Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Who is your LEAST favorite companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 26, 2011
Ensign
May 10, 2011
It has to be Nurse Quinn. Most of the people know why.

Ensign
Jun 01, 2014
Subodai is generating a lot of hate for some reason, but once you promote him (or even before you promote him) he's one of the best companions I've ever had. I'd say my 3 least favorite companions are:
  1. Crab Hermit - He doesn't do that much damage or have a lot of health, and his crab minions die faster than a dumbell sinks in the water.
  2. Nurse Quinn - No offense, nurse quinn, but the only reason I find you useful is healing. Other than that, she powerful...
  3. Crazed Monquistador - No epics, little damage, little health, little dodge, only a little useful.
Thank you for reading.

Ensign
Jul 08, 2015
Honestly, Nurse Quinn dies a lot and her accuracy is off, but I also don't like Subodai too much because he is slow and can not dodge or hit hard no matter how much I train him.

Lieutenant
May 07, 2009
Alexandra Zipman on Aug 5, 2015 wrote:
Honestly, Nurse Quinn dies a lot and her accuracy is off, but I also don't like Subodai too much because he is slow and can not dodge or hit hard no matter how much I train him.
Subodai?! What level are you and is a warrior yet? He gets very good at that point!

Ensign
Aug 13, 2014

Hmm, I don't really have a least favorite companion but if I did it would probably Louis Le Bisque. Sorry if any one else likes him!

Petty Officer
Aug 06, 2015
For all the people who hate old scratchy he is GREAT when you promote him his attacks look cool and when you give him his last promo his minion changes and is stronger.

Themagerhonor, at your service

Petty Officer
Aug 06, 2015
Old scratch is good after you promote him especially after the second time

My least favorite would have to be the monquisitor that privy's get in a side quest in monquista. If you don't know who he is you can look it up and type what i said

Have a spooktacular time in the skyway friends. Mwahahahahahahahah!!!

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
Ahoy there pirates!
My least favorite companions are Old Scratch and Subodai. They do so little damage and Old Scratch fizzles a decent amount.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Sarah Steele, Nurse quinn. And Vinny.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
theprivateers on Dec 11, 2012 wrote:
think about it. old scratch is your only witchdoctor, unless your a witchdoctor yourself, or a swashbuckler. also, he's the only dead companion you'll ever get, that also summons an extra creature to help! though he isn't the strongest, extra help is better than no help, right?

brave Jonathan level 26
Actually, If you choose mutiny, You get dead mike, And he's a zombie.

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
masterjasper9. on Dec 22, 2012 wrote:
What do other classes get as their companion at the beginning. I know that Swashbucklers get the horse barbarian cause i am one but i dont know the others
Sorry that this is really late and maybe answered. But privateers get egg shen. Musketeers get wing chun. Buccaneers get Kobe. And witchdoctors get kan po

Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
Probably Louis Le Bisque. He just seems disappointing. It's because he is good. I don't like him, but he is good. He is really fat for a video game, plus I don't like the harpoon thing. Plus, a few monkeys, a couple little chickens, and a partridge in a pear tree. I would also like to have a few companions gain promotions. Then I would like quite a few a lot more. (Mustang Sally!!!!)

Captain
Dec 06, 2012
Actually, My least favorite is Strong John Roberts. My crab hermit. Why you may ask? One time I forgot to assign him to an order before I went into a fight. And I lost catbeard and almost Hawkules because he showed up. And the thing is. I am a level 65 . And the enemies were level 51. And he was level 54 cause I don't want to waste training points on him anymore. And he missed EVERY attack. And cost me a precious catbeard. So s. Don't pick him up unless you just want to use him for orders.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Believe it or not, my favorite is my least favorite. Louis Le Bisque. He was my favorite companion for a long time, until the newer quests came out. His voice is just so.... cringe worthy during the new blood shoals quests. Just... ugh.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Mine is the serpent augur, she comes with 3 epics and once you give her improved mojo blast 2 she only has 1 epic left, she does come with mournsong and that is good but once that is done she will miss almost all of the time and rarely mojo echoes and even when she does it's a miss I have even given her accuracy 4 but she still misses a lot

Ensign
Sep 21, 2015
My least favorite is the bison, they are USELESS! they never get promoted (as far as I know) and the only epic they come with is like hold the line, witch hunter, and parting shot! they are useful alongside other epics, but with that and the one you chose they have no real use but orders. they are boring as well with no expression of emotion and the other bison the story line are stubborn and i can't Stand them!

Ensign
Dec 02, 2015
here is the worst that i have seen so far

a crazed monquistor because he's low on attack, not very good in battle so i just put him in my dorm

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
creeperdude911 on Jan 12, 2016 wrote:
here is the worst that i have seen so far

a crazed monquistor because he's low on attack, not very good in battle so i just put him in my dorm
I do agree but I get the funny feeling he will be a beast in the next storyline update, I have the feeling that KI are working on a ton of ready or overdue promotions we are all going to love

Petty Officer
Sep 17, 2011
Any companion that doesn't at least get the 16 talents point total of the average significant companion! I understand limiting epics a bit on companions that are basically "side dishes" but talents also? I say ALL companions should at least be allowed the 16 point max in talents. Just my opinion. Think it over please kings. would make more of a variety of useful companions people want to use then a bunch of weaker or useless companions that may end up just sitting in your companion panel forever never being used because they are so obsolete/weak compared to the upper class companions/story companions.

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
narnialover1104 on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy there pirates!
My least favorite companions are Old Scratch and Subodai. They do so little damage and Old Scratch fizzles a decent amount.
I am definitely taking back what i said about Old Scratch. He is really good for buffing, and he can actually do a good amount of damage. I think I'll be using him for PvP. Nurse Quinn is pretty bad. She is a witch with first strike and relentless, which doesn't particularly make much sense.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
narnialover1104 on Jan 16, 2016 wrote:
I am definitely taking back what i said about Old Scratch. He is really good for buffing, and he can actually do a good amount of damage. I think I'll be using him for PvP. Nurse Quinn is pretty bad. She is a witch with first strike and relentless, which doesn't particularly make much sense.
Nurse Quinn is one of the few melee witchdoctors in the game alongside nadya and hoodoo cornelius

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
As a Swashbuckler The Crab Hermit is hands down terrible, along with Nurse Quinn, All they do is get me Nat XP, My Three Mains are Fan Flanders, Sarah Steele, and Bonnie Anne (Best Companions right now, about to do Santo Pollo on my )

Any Monquista companion is Bad, They Get Blocked on, do 30 damage per swing, and die in 3 seconds.

I don't like the Ghost Privateer Bison Companions, they just never hit and when they do it's weak.

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
narnialover1104 on Dec 2, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy there pirates!
Lol now i take back that whole statement! When Subodai promotes to Horse Khan, he can get Relent 3, Vengeance 3, Turn the Tide 2, and Blade Storm 1! He is really good for Swashbuckler PvP, and now I realize he does not do "So little damage."

Ensign
Jun 12, 2012
I don't really like the witchdoctor shark because he doesn't have many good attacks like old scratch because old scratch and the water mole are so overpower but the shark is just weird.