant.

Ensign
Oct 13, 2013
My least favorite is Nadya the mustang gypsy. She has rouse but she is so weak and she is defeated so easily that it's just not worth it.
BUCCANEERS ARE AWESOME

Ensign
Oct 18, 2013
My least favorite companion is Nurse Quinn. Sure, her rouse is helpful, but she is just way to weak over all.

Ensign
May 09, 2013
I have a few.

Ones have already been stated: Nurse Quinn and Crab Hermit

I also don't have much love for Hank Thornton the chicken miner, Tricky Vinny, Froggo Villa or Catbeard.

Wanting Bonnie Anne to dodge a bit more and Sarah Steele to not draw as much threat as she currently does (she's normally the first to die). Is there a way you can sack non-storyline crew members? Might mention something in The Shipyards.

Petty Officer
Dec 20, 2012
Nurse Quinn and Crab Hermit, obviously

Ensign
Sep 06, 2014
TheDragonTamer237 on Nov 18, 2012 wrote:
Mine is Subodai, my first companion, or Tricky Vinny. I almost never use training points on them unless I want to make them stronger. They're not very strong to begin with, though, which is irrtiating in battle.
tricky vinny is bad, but at least you can promote him. but SOBUDAI is awesome But only if you get him promoted. Try doing that.

Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
guys old scratch, ratbeard, nanu nanu, and some other companions can be promoted in cool ranch(bonnie anne level 31).old scratch level 24 and 34. ratbeard level 10, 28and louis be bisquik is promotable too

Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
try leveling up bonnie anne, old scratch,ratbeard,and most companions that talk in the game. also, heres a link to pirate101central that will help you discuss things through

pirate101central.com/wiki/Catagory:companions

Ensign
Feb 02, 2012
I don't really like Old scratch. He fizzles like 75% of the time it is pretty annoying.He also dose not have as much heath that i want him too i know he is a witchdoctor and fights from far away but come on. He also has a weak range he can shoot from.